Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Notices

Old August 8th, 2006, 01:09 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz
3) If I understand you correctly, you make a mistake. The rotation is not around a particular tile but this is a rotation from the point of view. But I understand your difficulty to move correctly and I will add a special move mode which is always toward the center of the map.
I see. I'll have to play with this; unfortunately the computer I'm using it on at work isn't particularly fast, and I get some nasty response lag using the keyboard 3D movement keys (press the key, nothing visible happens, hold it down, slow movement, then *zoom* suddenly past where I wanted). My Athlon 64 3200+ at home is much more responsive.

Quote:
Really nice map. simple and nice.
I looked the pdf and I see that you don't use the 3D view. Do you know that on the first page (with title and author) you can insert automatically the 3D view ?
To do that, just create a 3D view, place camera where you want, select the 2D view and print. If a 3D view exist then the image is insert on the document. this is important to make a big 3D window because this is a screen capture and resolution will be better.
That I didn't know; I closed the 3D view before I printed it because it ate resources; the real-time update on the 3D view made changes to the 2D view really slow on this computer.

Quote:
Are you agree if I insert the map in the virtualscape web site ? (picture, pdf and hsc)
You'll want to generate a quality 3D view and remake the PDF file; I'll be doing that when I get home today. Other than that, go ahead.
Old August 8th, 2006, 02:22 PM

D-Dyzzle has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Dyzzle
YAY!

id like to note ive had the same probs that srmalloy listed above

thnx again for your work 5z
Can I know what is your configuration D-Dyzzle ? (to know if freeze is normal)
im not sure what you mean by configuration. but if your asking me if it freezes often then yes it does. but only while viewing the 3d view. i think its my computer though.

thanx again
Old August 8th, 2006, 04:27 PM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
im not sure what you mean by configuration. but if your asking me if it freezes often then yes it does. but only while viewing the 3d view. i think its my computer though.

thanx again
Sorry for my bad english.
I want to know what is your hardware (which chipset on your graphic card, processor, memory).

Thanks
Old August 8th, 2006, 04:38 PM

oh. ok. (note: your english is pretty good imo)

well im not entirly sure bout what hardware i have. its actually my sisters computer so ill ask her when she gets home from work tonight.
Old August 8th, 2006, 10:08 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
I thought I'd experiment a little, and edited copies of the tile textures for the water, ice, lava, and snow tiles -- the first three to make them more than just the flat-color plate, and the snow tile to enhance the contrast in the texture. The modified tiles look like this:

For those of you who want them, the zipfile with the new texture files is here. In the 'images' subdirectory of VirtualScape, save the existing snow, ice, lava, and water images to another directory (or rename them), then extract the zipfile into that directory.
Old August 8th, 2006, 10:12 PM

broken link for me
Old August 8th, 2006, 10:18 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
I haven't had any troubles with VS yet. It's a lot of fun to play around with.

Old August 8th, 2006, 10:24 PM

wait figured it out. take

]here

off the end of the link
Old August 8th, 2006, 11:49 PM

Quote:
broken link for me
Had an ']' instead of an '=' in the URL tag, broke it up. Fixed.
Old August 8th, 2006, 11:53 PM

cool.

btw awsome imaging
Old August 8th, 2006, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibberish_47
I've found a problem, but it appears to be outside of VirtualScape -- and looks to be why I didn't have the 3-D rendering on the cover. At work, writing a PDF file with PrimoPDF garbages the 3D image, but PDFCreator makes it just fine. Unfortunately, that computer has a sucky graphics card; no shadows. At home, my laptop (Athlon 64 3200+) renders everything beautifully (Nvidia 7800GTX card), but neither PrimoPDF nor PDFCreator show the 3D view in the output. And I know that it's the exact same VirtualScape code on both machines -- it's actually the same code on both machines, since I'm running it from a 4Gb thumbdrive. Has to be something weird with the PDF creators.
Old August 9th, 2006, 02:01 AM

Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Zzzzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by srmalloy
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibberish_47
I've found a problem, but it appears to be outside of VirtualScape -- and looks to be why I didn't have the 3-D rendering on the cover. At work, writing a PDF file with PrimoPDF garbages the 3D image, but PDFCreator makes it just fine. Unfortunately, that computer has a sucky graphics card; no shadows. At home, my laptop (Athlon 64 3200+) renders everything beautifully (Nvidia 7800GTX card), but neither PrimoPDF nor PDFCreator show the 3D view in the output. And I know that it's the exact same VirtualScape code on both machines -- it's actually the same code on both machines, since I'm running it from a 4Gb thumbdrive. Has to be something weird with the PDF creators.
To verify that this is a problem with pdf creator, just make a preview and verify that the 3D view appear on the first page. (I have found a bug if the 3d window is maximized so do not maximize the 3D window).
If the 3D view appear this is a problem with pdf creator, if 3D view doesn't appear, try with another default printer and if doesn't appear, this is a problem with virtualscape. I will test some pdf creator to verify.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software