Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old March 10th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
The Nasty Little Skirmish
March 10, 2007

No pictures for this one; it was aborted early.

We finally got Heroes of Lindesfarme and KidScaper fielded his first Five Dragon Army. If you count Ne Gok Sa as a dragon (edit - Su Bak Na, thanks Menchy, @#$!ing Marro and their Dr. Seuss names), there are five.

Anyway Braxas was maneuvering against a couple of squads of mine on one side of the field, and Nilfheim with height encountered Jotun on the other side.

Nilfheim put a wound marker on Jotun.

Jotun responded with five skulls to Nilf's zero shields.

Ouch!

We're going to start over. I won't field Jotun again for awhile.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 11th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Meesa sooo smilen to see'en yousa

Menchy is surprisingly tart
Why would we consider Ne-Gok-Sa a dragon?

Perhaps you mean Su-Bak-Na?

"Somewhere over the rainbow, there's another rainbow." ~Tobias Funke, Arrested Development
Old March 12th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menchy
Why would we consider Ne-Gok-Sa a dragon?

Perhaps you mean Su-Bak-Na?
Darn it!! Not again!! #@$!ing Marro.

I just hope the SotM Marro have names like "Fred."

= =
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

A Day Without Dragons

While we waited anxiously for Mr. Amazon to send us Nilfheim & Braxas, I persuaded KidScaper to set up a low point skirmish with me, and not to use Charos.

Me:
4th Mass. x2
Finn
Tarn Vikings

Him:
Wolves x2
Krug
DeathStalkers
Khosumet
Dumutef Guard

At the time I thought I was giving a lot up, in terms of points. In retrospect I’m not so sure. . . Perhaps I am not the Daddy of the Year after all, and I will have to return the trophy to HEH.

Anyway this was the setup, again on Ch1can0's excellent Road to Death Valley map. In all our time playing ‘Scape we haven’t had *any* maps up nearly this long, though I think tomorrow night I will take it down.

I put all my order markers on the riflemen to get to high ground, gambling he wouldn’t beat me there. He advanced with Krug and 1x wolves on his right, the Deathstalkers on his left.

Rather then rushing with a pile of order markers on a single card as he sometimes does, he chose the more prudent, use-obstacles-and-terrain-to-hide-from-range strategy. Sound thinking on his part, but the Massachusetts 4th were bored to tears. Here you can see the two in the back exchanging colorful jokes about the flatulence of the soldier in front of them.

Yup, the long way around. Climbing up the mountainside to avoid the road altogether.

“Dude, I think I see something.”

On the other side of the map, the 4th has the mountaintop, and waits nervously for the DeathStalkers.

“Sarge, you said fire when I see the whites of their eyes, right? ‘Cuz he’s pretty close, and I still don’t see it!”

“Ok, I’m a little closer now, and I *do* see the whites of his teeth. Fire now?”

The evening ends with his fellows taking revenge

and Krug looking down the wrong side of the cliff. “Hey, I think I heard something over there. Yes, over there. Why don’t these wolves take me seriously?”

The next night we haven’t had time to play and I suspect the new figures are coming the next day. So I wrap this one up myself, removing Khosumet and the Dumutef Guard from play. So, to recap:

Things begin wrapping up quickly as Finn and a viking take down the last Stalker. This is one of my favorite photos.

Meanwhile Krug and the wolves try to hide behind the ruin. Maybe if it was the *big* ruin, guys.

Krug takes damage. Lots of damage.

But he’s served as an effective distraction. The wolves come pouring out from behind the other end of the ruin, and Krug does manage to dispose of a viking or two. Here are a few pictures of the same scene.

Note the little viking with the big spear, trying to get Krug’s attention.

Krug finally falls, to Finn, who (curse him!) has survived as the vikings all perish, without the benefit of his warrior spirit. The 4th has its hands full with this squad of wolves, or perhaps this squad of wolves has its hands full of the 4th.

In a photograph very much like the one above, but I think even better because of the lighting, we see Finn dispatch another wolf.

The surviving wolves dispose of Finn and begin the approach to the remaining 3 of the Fighting 4th. Unfortunately just as they reach the slope of the mountain one of them spontaneously combusts.

3 Massachusetts 4th with height against 3 wolves, the outcome is not in doubt.

Here, in another one of my favorite pictures, perhaps my 2d favorite from all my battle photos, we see Cpl. Peterson humanely look away as he kills the lycanthropic beast.

What a hero.

= =
Old March 29th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

So, how 'bout those pictures?

= =
Old March 29th, 2007, 12:06 PM

monte_kev Woo who?
personally I think gaming with your kid is an awsome thing to do. I think you can bring up some issues that I see in a younger genereation of gamers such as good sportsmanship. not to mention just the quality time spent....

very cool guys keep it up.
Old March 29th, 2007, 12:11 PM

monte_kev Woo who?
personally I think gaming with your kid is an awsome thing to do. I think you can bring up some issues that I see in a younger genereation of gamers such as good sportsmanship. not to mention just the quality time spent....

very cool guys keep it up.
Old March 29th, 2007, 02:24 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte_kev
good sportsmanship. not to mention just the quality time spent....
Funny you mention that. . .

When things get tense now, I repeat a new proverb I just invented myself a couple of weeks ago.

"Remember," I tell him, "win, lose or draw. This is what you say after the game. Repeat after me: 'My daddy' [he repeats] 'is the best daddy' [repeats again] 'in the entire world.' [repeats again]"

Now if that's not good sportsmanship on his part, I don't know what is. If he refuses to repeat, I send him to his room.

Thanks for the kind words, kev.

= =
Old April 9th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You are in the 5ive!

Old April 9th, 2007, 07:21 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper
Here, in another one of my favorite pictures, perhaps my 2d favorite from all my battle photos, we see Cpl. Peterson humanely look away as he kills the lycanthropic beast.

What a hero.
That made me . Hard.
Old April 16th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I just love this thread.

BTW, yagyuninja I'm back from New Orleans.

Old April 16th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Thanks for the kind words. I have (I think) one more battle in the camera, I'll post it when I can. KidScaper & I have been playing Settlers of Catan recently but I'm getting tired of losing so we will get back to HeroScape soon.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports