Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old June 27th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Sports: NFL

I love football. Here's my picks:

AFC East
Patriots-My favorite team. They're the best in the league, other then maybe the Cowboys. They got robbed last year, but they're going to win this year.

AFC South
Colts-I hate them, but they're good. The division is pretty weak, so it will be pretty easy for them.

AFC North
Bengals-It's Chad's year! (and all the other teams suck, so they actually have a chance)

AFC West
Chiefs-This is easily the strongest division in the AFC. The Chargers are good, but the Chiefs will edge them out. Barely.

Wilcards
Chargers and Broncos-Both are teams are good, and will both make it despite being in the same division. The Jags could make it too.

NFC East
Cowboys-I hate them, but they're stacked this year. It will be hard for them to lose.

NFC South
Panthers-I guess I'm biassed a bit, but they'll win. They look very good on paper this year, I'll just have to see if they can produce.

NFC North
Vikings-They're in a very weak division and are very good. They win easily.

NFC West
Cardinals-This team has improved a lot this offseason. I beleive they'll egde out the Seahawks.

Wildcards
Seahawks and Redskins-The Seahawks always do good, and the Redskins are excellent. They'll easily secure the wildcards.

Old June 27th, 2008, 11:32 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit94 View Post
AFC South
Colts-I hate them, but they're good. The division is pretty weak, so it will be pretty easy for them.
They had the best division in football last year. Their worst team went 8-8.
Quote:
AFC North
Bengals-It's Chad's year! (and all the other teams suck, so they actually have a chance)
Chad may not even play. What about the Steelers and the Browns?
Quote:
AFC West
Chiefs-This is easily the strongest division in the AFC. The Chargers are good, but the Chiefs will edge them out. Barely.
Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders? Not the best in the AFC.

But hey, we all have our opinions.
Old June 27th, 2008, 11:32 AM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Wildcards
Seahawks and Redskins-The Seahawks always do good, and the Redskins are excellent. They'll easily secure the wildcards.
Finally! Someone other than me that think the Redskins have a shot at the playoffs and aren't complete garbage! Thankyou!

Old June 27th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Taking Suggestions...

Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby! Ty the Awasome rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062 View Post
Quote:
Wildcards
Finally! Someone other than me that think the Redskins have a shot at the playoffs and aren't complete garbage! Thankyou!
I don't think the Redskins are just going to sit by idly this year, but I am expecting their new coach to screw up soon.

Anyway, J-Unit, how can you think the AFC South sucks? The Texans are inproving every year, the Colts (argh) are going to be the Colts, the Titans have improved slightly over the offseason, and if they play well, the Jags could be real contenders this year.

As for the Pack, Rodgers' is the only question this year. Our recievers are excellant, Ryan Grant is much better now, and the O-line is great. The defense is anchored by the likes of Al Harris, Charles Woodson, AJ Hawk, Aaron Kampman, KGB, Nick Barnett, and you can't forget the breakout star last year, Atari Bigby. Plus, if rodgers doesn't work out, we stole the 2nd best QB in the draft, Brian Brohm. If you ask me, Brohm is going tobe our future QB, and the Packers still have a good shot at the playoffs.

End rant.

Ty the Awasome is the S.A.S. Commando, Maj. Thompson
...in the LIBRARY...
Old June 27th, 2008, 12:09 PM

CaptainCanuck is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
I am also a huge Dolphins fan but dont think we will be good again for a few more years.....but I will still watch every game this season for Jason Taylor....

...and the other 43 bodies on the field

I only hope JT isn't playing in Greenbay. What your not a massive John Beck fan
Old June 27th, 2008, 12:14 PM

GForce3062 has disabled reputation

http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessi...o&confirm=true
Here's a little quiz I found on nfl.com about the 07-08 season. Have fun!

BTW, I got 9 wrong.

Old June 27th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Quote:
AFC South
They had the best division in football last year. Their worst team went 8-8.
Quote:
AFC North
Chad may not even play. What about the Steelers and the Browns?
Quote:
AFC West
Chiefs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders? Not the best in the AFC.

But hey, we all have our opinions.
Other then the Colts, they are weak. The Titans haven't improved at all and are going to do terrible. The Texans are one of those average teams. Sure, they aren't going to do terrible, but they're not going to surprise anyone either. The Jags I considered, but I'm just not feeling them. They'll have a shot at the wildcard, but that's it.

I picked the Bengals because they're division is very messed up. Not bad, just messed. The Steelers have had the biggest dropout of any team I've ever seen. They went from Superbowl Champs to having a losing record in 1 year. They're not terrible, but they're going to keep getting worse. The Browns are on the rise. They are a good team that will keep getting better. I just don't think it's their year. They'll probably make the playoffs next year, but probably not this year. The Ravens are messed up. Excellent defense, terrible offense. I can't see them contending. That just leaves the Bengals, who I feel will have a good year.

The Chargers are also dropping, but are still good. The Chiefs will do great this year. The Broncos are dropping too, but have 1 good year left. The Raiders are improving a lot, and soon will be a contender, although not this year.

Old September 8th, 2008, 12:53 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Well, they play the Panthers week 1, so that's 0-1 for them, and it's just gonna be all downhill from there!
Hate to say I told ya so...
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:16 PM

Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby! Jandarforever rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty the Awasome View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GForce3062 View Post
Quote:
Wildcards
I don't think the Redskins are just going to sit by idly this year, but I am expecting their new coach to screw up soon.

Anyway, J-Unit, how can you think the AFC South sucks? The Texans are inproving every year, the Colts (argh) are going to be the Colts, the Titans have improved slightly over the offseason, and if they play well, the Jags could be real contenders this year.

As for the Pack, Rodgers' is the only question this year. Our recievers are excellant, Ryan Grant is much better now, and the O-line is great. The defense is anchored by the likes of Al Harris, Charles Woodson, AJ Hawk, Aaron Kampman, KGB, Nick Barnett, and you can't forget the breakout star last year, Atari Bigby. Plus, if rodgers doesn't work out, we stole the 2nd best QB in the draft, Brian Brohm. If you ask me, Brohm is going tobe our future QB, and the Packers still have a good shot at the playoffs.

End rant.
At least someone here likes the Packers! Go Pack go! I was just shocked when Favre left the Packers. When someone thought of the Packers, they thought of Favre, and vice versa. Now that he's gone, I'm not looking too forward to this season. Things sound like they could be decent if Brian Brohm is as good as you say but let's face it, this team will never be the same. Regardless though, the Packers will forever be my favorite team in the world! If they don't make it, I guess I go for a team that just deserves to win. It didn't really matter to me who won the Super Bowl last year but without someone to root for, watching the game would be lame. I was going for the Giants. What a team! Yes they did kick us out of the playoffs but they got to the Super Bowl through hard work and sheer determination. Teams I can't stand are the Cowboys, the Bears, and my all time worst.....the Vikings. (I can kind of put up with the Patriots but not really).

It's not whether you win or lose. It's having the 4th Massachusetts Line that counts!
I see nothing, I hear nothing, and I know NOTHING!--Sgt. Shultz, Hogan's Heroes
My custom terrain
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:19 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Well, they play the Panthers week 1, so that's 0-1 for them, and it's just gonna be all downhill from there!
Hate to say I told ya so...
That finish was freaking awesome! Only thing better than the home crowd exploding in unison is the utter silence that came after that catch.

Great moment... for Panther fans that is.

Looks like my Pats are in some serious trouble, good thing I'm not a rabid fan... I wring out all my blood, sweat, and tears for the Red Sox.

-insert signature here-
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm glad everyone is picking Eagles or Cowboys for the NFC East. It just means we will be sucessful again this year.

GO BIG BLUE!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old September 8th, 2008, 09:12 PM

heroscaper314 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
NFC North
Vikings - Bears are a mess. Packers lost Favre. Lions are the Lions. Well, there's only one left!
Yeah, that's why they owned the Colts.

You're right though, the Vikings will when it easily...I think the Bears have a very outside shot at one of the wildcard spots though...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV