Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 18th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
I personally love seeing stingers across the table from me. I think they're by far the most overrated unit in Spider's rankings and pretty easy to deal with.
I'm just afraid that many will see Stingers as the "safe" option left among the top units and we'll see more and more of them.
I think you're right to call them more a safe choice than a great one. But I don't think Wave 9 will encourage the more "fun" figures and armies out there.

There's no reason to get excited about bringing melee. Why voluntarily walk right into all the range-1 powers of the MRT and Repulsors? Why chase after backpedaling Protectors?

There's to reason to get excited about bringing big heroes who tromp in and roll buckets of dice. You're hitting into One Shield Defense. You've got Witherwood to worry about, plus the blades of Spartacus, Migol, and Crixus hacking at you, plus the Dwarves pounding you with four dice if you're too big to suit them.

It really seems to me like common range is indeed the safe choice.
Old June 18th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: Heroscape Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post

There's no reason to get excited about bringing melee.
Yes there is....Knights!!

Actually as of right now my gencon championship army is all melee (at least day one).

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion