Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards
Official Units and Spell Cards Discussion of official AotP units and spell cards

Notices

Old July 8th, 2016, 07:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
The Book of Necro-Alchemist

The Book of Necro-Alchemist
Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers Shadows over Innistrad

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • - TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - TBA

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - TBA
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Unit Strategy Review
  • - TBA

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 28th, 2016, 08:50 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of Necro-Alchemist

user Colorcrayons asked Hasbro for clarification on the 'It Works!' ability.

Quote:
Thank you for your patience while our Magic team reviewed your question.

I'm pleased to reply. As per the team, when using the "It Works" ability you can remove more than one charge counter from Necro-Alchemist at the start of its turn.

Read more: http://planeswalker-arena.boards.net...#ixzz4IdAnIEgI
Old August 28th, 2016, 09:54 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That is incredibly powerful.

With green buffs he can throw, what like 15 dice?
Also blue can steal buffs.

Blue/Green is already the best deck and now they have the heaviest hitter and he has range.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 28th, 2016, 10:14 AM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah.... I really question the responses even from some of the FAQ emails. I feel like we should compile all that list and see if we can get Ethan Fleischer or someone like that confirm/deny some of the responses.
As far as MTG would go this would only trigger once per turn, same reason you can't just flip Arlinn back and forth over and over on 1 turn.
Old August 28th, 2016, 10:38 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great point.

I really like this game but the frustration from poorly written powers is taking a toll.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 28th, 2016, 01:51 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Wow yeah I think this SHOULD be limited to one. He could easily one shot a planes walker after a few turns otherwise.
Old August 28th, 2016, 02:15 PM

Sheesh.

All Hasbro has to do is approach us here at Heroscapers and they would surely get free playtesting that would result in a vastly better product.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 28th, 2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Sheesh.

All Hasbro has to do is approach us here at Heroscapers and they would surely get free playtesting that would result in a vastly better product.
I know I'd be more than happy to!
Old August 28th, 2016, 03:07 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

I think what they wanted to say was:

"At the start of the Necro-Alchemist's turn, you may remove any amount of charge counters from Necro-Alchemist. If you do, Necro-Alchemist gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each counter removed this way."

I think they thought that players could understand that It Works! would trigger for each counter on the Alchemist, at the start of his turn.

Or perhaps we're missing the point, and they meant something like:

"At the start of the Necro-Alchemist's turn, you may remove any amount of charge counters from Necro-Alchemist. If you do, Necro-Alchemist gets +2/+0 until end of turn."

This admittedly doesn't sound as clean, but means that regardless of how many counters are removed, he can only get +2/+0 with this power. This means he can go up to 5 dice without height or other buffs.

I still like either of these better than what's actually on the card.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old August 28th, 2016, 04:48 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajoq View Post
Yeah.... I really question the responses even from some of the FAQ emails. I feel like we should compile all that list and see if we can get Ethan Fleischer or someone like that confirm/deny some of the responses.
Since the veracity of my correspondence seems to be in question, here you go:

You can also search answered questions on the Hasbro customer service portion of their site. Huge database if all answers that they have given, for any game.
Old August 28th, 2016, 04:55 PM

I do not think anyone was questioning if your response was legit.
I think the question is in the authority of whom may have given the reply.
I am reluctant to call the ruling broken without trying it first but what scares me is how powerful Blue is and in particular Blue/Green.

I would have had no problem if they made Black stronger.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 28th, 2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I do not think anyone was questioning if your response was legit.
I think the question is in the authority of whom may have given the reply.
I am reluctant to call the ruling broken without trying it first but what scares me is how powerful Blue is and in particular Blue/Green.

I would have had no problem if they made Black stronger.
What he said @Colorcrayons , was not questioning your correspondence. Was merely saying I question the consistency/validity of some of these rulings.

For instance, there have been cases with X-wing where users have gotten email replies about the way two cards interact that become 'the rule' competitively, and then a few months later an FAQ will come out that contradicts the ruling everyone had been using as a guideline.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > Official Units and Spell Cards