Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Notices

Old August 24th, 2018, 08:34 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New England Scene Revival

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarroCloner164 View Post
@itsbuzzi Gonna throw my name in here - trying to re-enter the 'scape scene, currently in central CT so I can branch out to the RI, MA areas. God bless these tiny states.

(casually blowing dust off this account I haven't touched in five years, feels good to be back)
Welcome back! I use mentions in my event threads so I dropped your name in and whenever I post another event you'll get a notification. I'm thinking the next one will be around winter break (for college) but the December month seems too busy so I may do it early January. I now need to think of a good location that would not be too far from you. I know we have many in MA some in NH and a couple in CT. Any ideas for places would be great. I unfortunately only know my local ones but am willing to make a further trip. This next event may be in RI again just because that's all i know for game stores but stay tuned!

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old November 7th, 2018, 07:55 AM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker

Hey! hello New England 'Scapers! Just saw this thread! I'd love to be part of this revival!
Old November 7th, 2018, 09:28 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles View Post
Hey! hello New England 'Scapers! Just saw this thread! I'd love to be part of this revival!
Hello! Looks like you're new to the site, so welcome! The revival hasn't had that strong a foot yet, but I have my hopes.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 7th, 2018, 09:43 AM

Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker Curry_Noodles knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles View Post
Hello! Looks like you're new to the site, so welcome! The revival hasn't had that strong a foot yet, but I have my hopes.
Well at the least I have found fellow scapers around my area. Has there been anything tournament wise in the area lately?
Old November 7th, 2018, 09:46 AM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

If you build it, they will come...

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old November 7th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup. Providence is nicely situation for a New England event, too. There's a link in my signature box about how to run your first tournament. It's not hard, and if you give it a shot, then you'll be able to answer your own question. Don't be shy about it, Curry, and welcome to the boards!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 7th, 2018, 10:49 AM

I'll be sure to give it a more in-depth read (great article so far!) I think before I would even realistically think of hosting my own tourney I'd like to get to know at least a handful of people in my area. I know that I have my very small pool of fellow scapers but I'd love to meet others and even battle them too!
Old November 7th, 2018, 10:53 AM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

@itsbuzzi has been trying to host a handful of tourneys lately, so I'd look out for another attempt by them. I have to say, hosting a tourney is a wonderful experience. I hosted my first when I was 13 or 14 years old after attending just two or three tourneys. Anything is possible and given the non-existent presence of tourneys outside of itsbuzzi's, I'd say we're in the market for some new hosts.

Old November 8th, 2018, 06:31 PM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

I'm trying my best, it'll catch on soon it's been so long since events I figured it would take a while.

Great timing Curry and welcome to the forums! I was actually planning another event for January. Many of the locations I find best are shops that also host MTG events and there is a new set coming out sometime January. Short story I need to avoid any events the store will run that has to do with this new set release. Curry I will include you in the tags I have and set up the next event. It's already in the works and I should have the details worked out by next week.

Stay tuned all!

Edit: It's been a while since I added another mention, how do I do it correctly? Curry's doesn't come up with a link.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet

Last edited by itsbuzzi; November 8th, 2018 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Help with tags
Old November 8th, 2018, 07:19 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Not worth it's own thread, but the community center in Marlboro where I live in southern VT is having a game day this Sunday. 1-4pm, all welcome.

There will be one (maybe two?) 'scape boards set up with a limited, but I hope tempting, choice of small armies for learning. I hope it'll evolve into a regular gaming group with regular 'scape. If anyone wants to make the drive, you'd be very welcome.

Let me know it you want more directions or details.

Fair warning: at the last public Heroscape event in Marlboro, the now-director of the Community Center arrived mid-storm and persuaded two carloads of currently-unoccupied players head back to her house to right an overturned duckhouse. Attend at your own risk. (On the other hand, she also provided several platesworth of delicious cookies.)

Last edited by ollie; November 8th, 2018 at 07:38 PM. Reason: link added
Old November 9th, 2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie View Post
Not worth it's own thread, but the community center in Marlboro where I live in southern VT is having a game day this Sunday. 1-4pm, all welcome.

There will be one (maybe two?) 'scape boards set up with a limited, but I hope tempting, choice of small armies for learning. I hope it'll evolve into a regular gaming group with regular 'scape. If anyone wants to make the drive, you'd be very welcome.

Let me know it you want more directions or details.

Fair warning: at the last public Heroscape event in Marlboro, the now-director of the Community Center arrived mid-storm and persuaded two carloads of currently-unoccupied players head back to her house to right an overturned duckhouse. Attend at your own risk. (On the other hand, she also provided several platesworth of delicious cookies.)
Wow, that does sound tempting! I'm going to be around for the long weekend. Unfortunately, I think I'll be too deep into family business, but if I can squeeze it I'd love to show up. Hopefully there will be more events like this in the future!

January could happen for me, buzzi.

Old November 9th, 2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
I'm trying my best, it'll catch on soon it's been so long since events I figured it would take a while.

Great timing Curry and welcome to the forums! I was actually planning another event for January. Many of the locations I find best are shops that also host MTG events and there is a new set coming out sometime January. Short story I need to avoid any events the store will run that has to do with this new set release. Curry I will include you in the tags I have and set up the next event. It's already in the works and I should have the details worked out by next week.

Stay tuned all!

Edit: It's been a while since I added another mention, how do I do it correctly? Curry's doesn't come up with a link.
Much Appreciated ! Looking forward to more updates! Its almost like a dream come true

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers