Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old October 1st, 2019, 02:08 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 9/30/19: Undead Samurai]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
It seems like a lot of fun, but are you not concerned about the scaling for this? The Seishin are designed to work with the Tagawa Samurai Archers, so theoretically this could be all kinds of wonky outside of the 500 point format. The fact that each Seishin is so slow and expensive combats this (making a pseudo 4-person squad with 3 attack of them costs 100 points on its own, ignoring that each can only be placed with deaths), but I'm a little concerned about how potentially doubling the effective life of the Samurai squads if the Seishin keep coming back will affect higher point total games.
At 25pts each? Not at all. If someone wants to dump 200pts into Seishin, and the opponents are dumb enough not to kill any of them off while they're standing around, they deserve what they get. Which is probably not much, considering the low Move and moderate Attack.
Old October 1st, 2019, 03:10 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
At 25pts each? Not at all. If someone wants to dump 200pts into Seishin, and the opponents are dumb enough not to kill any of them off while they're standing around, they deserve what they get. Which is probably not much, considering the low Move and moderate Attack.
That's a fair point. It's tough to imagine that most players will let them build up to that extent in the first place, and unless the player drops a significant portion of their army into the Seishin, they can be neutralized after a single poor placement to stop the revival cycle.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that I'll proceed with this version replacing Fading Curse:
Quote:
WAVE OF FEAR
Instead of taking a turn normally with a Seishin Samurai, you may take a turn with all Seishin Samurai that you control.
I'd like for them to still work with Kato to give him more validity in those higher point games, so I'd prefer to avoid requiring an Order Marker on the card if possible. I would say just move and attack with all of them after taking a turn with one, although that runs into attacking outside of the turn problems, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Yeah, maybe with a more Samurai-ey name. That would be fun, and make the enemy have to really think about how many Izumi he destroys in a turn. Couple with a price drop (I'd say 20).
Wave of Fear is a placeholder name that I found after some brief research (it refers to the anxiety that warriors felt before battle from my understanding, but it felt like a fitting descriptor for a bunch of undead Samurai attacking nonetheless). @BiggaBullfrog is generally a lot better at naming Samurai elements than I am.

I'm fond of the 25 point price. It pairs nicely with the 65 points of the Tagawa Samurai Archers, and can be used at 25, 50, or 75 points to provide a lot more flexibility for building to various point totals. I'll drop it to 20 if they're testing pretty weakly, but I'm hesitant to make them too cheap still because of those 1000 point games.
Old October 1st, 2019, 07:30 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Yeah, I honestly think this will work out a lot better. I do think you should keep the "remove all these lads" gimmick in mind - it's a fun one and you can use it elsewhere.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 12:44 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Yeah, I honestly think this will work out a lot better. I do think you should keep the "remove all these lads" gimmick in mind - it's a fun one and you can use it elsewhere.
Yeah, I think that this will actually encourage a mostly similar playstyle because it encourages the other player to destroy them earlier as their offensive power potentially grows, but it does it through an active threat rather than a timer. I'm not sure if it'll be enough to warrant taking 4+ of them realistically, but the growing threat should be a fun change.
Old November 4th, 2019, 01:34 AM

Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 11/4/19: Seishin Samurai]

SEISHIN SAMURAI
Undead Samurai Horde

Last Light - Fighters from Fallen Fields (3/3)
Playtesting Results

The figure used is Skeletal Samurai from the Pathfinder Ruins of Lastwall set. Seishin Samurai are single-spaced figures.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • HATAMOTO TARO : HEROIC DEFENSE AURA
    As Samurai, Seishin Samurai may benefit from Hatamoto Taro’s HEROIC DEFENSE AURA.

• KATO KATSURO : KATO KATSURO'S COMMAND
    As Samurai Heroes, Seishin Samurai may benefit from Kato Katsuro's KATO KATSURO'S COMMAND activation synergy.

• TOMOE GOZEN : DEFENSIVE FORMATION
    As Samurai Heroes, Seishin Samurai may boost their own defense as well as Tomoe Gozen's when they are adjacent to Tomoe Gozen.
Synergy Benefits OfferedAs always, any comments or feedback are appreciated. This is a design that I'm planning to submit to SoV within the next couple of days while the availability is still passable.

Last edited by Astroking112; December 5th, 2020 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Updated wave to A3: Fighters from Fallen Fields.
Old November 4th, 2019, 03:17 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I like this direction. Very good.
Old November 4th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Is the above different from what you had in the Pre-Sov thread? It seems the same...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 4th, 2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Is the above different from what you had in the Pre-Sov thread? It seems the same...
It's the same save for a bump up to 30 points after more testing. I like to keep records of my customs for synergy links in this thread, so I wanted to create a post in this style before submitting it to SoV either today or tomorrow.
Old November 4th, 2019, 04:08 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Gotcha...well it looks pretty great. Love the undead mechanic of replacing the TSA's with these guys. I can definitely see the fun-factor.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old November 4th, 2019, 04:48 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

They move and attack like a huge squad, yeah?
Old November 4th, 2019, 05:19 PM

Quote:
I like this direction. Very good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Gotcha...well it looks pretty great. Love the undead mechanic of replacing the TSA's with these guys. I can definitely see the fun-factor.
Thanks for the kind words. I think that they're a ton of fun to play with the TSA and they really flesh out their playstyle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
They move and attack like a huge squad, yeah?
Correct. The fact that they're a Common Hero rather than a true squad is still important for army-building reasons (the ratio of Seishin to living Samurai is an important balance to strike) and some minor synergies like being excluded from Masha's Awakened Terror aura.
Old November 4th, 2019, 10:41 PM

SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness SuperSamyon wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Astro's Custom Units [Update 3/10/19: M.A.R.S.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
M.A.R.S.
Mass Artillery Response SoulBorg

Valkrill's Vengeance - Growth and Decay (3/4)

The figure used is a Mechwarrior Solaris VII figure from the Heavy Class Action set. M.A.R.S. is a single-spaced figure.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

CARD TEXT:
Spoiler Alert!

DESIGN NOTES:
Spoiler Alert!

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
  • EXECUTIONER 616 : REMOTE DETONATION
    M.A.R.S. can be exploded by Executioner 616.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • N/A
As always, any comments or feedback are appreciated.
Just picked up the box with this figure included. Would love to see you submit this one soon

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards