Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 11th, 2014, 08:44 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: X-Wing

Anyone interested in Star Wars: Armada? I can't wait for capital ship battles. I wish Attack Wing would have been more like this.
Old August 11th, 2014, 11:13 AM

stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness stubobj wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Star Wars: Armada looks AWESOME!!! The $100 price tag does not. Is this going to be a competitive game like Xwing? I didn't see anything about that from what I read unless I missed something.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Old August 11th, 2014, 12:00 PM

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubobj View Post
Star Wars: Armada looks AWESOME!!! The $100 price tag does not. Is this going to be a competitive game like Xwing? I didn't see anything about that from what I read unless I missed something.
I would think yes on the competitive side, but I am not sure. $100 is that bad when you factor in size of models. OLGS will probably sell for around $70. When you consider the large X-Wing ships prices, it doesn't look that far off.
Old August 11th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

$100? Man. I thought it was going to be around $50 and the scale would be smaller.
Old August 11th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I'm really disappointed in the price. If Armada was a one-purchase game, $100 wouldn't be too bad, but there will be expansions with other ships. And how much are those going to cost?

That said, Armada looks amazing. I'll be keeping a close eye on it, for sure. Maybe just the core set has enough material for dozens of games (unlike X-wing). The mission cards included in the set make me hopeful this is the case. Still, I'd rather spend $100 on X-wing expansions unless Armada turns out to be super awesome.
Old August 11th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I'm glad I have some single friends that don't have wives or kids to worry about and can buy this.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 11th, 2014, 10:06 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Armada looks really good, but I'm spending enough on X-Wing and still have so much to explore as is. Then there were those two sweet, sweet X-Wing preview articles they just dropped on us...

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 11th, 2014, 11:36 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Armada looks really good, but I'm spending enough on X-Wing and still have so much to explore as is. Then there were those two sweet, sweet X-Wing preview articles they just dropped on us...

I am totally looking forward to ramming stuff with the Decimator!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 14th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Here's a video of gameplay for Armada

Old August 14th, 2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Thanks @Hahma . For some reason, I thought the ships would be bigger.
Old August 14th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Thanks @Hahma . For some reason, I thought the ships would be bigger.
So did I. People on BGG were talking about the cost and getting larger ships, but they aren't as large as I had expected. Though I guess you get a decent amount of "stuff" and certainly going the online store route would be more viable than MSRP.

I have friends that will likely get it, so I'll see how it goes then.

Old August 15th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Prickly Cactus

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures