Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old June 25th, 2018, 10:20 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

That IS the pod we're looking for!
Old June 27th, 2018, 11:24 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
That IS the pod we're looking for!
Yes, yes it IS

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old June 27th, 2018, 11:36 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Looks great.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old June 27th, 2018, 11:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I managed to finish the Nomad Reverend Healer, the 7th and final Nomad model from the Infinity Icestorm starter set. Staying with the punk theme, she's got the light blue hair and lipstick. She is so small and detailed, challenging but fun to paint.

I still have the 3 Nomads from the Beyond Icestorm set, as well as the doc and engineer support pack to do for my Nomads, but I'll take a break from them for a little bit to work on more Star Wars Legion stuff. I'll have enough Nomads to play a couple learning games for the time being.

The Wild Bunch

The 7 Nomads from Operation Icestorm 2 player starter set for Infinity.

It takes longer for me to paint these Infinity models, as they are small in the sense of being more realistically proportioned and less chunky than many other minis. They have so may fine detail, that sometimes you don't see a slight edge or something until you paint over it, and then you see that you have an opportunity to incorporate that detail differently.

The 3 Alguaciles have the same uniforms and color schemes, other than skin and hair. But the Mobile Brigada, Spektr, Grenzer and Reverend Healer have different uniforms/armor and while I stuck with the red and black as the main consistent theme, there was also some white, grey and metallic thrown in here and there.

I had gotten some new terrain kits for my birthday, and had been messing around here and there over the past few nights, when not painting Rev Healer. I just started with some basic stuff that I could knock out quickly.

I started with a short walkway for the Comanche set from Warsenal. It was really easy and will be good for connecting different areas in that set. The rest of the stuff I worked on was from Impudent Mortal. It comes with stuff to make four 4x4 buildings, two 4x8 buildings and a couple L shaped buildings. They are pretty generic, like I wanted, so they will fit into several systems, like Infinity, Legion and The Drowned Earth.

I started with the ton of ladders that comes with the set, and then the 10 barricades/wall pieces. Tonight, I built one of the 4x4 buildings. Easy kit, though a little sanding of the MDF here and there was needed for proper fit, but nothing major.

Old June 28th, 2018, 07:45 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Dope.
Old June 30th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Dope.
Thanks!

Back to Legion stuff now and working on my squad of Rebel Fleet Troopers. These guys are really easy to paint after messing with Infinity models for awhile. I hope to have them done tomorrow or Monday. Will be interesting seeing them and their goofy helmets running around the board with regular rebel troops.

Old July 1st, 2018, 11:12 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What are the stone buildings with the dome roof?
Old July 1st, 2018, 11:41 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
What are the stone buildings with the dome roof?
They are supposed to be buildings on Tatooine for Star Wars. They are from Galeforce 9. The doorways are a little small for the 35mm Legion models, but then again, some people on the Star Wars Legion Facebook page showed that the buildings are mostly underground and that there was a walkway that was dug out leading down to the door. Some people freak out about not perfect scale, but I don't. These could also work for Infinity, which are 28mm and more realistic thickness as opposed to a lot of systems that have chunkier models.

Old July 1st, 2018, 12:20 PM

Cool. I like them.
Old July 1st, 2018, 01:29 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I like those ladders and bridges. I like how you encorporated the ruins in.

Old July 3rd, 2018, 07:11 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Cool. I like them.
And the best part, is that they were pre-painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I like those ladders and bridges. I like how you encorporated the ruins in.
Thanks! I have a lot more of those ruins and good sized ones that I had used for Frostgrave. But for this setup, I had kind of wanted to keep it simple and have a better chance of blending in with the other buildings, rather than be some big ruined castle. Then again, at some point I may do the bigger setup. I just realized that thematically, perhaps the Tattoine buildings could have been built near a ruins of earlier civilizations. I don't know how that would play with the real Star Wars nuts out there

And I can't wait to get the rest of my Warsenal Comanche set built, as there are more walkways and neat buildings. The ladders from my Impudent Mortal set will come in handy in a lot of ways. The square little building isn't exciting, but once I get the other 3 square ones, the 2 bigger rectangular ones and the 2 big L-Shaped ones done, then it will fill a nice bit of table, and these can stack in many different configurations.

Speaking of Star Wars, I finished my Fleet Trooper squad.

Old July 3rd, 2018, 10:14 AM
"like" happy

Those guys look great. I havent got to paint any minis lately. I had been making and painting prizes for the heroscape tourney. I had so much fun playing at that down there that I have been printing a bunch of HS custom terrain. I did have a chance to paint a mountain of 3d prints though.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures