Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 16th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Oh yeah, I guess it's on Posse. I think it would fit better on Shootout, but maybe that's just me. What I liked about it is that it really made it valuable to spread order markers.
Old April 16th, 2019, 01:43 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

That does increase the gulf in power between Shootout and Posse.

Does the rigidity of the OMs bother you? With that version of Shootout, you'd really have to have all your OMs on Lawmen.
Old April 16th, 2019, 02:46 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Does the rigidity of the OMs bother you? With that version of Shootout, you'd really have to have all your OMs on Lawmen.
Eh, not really. You're getting bonus turns multiple heroes, all with multi-target or multi-attack powers. A limitation like making it tough on order markers would make sense.
Old April 16th, 2019, 02:50 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I like that version.

I agree with Scy that the OM thing "feels" like it should be on Shootout, but I'm not sure of a way to replicate the gameplay of this version while moving the mechanic.

I would be in favor of testing that version as-is.
Old April 16th, 2019, 03:09 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Suggestion...
SHOOTOUT
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Lawman Hero and taking that Lawman's turn, if the Lawman did not attack you may start a shootout. Take a turn with any Lawman that has an Order Marker on it's card. During these turns they can only attack.
I think this accomplishes several of the issues.
  • Forces you to spread OM's and prevents CP from being a OM dump.
  • Clearly identifies who can be apart of the shootout, without having to count revealed OM's.
  • Removes Bonus attacks.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old April 16th, 2019, 03:33 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Suggestion...
SHOOTOUT
After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Lawman Hero and taking that Lawman's turn, if the Lawman did not attack you may start a shootout. Take a turn with any Lawman that has an Order Marker on it's card. During these turns they can only attack.
I think this accomplishes several of the issues.
  • Forces you to spread OM's and prevents CP from being a OM dump.
  • Clearly identifies who can be apart of the shootout, without having to count revealed OM's.
  • Removes Bonus attacks.
I was about to post something like this. This version of Shootout, coupled with one of the two:

SHERIFF'S POSSE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Clayton Pierce, you may choose a number of other Unique Lawman Heroes you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Clayton up to the number of the Order Marker you revealed. Move each chosen Lawman up to 5 spaces.

or more simplistically:

SHERIFF'S POSSE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Clayton Pierce, you may choose up to X other Unique Lawman Heroes you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Clayton. Move each chosen Lawman up to 5 spaces.

Would that be something the judges would consider?
Old April 16th, 2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
or more simplistically:

SHERIFF'S POSSE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Clayton Pierce, you may choose up to X other Unique Lawman Heroes you control within 6 clear sight spaces of Clayton. Move each chosen Lawman up to 5 spaces.
I think simple is better here. Unless there's a strong gameplay reason for the number of the order marker, go this direction.

Quote:
For me at least, yes.
Old April 16th, 2019, 05:56 PM

Alright. I’d like to hear other judges’ opinions on the possibilities that have been posted. Trying to take stock of what everyone is thinking.
Old April 16th, 2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Unless there's a strong gameplay reason for the number of the order marker, go this direction.
Also, the reason for the “number of the order marker” mechanic was an attempt to differentiate him from other “leader” figures, which was a desired goal both for us and SoV.
Old April 16th, 2019, 10:59 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
SHERIFF'S POSSE

I'd be fine with this, especially since it seems that Shootout is potentially pretty wordy. Having Posse be more simple seems like a plus to me.

I like the version that Kinseth posted, though I think the wording could be scrubbed a tad to make it more obvious that the Lawman that just took a turn can take a shot too. (I'm thinking "After revealing an Order Marker on a Unique Lawman Hero and taking that Lawman's turn, if the Lawman attacked an opponent's figure during its turn, you may take a turn with every other Lawman that has an Order Marker on its card. During these turns they can only attack.")

FWIW, I preferred previous versions of Posse I saw where the Lawman Heroes had to end their move within X amount of spaces of Clayton, rather than begin. Feels more like a posse to me if they're moving together. Also, once the Shootouts start the Lawmen will be able to move out on their own more (assuming you go with the OM-on-card requirement instead of heroes=OM number), so you'll still be able to cover the map well enough. Seems thematic too, move out together, then start moving out to cover once the shootout starts, one Lawman advancing at a time while the others provide cover fire. Just some more for a design that has had a couple dollars thrown at it at this point. In the end, regardless of personal preference, I don't know that there's an objective "best" way to go and I like the ideas being thrown around right now.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 17th, 2019, 12:11 AM

Tha's partially what I'm intending to do in this phase of his development - try and collate those cents into a vision of what he can be.

Let's try:

SHERIFF'S POSSE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and taking a turn with Clayton Pierce, you may choose up to X other Unique Lawman Heroes you control. Move each chosen Lawman up to 5 spaces. Each Lawman must be able to end their move within 5 clear sight spaces of Clayton.

SHOOTOUT
After revealing an Order Marker on Clayton Pierce or a Unique Lawman Hero and taking that Lawman's turn, if the Lawman attacked an opponent's figure during its turn, you may take a turn with every other Lawman that has an Order Marker on its card. During these turns they can only attack. Clayton may be one of the Lawmen taking a turn using Shootout.
Old April 17th, 2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Unless there's a strong gameplay reason for the number of the order marker, go this direction.
Also, the reason for the “number of the order marker” mechanic was an attempt to differentiate him from other “leader” figures, which was a desired goal both for us and SoV.
Making the number of figures more complicated does not make it different.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards