Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old December 15th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Was looking through the Web Log for my HS site yesterday and noticed about a dozen hits from someone using Firefox 3. Now today there are almost 200 FF3 hits. Sure enough! The Beta-1 has been out since 11/19. I just installed it and wow, this thing is fast, noticeably faster than Firefox 2.

Some add-ons/extensions don't work yet with the Beta release (like the XForms add-on for example), but it is a separate install (won't install on top of version 2).

So who else out there is using the FF3 Beta?
I've been running it on my beta machine. What you are looking at will 99% be the final release here in about 6 weeks.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old December 15th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama
I've been running it on my beta machine. What you are looking at will 99% be the final release here in about 6 weeks.
Excellent news. Looks like some nice SVG additions/improvements, which is awesome. Not sure what Cairo is yet, but it definitely speeds things up.

I was browsing through some of the forums and testing areas and noticed the dedicated testday for Beta-2 was yesterday. My head was swimming through all the bug fixes and upgrades. It looks like organized chaos if you ask me. I'm amazed at the number of developers/testers that participate in each new release.
Old December 15th, 2007, 01:28 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thanks for the great site, man! This is the first place I go when I want to look up the stats or abilities of a particular unit. I often find I have a tab for your site open just for reference whenever I'm browsing 'Scapers.

It's also been a great resource for the Special Ability Ratings project. I've linked to your special ability index from the first post of that thread.
Old December 15th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
Thanks for the props Elstree. Glad it helps out with the SA Project.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:11 PM
Spin Master

Yikes!

Somehow I messed up the way pages print while fooling with the styling instructions in order to get my new Army Builder to work.

I've reverted back to the old styling instructions (CSS file) prior to working on the Army Builder and taken it down temporarily.

Pages should print properly again. Sorry about that...
Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:15 PM

Archkyrie11 is surprisingly tart
One Question. He has the Official heroscape logo and can get away with it but my site you guys brought up lawyers and lawsuits so igot rid of it. is with that

Alderaan shot first
Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:23 PM
Spin Master

I've actually thought about taking down that particular image (logo). But since my site is riddled with Hasbo's intellectual property, I figured one little image was the least of my offenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama
Excellent news. Looks like some nice SVG additions/improvements, which is awesome. Not sure what Cairo is yet, but it definitely speeds things up.
Now I know more about Cario. http://cairographics.org/

Apparently it is what Firefox has been using all along for rendering SVG and now plans to use it (in version 3.0) in other areas of the browser besides SVG.
Old May 3rd, 2008, 11:29 PM
Spin Master

Re: Gary's Heroscape Website

Just for grins, I've added what we know so far to the Character and Special Power tables.
http://heroscape.glasq.com/tables/characters_001.html

Last edited by GaryLASQ; March 27th, 2022 at 02:09 PM.
Old May 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

You rock, Gary! I use your tables to screen scrape into my own spreadsheet so I really appreciate you effort to keep things accurate and up to date.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 4th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Double ++ rep for you Gary. I use your site daily!

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 4th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Spin Master

Thanks R˙chean and Grungebob. Speaking of accurate, if anyone sees errors on my site please let me know here or via PM. The more eyes the better...
Old May 4th, 2008, 10:33 AM
South Florida Wave 8 Grand Champion

Blue Dane is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Double ++ rep for you Gary. I use your site daily!
Same here!

Can't find it? Try the Index | Live in Florida? Belated National Heroscape Day in SoFL
South Florida Game Days |

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion