Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 19th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!
Re: GENCON 2019 Official Events

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
I'm running into an issue where Gencon's site won't let me purchase a ticket for Thursday night open play (8 pm) because my ticket for Thursday 4 pm 4x400 is overlapping with the time slot (it's listed at 4.5 hours, which would bring it through 8:30 pm, which is after open play starts).

Anyone else have that problem / ideas for a solution? I imagine I can just buy generic tickets, but I'd rather buy the official tickets to help show interest in the official events.

Edit: I see @Dragon Ruler is running into the same problem as me
Yeah - this is a technical issue because we allow time for final scoring and prizing out. We will accept generics for the 8pm events on Thursday. Sorry for the issue. We will have plenty of tables so don't worry about it selling out.
Yeah that’s on us. We were trying to maximize numbers and we missed this. We’ll make sure to fix it for next year. Like lonewolf said just buy generics, it’ll be fine.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 24th, 2019, 11:20 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

generics rule, don't be afraid to buy extras and give them to the HS table so it looks like more people are playing, ro it gets maxed out on all events, and again I am happy to be back in the football stadium, the extra walking will do me good, need to remember my dolly this year

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old May 24th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For the Wiseman tourney, if it is for old schoolers, it should be everyone brings a prize and we all roll off after the first 4 places in the tourney, like all our old tourneys where like, now that would be old school for sure.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old June 2nd, 2019, 12:31 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Jeter says I'm scaring everyone so I've removed it

GAME OVER Moon Pie!

Last edited by Hahnarama; June 3rd, 2019 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Jeter
Old June 3rd, 2019, 05:12 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

For Heat of the Battle Uniques, can you play multiple of a Uncommon?
Old June 3rd, 2019, 05:37 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
For Heat of the Battle Uniques, can you play multiple of a Uncommon?
The thought was no, but it doesn't really clarify that in the description. Uncommon uniques probably should have been clarified better.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old June 4th, 2019, 09:37 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

That was how I read "uncommon uniques" but wanted to check to be sure.
Old June 17th, 2019, 09:35 PM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Speaking to those complaining about 3 letter events......

We have sold 1 ticket to the C3G event on Friday at 10AM.

We have sold 3 tickets to the open play slot Thursday night.

Buy some tickets people if you want to see these types of events continue.

Conversely we have sold out all but 2 tickets to our 8 learn to play events.....94% sold.
Old June 17th, 2019, 09:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

C3G and C3V are not the same thing. Your experience selling one would not be your experience selling the other. C3V has always been designed for competitive play.

And, to the best of my knowledge, there is no actual *event* in open play for C3V planned by an actual person. Which TD has stepped up to do an Open Play event? Not I.

I've supported you guys not running a C3V event so far. Every year this comes up; every year (so far) I've taken your side. But I do think this is the last year that's appropriate, given the prevalence of those units in the competitive scene across the country. I think one event wouldn't be too many next year. Let's not pretend that open play at night is just as good as an actual tournament, sanctioned by you guys, during the day. At a certain point, it can be harmful to be resistant to change.

But that's not a conversation for this year. It's a conversation for next.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 17th, 2019, 09:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

But! You raise a good point. Let's see about recruiting someone to run such a tournament during Open Play. I'll get on it.

@wargamingaddict87 , what do you say? Do you want to try your hand running an event during Open Play?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 17th, 2019, 10:48 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Not really surprised by the one ticket. Only 5 people played last year.

A bunch of the learn to play are sold out which is awesome. That bodes well for the future hopefully.
Old June 17th, 2019, 11:53 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Timing

For me, it's a timing issue. Last year, C3G didn't conflict with anything else I was interested in playing. This year, it does so I'm not sure what I want to do and will probably decide at Gencon.

~Dysole, running her options

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con