Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old August 3rd, 2013, 04:56 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: Militia Painting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Pretty cool. I did pretty much the same thing when I used that figure for my Samuel Brown, except I cut off the bayonet.

I can't tell if it's the flash or the lighting but your figures look like they have a gloss on them. If that's true I find they look so much better if you seal/varnish them with a dulling spray. It evens out the colors and makes the figure look so much better. Plus it seals them. I use Testor dulling spray. There are other matt varnish sprays but pretty much everyone that I know that paints figures swear by that brand.

Now come on over to my house. I'm in the middle of painting 125 Federal and Confederate American Civil War figures. I could use the help!
Wow, sadly it would take me a day to even get into NY. I use Citadel paint, wash, and sealant for all of my repaints because they are at a decent price for good quality. For your comment about the glossy effect it is most likely the camera, I do need a better camera for taking pictures of my repaints because a cell phone won't last forever.
~NS
Old August 3rd, 2013, 05:00 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Militia Painting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Pretty cool. I did pretty much the same thing when I used that figure for my Samuel Brown, except I cut off the bayonet.

I can't tell if it's the flash or the lighting but your figures look like they have a gloss on them. If that's true I find they look so much better if you seal/varnish them with a dulling spray. It evens out the colors and makes the figure look so much better. Plus it seals them. I use Testor dulling spray. There are other matt varnish sprays but pretty much everyone that I know that paints figures swear by that brand.

Now come on over to my house. I'm in the middle of painting 125 Federal and Confederate American Civil War figures. I could use the help!
Wow, sadly it would take me a day to even get into NY. I use Citadel paint, wash, and sealant for all of my repaints because they are at a decent price for good quality. For your comment about the glossy effect it is most likely the camera, I do need a better camera for taking pictures of my repaints because a cell phone won't last forever.
~NS
I sort of thought the highlight was from the camera, but I wasn't sure. I use the Army Painter dip method of shading when I paint large numbers of figures, which dries to a high gloss. You absolutely have to use a dulling spray on the figures after you are finished. Not a fan of Citadel. Personally I prefer Reaper, Model Master or Polly paints. Just learned that Polly Paints have been discontinued though. That's a shame, they are good paints.

Can't wait to see what you come up with next!
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:00 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re. Militia Painting

Hello All. Ninja Status here with another HS repaint, this time I bring you a Sentinel of Jandar the other 2 will be finished of course but I wanted you all to see this one first. Please enjoy and leave any comments below.
Sentinel of Jandar.
Spoiler Alert!

~NS
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Sentinel Painting.

Niiiccce....
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:45 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My jaw dropped at that one!

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, he looks great.
Old August 7th, 2013, 09:01 PM
...Something unique

Thanks for the friendly comments everyone. I am planning on having the other two up by late Thursday or Friday. Does anyone have any ideas on what I should paint next? Ideas are welcome.
~NS

Last edited by Ninja Status; August 7th, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old August 8th, 2013, 11:13 PM
...Something unique

I finished them early so here are the rest of the Sentinels:
Sentinels of Jandar
Spoiler Alert!

~NS
Old August 8th, 2013, 11:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm just noticing that one is wearing a kilt while another one is wearing pants. When the one wearing a kilt flies over your head watch out.
Old August 9th, 2013, 12:15 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm just noticing that one is wearing a kilt while another one is wearing pants. When the one wearing a kilt flies over your head watch out.
You're worried about this while the Minions of Utgar are dive-bombing the enemy wearing nothing but loincloths? Dude, priorities.

Nice job man, can't wait for what comes next.
Old August 9th, 2013, 12:20 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Nice job. I really like how you enhanced their ski tones and clothes...but I can't say I like the wings. They do not look like Jandar's wings anymore and IMO separate them from Jardar's distinctive look.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 9th, 2013, 02:49 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Nice job. I really like how you enhanced their ski tones and clothes...but I can't say I like the wings. They do not look like Jandar's wings anymore and IMO separate them from Jardar's distinctive look.
I personally think that the wings appear more Jandarian; it's the green pants/kilt that seem/s a tad out of place.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions