Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old November 16th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Book of John Constantine

I like the fact that the blank power makes him really good against all these Magic, high and mighty ponces, but a solid punch from a normal person could clean his clock. Feels very thematically appropriate to me! Other than that, I do think that between it and Con Man, it's not particularly essential.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old November 18th, 2018, 02:48 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I guess the blank mechanic just feels superfluous to me. It’s stuck on the end of a power that’s already doing 2 things, on a card with a good amount of text already. I also don’t like that it makes him better at defending against magicians than a super-powerful magician like Dr Strange is. (John has the chance to only take 1 wound per attack, while Strange just has to take whatever is dished out.) Sure, John can often pull off a clever plan to keep himself safe, but I feel like that’s already covered in Con Man. I’d rather give Con Man a boost against Magical figures, if anything. I also just don’t think a blank mechanic is needed, per se.
Old November 18th, 2018, 12:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I kind of see both sides here.

If additional JLD soft synergy is desired here by giving him a Zatanna blank power connection, then adding a little touch at the end of Laughing Magician seems like the best place for it. It could be something else I suppose (like roll a combat die after casting a spell and if you roll a blank you don't discard it or something), but the idea that he gets a bonus when fighting other magic users is okay with me. For me there the idea is that other magic users underestimate his magical talents, and he surprises them with a magical defensive action they didn't expect. We could make his Con Man power not work vs. MD figures if the double layer of protection vs. MD figures is the problem.

However, I also don't think a blank power is really needed to shore up the JLD connection since his d20 power is already a fairly significant help and Zatanna's blank power first requires a successful 20 roll. I also like the idea of him being able to support a JLD without feeling like you must draft Zatanna with him every time.

The reason I'm running this in the public forum is so the public can have some input on where the design ends up, particularly those who are invested in building up the JLD army build options. So this seems like the perfect time for a poll. Anyone and everyone can participate, winner will be the direction we go in, I'll not vote unless a tie breaker is needed, poll will be left open for at least 48 hours.

POLL QUESTION #1: Do you want to see John Constantine with a blank related power?

A. Yes, let's tie him and Zatanna together even closer than what his d20 power does already.

B. No, the d20 power is enough of a soft JLD synergy connection for me here.

POLL QUESTION #2: If the results of Poll Question #1 results in a blank power on this card, are you content with the current one proposed as is or would you prefer we continue to brain storm for a different idea.

C. Yes, the blank rolled on defense giving him a boost vs. MD figures only is a nice light touch and thematically okay with me as is.

D. The blank on def. vs MD figures idea is okay with me as long as we change Con Man so that MD figures are not effected by both def. powers.

E. No, not feeling the blank power as is, what if we had him roll a blank for the following effect.........fill in the blank here when you cast this vote

Results Tally:

Q1: 3 A vs. 5 B
Q2: 6 C vs. 0 D vs. 0 E

Last edited by Yodaking; November 19th, 2018 at 02:18 AM.
Old November 18th, 2018, 01:03 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

A and C are my votes.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old November 18th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

B and C
Old November 18th, 2018, 01:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

B & C

Don't think it's needed but that version is fine.
Old November 18th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
B & C

Don't think it's needed but that version is fine.
Old November 18th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

A & C

What's up with claymation?
Old November 18th, 2018, 03:33 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My vote is B

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 18th, 2018, 04:20 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I don’t think the blank is necessary here. Teaming him with Zatanna I can be just as good as Zatanna II IMO. If it were better implemented into one of his powers I may feel differently, but as-is it just feels tacked on.
Old November 18th, 2018, 04:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
I don’t think the blank is necessary here. Teaming him with Zatanna I can be just as good as Zatanna II IMO. If it were better implemented into one of his powers I may feel differently, but as-is it just feels tacked on.

I'm going to mark that down as a B vote.
Old November 18th, 2018, 08:38 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like A & C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library