Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old November 4th, 2006, 09:44 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
If you want, you guys could leave a few big gaps and allow me and my playgroup to determine where snow and castles go. Sound fair?
Old November 5th, 2006, 08:38 AM

cavie Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
If you want, you guys could leave a few big gaps and allow me and my playgroup to determine where snow and castles go. Sound fair?
I'll try this - I have cartographed some maps with tundra on LS by using starting dots. When Logrey is finished with LS 4.0 I can just look off those to figure out where ice and snow go so I can do that much for you. Castles will have to be done as you mentioned. I'll start trying to put something together right now.
Old November 5th, 2006, 10:48 AM
has been BANNED

Sounds good. I know you build some decent maps, cavie; i've seen the ones you built for PoF. I'm excited!
Old November 7th, 2006, 05:19 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
How many starting spaces do you think would be good for 1500 pt. armies?

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old November 7th, 2006, 07:22 PM
has been BANNED

hmmm...I'd have to guess by what my army will be, but i usually do not build my army without my opponents to go by. I will definately be using all 3 samurai, ninjas, and HT so that would be 13 figs, i'll prolly use Nilf, Jotun and theracus, so 6 more spaces. i'd say go with maybe 40-50. If that's too small me and my playgroup will com up with something. We'll either modify the zones slightly, or decrease the army size.

Thanks for your participation guys! I have already talked to one person who built his field and tried submitting it, but in the process VirtualSCAPE corrupted and such, so be warned of the possibilities!

Also, this contest may be closed and the re-opened at a later date, or just extended. I was assuming that we would have power in my garage by then, but i can never be too sure. I will keep you all updated. Keep the entries going though!
Old November 7th, 2006, 08:24 PM

cavie Woo who?
I've got one almost finished - you will have to improv on the castle section but I've laid it all out. I think I've also come up with a solution to the table space issue. Are you really going to have 8 players? If so, I think I can accomodate that too.
Old November 7th, 2006, 08:33 PM
has been BANNED

We may not have all 8, but i am not looking at any more than 8:

me
PoF
LordCharos (new member, few posts)
Ninjakiller (new member, 4th mass line in Coral Cave)
Pof's brother
Pof's brother's friend
Jon (not a member here)
Jordan (not a member here)

wow...half my playgroup has made it over here...

I can easily modify anything if need-be, so don't worry. Again, thanks for your participation!
Old November 8th, 2006, 06:33 PM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker
Well, I think that I have one complete. I didn't use all of the tile list though. It has 44 starting spaces for each of the 8 players. I am going to work on a couple of others before I submit anything since I have a little time left.
Old November 8th, 2006, 07:01 PM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
kool cant wait to see it

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old November 10th, 2006, 09:44 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
I have a question. It's been mentioned that VirtualScape doesn't print out into PDF format, and that's the only program I use. I like to see my creations in true 3D, not the poor quality 2D enhanced or whatever that LandScape does.

If we just created the map, could we send you the file? I don't want to go through the pain of using a progam that I don't like...and if it MUST be in PDF, therefore only in LS, then I won't submit anything. If you'll accept a VS file, then I'll give it a shot.

Please let me know soon, because designing a big map like this would take a few days...I wouldn't stamp my name on anything unless I thought it worthy.

Click to see more...
Old November 10th, 2006, 11:53 PM
has been BANNED

If you just send me the VS file, would i have to download VS to view it?

Not too sure about thins, but i believe nether would know the answer. Isn't there a way to set up the VS files to print off of a program like CutePDF or something?
Old November 10th, 2006, 11:56 PM

cavie Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
If you just send me the VS file, would i have to download VS to view it?

Not too sure about thins, but i believe nether would know the answer. Isn't there a way to set up the VS files to print off of a program like CutePDF or something?
I've never used VS since it's not mac friendly but I believe I've read here that people have used something like CutePDF to do this.

I do have my entry completed. I'll proof it again and send it this weekend unless you think I'm entering it too early and it's going to get set aside and forgotten. I can postpone and enter when everyone else does.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games