Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old May 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I am playing some TI tomorrow!
Old May 20th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Though I did tell her that I still need to get the Summoner Wars master set when it comes out in June and that can be part of my birthday present.
Don't forget Father's Day, gotta milk that one too.
Yeah, that's kind of been the given over the years. Anytime I'd order $150 worth of stuff from Housemouse, I'd say, "Consider it my birthday and Father's Day present." Same thing in the fall/winter, but "consider it my Christmas present."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I'm picking up Dragonspire tomorrow, actually. My plan is now to preorder games before Heroscape tournaments and then try to earn enough prize money to buy them. Win/win, right?

Anyway. We really like Thunderstone, but I also think it benefits more from having expansions than Dominion does. It'll be good to have a wider selection of heroes & monsters.
Sounds like a good plan, just make sure you win.

Since I heard about my last big game order from the wife (she was more concerned about me charging it instead of debiting it), I've been laying low from ordering for a little while. Since I already have Prosperity for Dominion and haven't even busted it out yet, I was planning on using my stash money to pick up Thunderstone expansions from my FLGS as I can stash the additional cards in the Dragonspire box without notice. I'll try to pick up some other expansions that way as well. Though I did tell her that I still need to get the Summoner Wars master set when it comes out in June and that can be part of my birthday present.
(a) Colby is now saying July for those who didn't preorder through Plaid Hat Games (as I did not; used it to hit the $100 free shipping at CSI). Not his fault and praise to wonderful Colby, etc., etc.

(b) Tip of the hat to nyys: Father's Day for the win.

(c) Finishing "in the money" at the tournament is one way to win. Playing in a Heroscape tournament all day, giving out nice store credit to the awesome FLGS as prizes, and then buying a quality game from them with the (modest) TD discount is just another way to win.
Hmmm....well July kind of sucks, but since the LOTR card game adventure packs have been delayed until late June, maybe I can get them tool as well. In the meantime, I guess I can sneak in some expansion cards for Thunderstone or even the first base set from my FLGS and no one would be the wiser The thing is, since I started getting into these card/board games, it's kind of my new addiction. Kind of like Scape was plastic crack, now I have cardboard crack. Oh well, better than crack crack.

I've never done tournaments, so I'm not familiar with all the ways to "win", but it sounds like you have a nice thing going there.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Going = winning, Hahma. That's why it's win/win. If I sit down in the chair (quoting Aldin), I already won.

If I'm running the tournament, that's icing on the cake. Whether I spend money out of my own pocket for a game or use store credit doesn't even really matter, considering I'm already a winner.

I hope there's an event near you some time you can check out for yourself.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, maybe one day I'll get to a tournament. I see what you are saying about the win/win. I feel like that when I'm playing games with friends and or family, it's just a good time. I get up to GaryLASQ's place once in a while and some other guys from here like JdTenor, Jexik and Eternal Thanos are there and for me it's just a great time to see those guys and play. Regardless of how the games go, I feel like I've won as it's just that much fun.

Old May 20th, 2011, 10:32 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

First full game of Alien Frontiers tonight. This is going to go from a good game to a great game when I can get it to the table against some other gamers. It was a lot of fun, but just not a deep and it could be playing against the little guy and his 6yr old sister.

-insert signature here-
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:34 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Call of Cthulu LCG x1. Miskatonic/Hastur was victorious over my wife's Shub-Naggarath/Cthulu deck.

Claustrophobia x1. My wife's demons earned revenge for Tuesday nights heresy of a human victory.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:04 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land-based AE View Post
Call of Cthulu LCG x1. Miskatonic/Hastur was victorious over my wife's Shub-Naggarath/Cthulu deck.

Claustrophobia x1. My wife's demons earned revenge for Tuesday nights heresy of a human victory.
How do you like the Call of Cthulu LCG? I've been contemplating picking it up, but I'm on the fence about it...

On a side note, played two games last night with the little lady.

1x Neuroshima Hex
I played as the New York army and my girlfriend chose the Vegas army. This match was pretty one-sided with me controlling the match. She didn't really grasp the strengths of Vegas and struggled against me. I won, no doubt, and read the description on the back of the Vegas card as well as the descriptions of the units. Once I explained how they were suppose to be played, she understood it better. I wish I had done that in the beginning. Stupid me...

1x Warhammer: Invasion
My Empire won by the skin of their teeth against her brutal orcs. We each had a burning capital and I had one other capital with only one life left and she had one with 6 life left. It was my turn and I played an attachment card to have exactly 6 power worth of units in my battlefield to make the attack. Unfortunately, she had a defending unit with 4 life. I then realized I had a "Surrender" tactic card which forces a target defending unit back to the owner's hand. I played that card, removing her only defending unit and struck the capital with enough damage to win. I love these nail-biter type matches...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:07 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The usual night of Ticket to Ride:Europe and Settlers of Catan. We played with a very random setting in Catan,not only just tiles and numbers, but we also placed our starting settlements before the numbers went down, which was tough. I didn't like it.
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:28 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Played my first game of Stronghold last night. Or rather, we played the first six rounds of a "learning game" at which point we elected to stop as I'd made a ton of errors as part of getting familiar with everything that was going on. There was not really any way for me to win the game at that point, so we just packed it up and discussed what had happened a bit more.

The game seems more complicated than it really is, but there is still a lot to keep track of. It was difficult to anticipate all the various ways the Defender can respond to various Intruder actions. All in all, a terrific game, though, and certainly one I'd like to play again soon. I can see why this one is well regarded.

Also played an online scenario of Claustrophobia and my humans got smoked (as usual) by the Demons. I screwed up a little early on and that's usually all it takes in this game for things to avalanche into a slaughter.

Old May 21st, 2011, 09:32 PM
Prickly Cactus

LOTR: The Card Game - beat the first scenario with the Leadership Sphere this morning playing solo.

Taught my daughters Thunderstone Dragonspire - They really enjoyed it and instead of teaching the LOTR tgc tomorrow, we're going to play some more Thunderstone. They didn't want to quit today, so when the Thunderstone came up, they asked for me to put it at the very bottom of the deck so they can play more. That's my girls.

Old May 21st, 2011, 11:17 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Pretty good weekend so far of gaming -

Friday -
Thunderstone - (wife and daughter) I won with a Trader heavy hand.

Dominion - (wife) I pulled out a close one.

Saturday -

Ravenloft / Ashardalon - (JUSTchris and my daughter) We played the first multi-player scenario in the WoA book, but we combined all the monster, hero, and treasures from both sets. It was getting pretty heavy in there, but we were able to limp out alive.

Dragon Dice x 2 - (JUSTchris and Tiny Timmy) First game - JUSTchris' lava elves took out my dwarves. Second game my Feral army defeated Tiny's undead and JUstchris' lava elves by capturing 2 8th faces, with the old Path / Windwalk (with a cantrip) victory.

HeroScape - (JUSTchris and my daughter) We were getting ready for the multi-player event coming up in a few weeks and it was a very close game but I was able to pull out the win.

Ascencion - (JUSTchris and Tiny Timmy) Just wished you could build your deck up a bit. It seems to end too fast. Plus the art sucks!

Survive - (JUSTchris and Tiny Timmy) We went after Tiny early but he got us back pretty well and we ended the game with an 8 to 7 to 6 game with me barely winning.

Carcassone - (JUSTchris and Tiny Timmy) Hadn't played this one for a while. It was nice to pull it out.

Puerto Rico - (JUSTChris and Tiny Timmy) Another I hadn't played in a long time. It was good to see it hit the table again.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:08 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Played a game of Yomi with my daughter and then we playtested Nature of the Beast: Polar vs. Prairie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games