Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 1st, 2022, 09:08 PM

Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker Relenzo2 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mee likey View Post
I don't know much, but I do know this. Besides those of us who are reading this thread right now...
-- The largest untapped audience for this Heroscape revival is NOT "Hasbro fanboy figure collectors" (apologies to those of you who also fit in that category)
--The largest untapped audience IS board gamers, particularly those who tend to back Kickstarters for games with lots of minis.
I think the broad outline of your take--that the campaign has to henceforth reach the Kickstarter big-game crowd if it's going to fund--is broadly correct.

$250 does murder to the "get it for my kids" crowd, but is not a dealbreaker for that demographic. And here, actually, the scope of the product might work in its favor. Because even if you don't have any HS already, AoA is a respectable little Heroscape collection all on its own. It has the most important elements of terrain, and enough figures, that you could set up a lot of great games just with this. Which, I assume, is part of what factored into it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion