Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old November 16th, 2017, 09:26 AM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

Well, I finally broke down and backed Kings of War: Vanguard. They pulled me in from considering a single warband (purely for HS conversion) to dropping $150 on the whole blasted thing. The campaign ends tomorrow evening, and I'm praying we break through the $200K mark, because that Ice Elemental looks epic.
Old November 16th, 2017, 12:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

There is some good stuff in there as far as minis are concerned. I just can't back another project for a while. Really dig some of the terrain though.
Old November 16th, 2017, 08:21 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I really think the vanguard game has quite a bit of potential. Ive really loved smaller scale skirmish games. Im beyond buying miniatures for heroscape conversions. Ive got way too many minis sitting waiting for scape cards and its just not viable anymore. Both from me not getting much heroscape in and other reasons like testing cards to play. Smaller scale skirmish games can be played by simply painting up a dozen of figures and throwing them at the table. Ive also just want to play on a cooler looking board with homemade terrain and no grids or hexes. The vanguard game also reimplements kings of war which is @Tiranx s game of choice. Thanks for the heads up on it. It looks great and id love to back it but cant justify any more games at the moment.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 17th, 2017, 12:13 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I ended up backing Vanguard for 60 bucks. Went with the rulebook pledge for 30 bucks and threw another 30 on there to get the ogre warband and the goblin on a lizard. I actually snuck a buddy another 20 bucks on his pledge so I could get a second warband of ogres (splitting it up makes it look better to the wife .

Ogres are by far the best for dollar value and if you are looking to make a Kings of War army they have the lowest figure count (makes it easier to paint and create an army). Mantic is just a great game company. Vanguard will be my third game from them following Kings of War and Dungeon Saga.
Old November 17th, 2017, 02:49 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Big News on The Great War French Army Expansion. You can now add on buys for the larger game card decks and pairs of French Heavy Tanks! You get one Schneider and one St. Chaumond. Four scenarios with these tanks are now also offered as new stretch goals, among other goodies like tank decals.
Old November 25th, 2017, 03:18 PM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker

Lockwood's Asylum managed to draw me in through reasonable price, excellent artwork, and sheer theme.
Old November 26th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Currently backing D-Day Dice: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on/description

I usually don't do wargames, but this one (to me) is more "dicey" than "wargamey" if that makes any sense. Plus there are a ton of stretch goals that have been unlocked so far.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old November 29th, 2017, 09:32 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Big News on The Great War French Army Expansion. You can now add on buys for the larger game card decks and pairs of French Heavy Tanks! You get one Schneider and one St. Chaumond. Four scenarios with these tanks are now also offered as new stretch goals, among other goodies like tank decals.
Well I broke down and pledged the General Melchett level for The Great War. Which gives the core set, Rrench expansion, tanks expansion, whippet expansion. And since some of the stretch goals are French tank expansion I went ahead and picked up 2 sets of the French Tanks add-on. Whew!

That was my third KS behind Dresden Files and Legends Untold. I think I'm finished buying games for awhile, at least until I run across one of the games on my wishlist for sale somewhere(not likely in one case, and pretty pricey in the other).

- Raider30
Old November 29th, 2017, 09:59 PM

is my latest.
Kickstarter is like an albatross hanging from my wallet.

Last edited by Dark_Stranger; November 29th, 2017 at 10:04 PM. Reason: aaagh. can't seem to get rid of the embedded video, so I guess it's staying
Old December 3rd, 2017, 10:44 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Currently backing D-Day Dice: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...on/description

I usually don't do wargames, but this one (to me) is more "dicey" than "wargamey" if that makes any sense. Plus there are a ton of stretch goals that have been unlocked so far.
OK, sorry for the repost so soon, but there is now less than two days left, and they have passed £200,000 which gives everyone backing at Sergeant level and higher a free expansion, which lets a player play as the Germans.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 10th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I plan on backing Cube Hog when it launches on Kickstarter in March.

Meet the developers!
Tyler Damm (left) from Lowell, Indiana and Thibault P. Corens (right) from Hamme, Belgium are both students in the Purdue Polytechnic Institute. They have been working passionately to make Cube Hog a reality and can’t wait for you to experience it for yourself! 🐽

While I have a vested interest in this game's success, because Tyler is my nephew, has grown up on the next block from me and was my go to Heroscape opponent for many years, but as a bonus, this is a fun game. I've playtested it and taught it at my game group over Christmas break and it was well received. Tyler and Thibault have worked hard on this and have gotten a ton of playtesting done at Purdue, as well as with a bunch of people around me and Thibault event took it back home to Belgium to get it playtested there during Christmas break. I know I've given Tyler plenty of feedback from my own experiences in gaming, as well as from players I taught it to. It's pretty solid at this point and only needing a little refinement between now and when it gets funded. Very proud of him.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 12th, 2018, 02:04 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just got a copy of 878 Vikings (Academy). I hadn't backed the Kickstarter because I wanted to make sure the game was not too similar to its predecessor 1775 Rebellion, and now it turns out it is not. Luckily, they were selling the core game plus other expansions and minis, etc. through Amazon, so I even got free and quick shipping! So I was able to get all but the least important components which were KS exclusives. I've also ordered the promo card set from the Bgg store!

Last edited by chas; January 12th, 2018 at 04:24 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games