Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 29th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Ronin Sidekick Workshopping Thread

Yeah, some restrictions on bonding may be necessary further on down the line. I'm not going to worry about it too much yet, since this guy's probably not actually being LDed for at least a year, but I'll have an eye on those Magneto/Spidey and Creature/Spidey combos once we get close.

And yeah, LO, I'm with you on Outcast carrying the "Marvel criminal" theme. But I'd definitely prefer only including native Outcasts, not recruited ones, if there were a smooth way to do that. There is some thematic fun in heroic Mutants being led astray by Magneto and then winding up on the Thunderbolts, but I don't want to have to worry about every Mutant under the sun for balance reasons.

Charlatans would probably be the other Marvel (not quite uniquely Marvel, but mainly Marvel) criminal class, but there aren't really any Charlatans on Luke Cage's team (or at least, no Charlatans that Luke Cage actually wanted on the team). At the end of the Cage Thunderbolts run, Luke Cage does get forced by higher-ups (namely F.A.C.T.) to take on members of Norman Osborn's second Dark Avengers team as his new recruits. They would probably be Charlatans, for the most part.

F.A.C.T. also forces Crossbones onto the team earlier in the run. I was thinking it would be cool, once Luke Cage is done, to tackle the F.A.C.T. committee members as a Unique Squad that brought in extra nanite markers for Charlatans and Assassins, in exchange for pushing things in a more Suicide Squad like direction. That's far enough off in the future that I'm not concerning myself with it at the moment, though.
Old November 29th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, some restrictions on bonding may be necessary further on down the line. I'm not going to worry about it too much yet, since this guy's probably not actually being LDed for at least a year, but I'll have an eye on those Magneto/Spidey and Creature/Spidey combos once we get close.

And yeah, LO, I'm with you on Outcast carrying the "Marvel criminal" theme. But I'd definitely prefer only including native Outcasts, not recruited ones, if there were a smooth way to do that. There is some thematic fun in heroic Mutants being led astray by Magneto and then winding up on the Thunderbolts, but I don't want to have to worry about every Mutant under the sun for balance reasons.

Charlatans would probably be the other Marvel (not quite uniquely Marvel, but mainly Marvel) criminal class, but there aren't really any Charlatans on Luke Cage's team, for the most part. At the end of the Cage Thunderbolts run, Luke Cage does get forced by higher-ups (namely F.A.C.T.) to take on members of Norman Osborn's second Dark Avengers team as his new recruits. They would probably be Charlatans, for the most part.

F.A.C.T. also forces Crossbones onto the team earlier in the run. I was thinking it would be cool, once Luke Cage is done, to tackle the F.A.C.T. committee members as a Unique Squad that brought in extra nanite markers for Charlatans and Assassins, in exchange for pushing things in a more Suicide Squad like direction. That's far enough off in the future that I'm not concerning myself with it at the moment, though.
Sounding cool - I like that you have things planned out.

If you're desperate to include only natural Outcasts (not sure how necessary it is, honestly - if a Mutant isn't broken with Xavier, I'd be surprised to see this break them, and it does require a big, hefty investment in Luke Cage, plus Magneto, plus Mutant, plus, from what dok was saying, Spidey to really break it (a grand total of 1150 points, going with the present cost estimate for Luke and dok's suggestion of Cable), I doubt it'll be a big problem - a strong build, sure, but probably not a problem)), then you could potentially go for some slightly different, as yet unofficial (but then again everything's unofficial until it's put on an official card ) wording:

Thunderbolts Program

At the start of the game, choose up to 4 Unique Heroes you control with the class of Creature, Criminal, Outcast, or Thief printed on their cards. Place a gray Nanite Marker on this Army Card and on each of their Army Cards. If an opponent would take temporary or permanent control of a figure with one of your Nanite Markers on its card, you may instead remove one unrevealed Order Marker from this card.

~ Lazy Orang, surprised by the 'no Charlatans' comment - so I'm guessing Mach and Fixer, who you mentioned, would warrant other versions separate from the Charlatan versions being done for the original Thunderbolts?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 29th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, you could say something like that or "listed on their cards", but I think it's a bit messy to have Luke saying to use what's on the card and Magneto saying to ignore what's on the card, you know?
Old November 29th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Yeah, you could say something like that or "listed on their cards", but I think it's a bit messy to have Luke saying to use what's on the card and Magneto saying to ignore what's on the card, you know?
That's why I said 'printed' rather than 'listed' - I thought it was a tad clearer, since Magneto says:

For this game the chosen card's class is Outcast, regardless of what is listed on the card.

So, the way I'd read it, that overrides what's listed, but Outcast still isn't what's printed. I could be misinterpreting, though, and either way I'm kind of playing semantics to try to make it work.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 29th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Symbiotic

I think I'll probably end up just having to deal with having all the Mutants on board. I'm not sure the difference between printed and listed is something people would intuitively key in on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
~ Lazy Orang, surprised by the 'no Charlatans' comment - so I'm guessing Mach and Fixer, who you mentioned, would warrant other versions separate from the Charlatan versions being done for the original Thunderbolts?
Oh, definitely. A Crime Fighter MACH-IV is on my long-term agenda, as is a Criminal Fixer (who could ambiguously work as either pre-Charlatan era or post-Charlatan era Fixer, and be redeemable by Songbird so that you could use him as a Crime Fighter in a Luke Cage build).
Old December 1st, 2016, 09:29 PM
Symbiotic

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Amazing Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #034 / Satana Hellstrom.
NAME = SATANA HELLSTROM
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SORCERESS
PERSONALITY = SEDUCTIVE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 230?

SUCCUBUS HERITAGE
Satana Hellstrom has a species of Demon and a class of Creature in addition to what is listed on this card. When Satana destroys an adjacent figure that is not an Android or Construct, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.

RUTHLESS SEDUCTION 15
If an opponent's figure engaged with Satana targets any figure for an attack and Satana is not engaged with any other figures, you may roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 3 from your roll if that figure has the Valiant personality. If you roll 15 or higher, either inflict one unblockable wound on that figure or, if that figure is a Unique Hero, immediately end that figure's turn.

MAGICAL DEFENSE
When Satana is attacked by an opponent's figure that does not have the Magical Defense special power, the most wounds Satana can take for this attack is one.

FLYING

---------------

INNER DEMON UNLEASHED
Unique Spell
?? Points

After revealing an Order Marker on this figure's Army Card, you may immediately cast this spell. Until the next time you reveal a numbered Order Marker, this figure cannot use the Magical Defense special power and has a Range number of 1 instead of what is listed on its card, and if this figure is a Demon, it has an Attack number of 6 and a Defense number of 6 instead of what is listed on its card. Otherwise, it has an Attack number of 5 and a Defense number of 5 instead of what is listed on its card.

---------------

Bio - Satana Hellstrom is the half-succubus daughter of the hell lord Marduk Kurios and a mortal woman. Unlike her older brother, Daimon, who didn't find out about their heritage until he was an adult, Satana left Earth with her father when she was young, and spent much of her youth in Hell. Since growing up and returning to Earth, she has been a force for both good and evil, but more often the latter. When not hunting for victims solo, she's often sighted in the company of fellow monsters such as Werewolf by Night and the Living Mummy.

Wanting a magic-user on his team, Luke Cage recruited Satana into the Thunderbolts at Daimon's suggestion. Satana was initially reluctant to join and required some magical coercion from Doctor Strange, but she quickly warmed to the prospect when she discovered that Man-Thing was also part of the team.

---------------

Notes - Satana is one I'm thinking about running soon. I'm a bit torn on the need to dual-class her, but she really ought to synergize with Creatures, and I want her in Luke Cage's Thunderbolts if I can swing it. Otherwise, I'd probably have to slightly change up/streamline the approach to succubus powers and work some kind of special power for getting along with creatures in there.

Pheromone Distraction is a re-use from Spider-Woman. It's not quite perfect, name-wise, but it's close and I like it mechanically.

Last edited by Ronin; May 1st, 2017 at 09:15 PM.
Old December 1st, 2016, 09:40 PM
Hard as ice

I'll be honest, she's lacking a pop to get me interested right now. Life Drain, Pheromone Distraction, Magical Defence and average stats? I'm not digging it that much, I'm afraid.

The spell looks really interesting, though, and will work really nicely with her, making her more interesting to play.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 1st, 2016, 09:53 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'll be honest, she's lacking a pop to get me interested right now. Life Drain, Pheromone Distraction, Magical Defence and average stats? I'm not digging it that much, I'm afraid.

The spell looks really interesting, though, and will work really nicely with her, making her more interesting to play.
I want to keep her cost fairly low to encourage taking spells with her. I'm still brainstorming a bit, but I have some other Demon-centric spell ideas that I'll post with Daimon Hellstrom in a day or two. Also got at least one other unit in mind that's going to mesh well with Satana.

She should have more of a niche by the time I'm done here.
Old December 1st, 2016, 09:59 PM
Hard as ice

Fair enough - makes more sense now.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 1st, 2016, 10:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That spell seems like it would be better as a special power. Not sure how many other MD figures would give up MD for a small boost in stats and some already have 5/5 stats.
Old December 1st, 2016, 11:01 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

We have a power on a card you two will probably be playtesting in the very near future so I think it's safe to tell you about. It may be a better fit than pheromone distraction...YK and I are still hashing out some wording but here is the basics...

RUTHLESS SEDUCTION 15
If an opponent's figure is adjacent to ------ and she is not engaged to any other figures, you may roll the 20-sided die. Subtract 3 from your roll if that figure has the Valiant personality. If you roll 15 or higher, you may choose to have that figure receive one wound or have that figures turn immediately end.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 1st, 2016, 11:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
That spell seems like it would be better as a special power. Not sure how many other MD figures would give up MD for a small boost in stats and some already have 5/5 stats.
Yeah I thought it odd as well. Why not just a +1/+2 if you really want it a spell but you'd probably drive up its cost with some other MD demons. I know Nasti would like it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy