Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old May 10th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Fast Reply - Admins

Hey Admins
Thanks for making a new site, first
Now, are you able to include the "fast reply" function to this BB?
If not, fair enough, but if so - please do so!
I couldnt see a section for "website maintenance" type stuff... Maybe you could have one? (A general - "suggestions, modifications, complaints" type sub forum?)
Old May 10th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Fast Reply - Admins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euryon
Hey Admins
Thanks for making a new site, first
Now, are you able to include the "fast reply" function to this BB?
If not, fair enough, but if so - please do so!
I couldnt see a section for "website maintenance" type stuff... Maybe you could have one? (A general - "suggestions, modifications, complaints" type sub forum?)
I already proposed that to Truth. They (the admins) decided against it. I really like the quick reply, but don't think we will get it.

Plus I don't think he can do it with this template, IIRC.
Old May 10th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I could probably hack one in if it got an overwhelming push for it. But with the speed at which this forum preforms I don't see a need for an even quicker reply
Old May 10th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
I mean, if its a case of it being non-cost effective/illegal/an incredible amount of work, then thats cool...

But if its free/legal/not much work, I really think its a good thing.

If a fair, controlled study could be made, i reckon a topic with fast reply would get more replies (admittedly more spam too, maybe) than a non-fast reply enabled thread.

Considering our community wont ever get TOO big, spammers/trolls can be dealt with by an effective admin team.

I dont think there will be a push because most people dont know about it, or know that its available...

Ultimately, if it will cost, be illegal, or a lot of work (or not do-able) - I accept on principal.
But if its just "meh, we the admins decide not to"... Thats kinda like, I dunno, silly?

Just because the admins might not see the need, doesnt mean the users dont, and if myself and nether, both long time HQ members of sane mind and sound opinion, aswell as being commited community members, if we both see a need for it, then surely the proposal has some weight?
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:46 PM

Barfodor has disabled reputation
Actually, i too would prefer a quicker reply system. Of course, if the reason for not having one is like what Euryon said, then thats cool with me. But i think that it would be better cause then instead of clicking on "Post Reply" and then typing and then clicking on "Submit" every time can get very tedious. Just cliking on "Submit" would be better because then everything just goes by faster. However, one good thing i see about not having the quick reply system is that the post reply shows smilies whereas the quick reply doesnt. But then thats when you memorize the smilies. Hehe, not that i did it
Old May 10th, 2006, 05:12 PM
ultradoug

the idea what that somehow hitting the button makes you "think" about your posts more when posting.
All it does is make me flip to this page. I'm still not thinking about what I'm posting.
Old May 10th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
I believe it was usefel but unneeded. Mainly I think its more trouble then it's worth, kinda like paypal . a fast reply system is also an unlimted weapon for trolls.

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old May 11th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar
I believe it was usefel but unneeded. Mainly I think its more trouble then it's worth, kinda like paypal . a fast reply system is also an unlimted weapon for trolls.
If I may speak for all of my dial-up bretheren, I think the quick reply made the site feel faster because of not having to load an unnecessary page. It would be a nice touch, especially since I have a page or three loading in other tabs while reading one. Having to change pages to post makes me forget what I was going to say. Just my two Abe's.
Old May 11th, 2006, 06:47 AM

sigm0t has disabled reputation
Whoa! People still use dial up? Guess online gaming has me spoiled.
Old May 11th, 2006, 07:53 AM

MacG Woo who?
dialup = $120 a year with this account
fast stuff = $400 a year in my market

Answer = $280 to buy Heroscape product!
Old May 11th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG

My kind of thinking. I think in my market it's up around $600 a year for broadband.
Old May 11th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG

Dial-Up

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General