Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old June 1st, 2021, 11:55 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
The Book of Spider-Man (Norn Enhanced)

The Book of Spider-Man (Norn Enhanced)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 44
A VERY SPIDEY CHRISTMAS

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Hammer of Thor set.
Its model number and name are #048 / Spider-Man.

Character Bio - In a universe not so different from the one we know, Spider-Man saved a woman from a mugging, only to find out that she was Amora, the Enchantress. Impressed with Spider-Man, Amora charmed him into following her back to Asgard, where she more forcibly took control and used Spider-Man to instigate a brief coup. She enhanced his abilities (granting him a crude facsimile of Mjolnir) and made him fight off many of Asgard's defenders before Thor arrived to set things right. - (Ronin)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Crossover Symbol: The Crossover Symbol next to Spider-Man's secret identity indicates that he is draftable into the same army with other Peter Parker cards. See C3G's Secret Identity Rules.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
  • Initial playtest: tcglkn
  • Second playtest: Blubberguy22, part 2
  • Third playtest: Ronin
  • Fourth playtest: FreshFoods
  • Art: Comic, Figure, Background
  • Card Art by tcglkn
  • Based on the "If I Had a Hammer..." story in Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #40

Last edited by Splash; July 27th, 2022 at 03:34 PM.
Old June 1st, 2021, 12:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Spider-Man (Norn Enhanced) - Design

NAME = SPIDER-MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = PETER PARKER (CROSSOVER)

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WARRIOR
PERSONALITY = HYPNOTIZED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 170

NORN-ENHANCED HAMMER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 4.
After attacking with this special attack, you may roll the 20-sided die once for each opponent's figure adjacent to the defending figure. If you roll a 15 or higher, inflict a wound on that figure. Spider-Man may then use his Swing Line special power and attack a different figure with his normal attack.

MANIPULATED MIND 4
If any player rolls the 20-sided die to take temporary control of Spider-Man, that player may add 4 to the roll.

SWING LINE 3
Instead of his normal move, Spider-Man may move up to 3 spaces with Swing Line. When moving with Swing Line, Spider-Man has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 40 levels in a single swing, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by tcglkn; November 25th, 2021 at 01:34 PM.
Old June 1st, 2021, 12:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

@Arch-vile
@Lord Pyre
@Soundwarp SG-1
@LordVenoc
@MrNobody
@Arkham
@Ronin
Old June 1st, 2021, 12:09 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Is there anything we can do to make this guy more distinct from the average Spider-Man? Even just a higher life (and probably a worse dodge to compensate) would make me way more likely to want to pair him with Enchantress, which would be nice.
Old June 1st, 2021, 12:12 PM
Tickle Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Is there anything we can do to make this guy more distinct from the average Spider-Man? Even just a higher life (and probably a worse dodge to compensate) would make me way more likely to want to pair him with Enchantress, which would be nice.
I could go with like 7 life and Spidey-Sense at 15. But he's already a fairly nice pair with Enchantress as a cheap-ish figure with a Range of 1 and the ability to attack 3 figures that she can bond with on only a 7 or higher.
Old June 1st, 2021, 12:15 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I still like the general direction. Some quick thoughts though.

I get what MrN is saying, he's pretty similar to other Spideys even if the power names are flashier.

I kinda think that one big attack might be more thematic to a pseudo-Mjolnir rather than multis, but I get the multis are good for Enchantress.

Pretty sure he still had a lightning strike in the book, so we could retool and tone down God of Thunder Strike for something a bit different here.

Also he's Enchantress's bodyguard, so a protection power might work too.

Don't have to use any of that, but a few tweaks to differentiate a bit seems like a good idea regardless! I feel like it'll be hard to go wrong here.
Old June 1st, 2021, 12:23 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

What if his final attack was bigger than the rest? Like he’s bringing down Fauxjolnir as a “combo finisher.”

I’ve tended to find that Enchantress likes her Bodyguard to be someone a bit bulkier, but maybe just having a really optimal pairing at 170 will be good enough for her to want him.
Old June 1st, 2021, 12:34 PM
Just A Head

Just spitballing, something like this might make him feel really unique:
Quote:
NORN-ENHANCED ABILITIES
After attacking with Spider-Man’s normal attack, if it was his;
• first or second attack this turn, you may roll an unblockable attack die against a figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man other than the defending figure. Spider-Man may then use his Swing Line special power and attack again with his normal attack.
• third attack this turn, add 2 to Spider-Man’s Attack number.
Spider-Man may not attack the same figure more than once per turn.
Old June 1st, 2021, 02:51 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Was going to say the same thing LP.
That looks cool Nobody. I was going to suggest something like Iron Fist but that works.
Old June 1st, 2021, 02:59 PM
Tickle Pickle

I like that power Nobody, I'd probably run with it like this:

Quote:
NORN-ENHANCED ABILITIES
After attacking with Spider-Man’s normal attack, if it was his;
• first attack this turn, you may roll an unblockable attack die against a figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man other than the defending figure. Spider-Man may then use his Swing Line special power and attack again with his normal attack.
• second attack this turn, add 2 to Spider-Man’s Attack number.
Spider-Man may not attack the same figure more than once per turn.
I think with the unblockable getting to do that twice is pretty absurd and I do want to keep his cost relatively low, being that he's not actually Asgardian and he only appears like this in one story. I'd have to drop Spidey-Sense and up his Defense to 6 with this power as all 4 won't fit, but I only added Spidey-Sense cause I felt just triple attacking was kinda bland.
Old June 2nd, 2021, 01:35 AM
Just A Head

That looks pretty nifty, I think bringing it down to 2 attacks makes a lot of sense.
Old June 2nd, 2021, 03:51 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I could dig that direction. At that point, might be cleaner to frame it as an SA that lets you Swing Line and attack normally afterward?

Quote:
Range 1. Attack X.
After attacking with this special attack, you may roll an unblockable attack die against a figure within 2 clear sight spaces of Spider-Man other than the defending figure. Spider-Man may then use his Swing Line special power and attack with his normal attack. Spider-Man cannot attack the same figure twice in one turn.
That way you can trim the "add to his dice" language and just have different attack numbers for the SA and his normal.

That'd give him a pretty diverse toolbox in one power, too (SA + normal + unblockable), which is cool for the sort of discount beater angle.

EDIT: Oh, also, I get what Nobody is saying about him being a bit squishy for Enchantress. IMO he is kind of a discount option though, so I think that's fine. You're trading off the durability for the extra efficiency. I'd probably crank up Manipulated Mind 1-2 if playing him with Enchantress isn't a feel-good.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library