Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Closed Thread

Old December 6th, 2006, 01:14 PM

Stinkoid has disabled reputation
If you don't like shades and zombies...

I've read a couple posts by people who don't like the inclusion of zombies and shades in Heroscape. At least one person expressed being tempted to stop playing Heroscape because of the dark element such figures represent. Personally, I don't feel exposing an 8 year old to zombies or possession by shades/ghosts is appropriate, so I sent Hasbro customer support an email.

I encourage anyone who doesn't like such figures to contact Hasbro customer support. Let them know your concerns... perhaps they will listen.

With a vast array of historical, fantastical or yet unimagined possibilities for figures... I'd like to see the Heroscape world a bit more wholesome for myself and my 8 year old.

Stinkoid
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:16 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You are definitely entitled to not like the undead/darker aspects of the game but this is a game about war...pretty dark starting parameters if you ask me.

One thing you can do is to not introduce those aspects you find disturbing to the young ones until you deem it appropriate (if ever.) The game plays just fine without them. That's one of the strengths of this game is you don't have to purchase or use everything to make it fun.

Interesting thoughts and thanks for sharing your concerns.

Newb.
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:19 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation
You don't have to buy the expansions to play the game.

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:20 PM

HS ~ KNT is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
See, by including zombies/shades they made a lot of people happy. The game centers around diversity, and zombies add to that.

I'm indifferent about them, as I don't think I'll get any use out of them myself, I'm not a fan of zombies. But some people are. And some people don't like the fact that it isn't an all fanasy game and therefore involves the 4th Mass, and other historical figures.

It's all about tolerance, and knowing when to buy something, and when not to. =^-^=

I hope that all made sense...

~Neko: Leaving, sadly. I hope to see you all around. =^-^=

Making Custom Fixes for Heroscape Once more, I will say my camera hates me.
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:21 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
I'll bet you don't let your kid enjoy Halloween or Harry Potter either, do you?

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Hotdoghead-Molesterface

kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby! kenjib rolls all skulls baby!
Hi Stinkoid. What exactly do you mean by "dark element?" Is this referring to a religious objection or just a "too scary" kind of thing?
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:24 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
THERE TOYS! and your complaining about something you don't even have yet!

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:28 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by hex706f726368
hex706f726368 that was exactly my first thought... however that doesn't keep your opponent from buying them. I'm still trying to figure out how to handle the hord against my little defenseless Orcs

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:29 PM

countblah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
THERE TOYS!
Where toys? Oh, there toys!

Waiting for my old avatar to dry off. And to quit stinking, too.

Old December 6th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: If you don't like shades and zombies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkoid
I've read a couple posts by people who don't like the inclusion of zombies and shades in Heroscape. At least one person expressed being tempted to stop playing Heroscape because of the dark element such figures represent. Personally, I don't feel exposing an 8 year old to zombies or possession by shades/ghosts is appropriate, so I sent Hasbro customer support an email.

I encourage anyone who doesn't like such figures to contact Hasbro customer support. Let them know your concerns... perhaps they will listen.

With a vast array of historical, fantastical or yet unimagined possibilities for figures... I'd like to see the Heroscape world a bit more wholesome for myself and my 8 year old.

Stinkoid
Out of curiousity did you send a complaint when Sudema came out as well?

Old December 6th, 2006, 01:52 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by hex706f726368
I have no children, and no frame of reference, but this solution seems to be the easiest. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I fail to see how ghosts and zombies are any worse than man-eating dinosaurs and killing machine robots that have one purpose, kill.
Old December 6th, 2006, 01:54 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
For those who don't recall, Stinkoid, is the guy from Austin, TX who took great pleasure in fighting w/DMG over gay rights on the HQ.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion