Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 11th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Justice League Dark Brainstorming

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It's not that I dislike this character, it's just that I have zero experience with him. Whereas the other one is a pretty classic DCU/JLA/JSA villain.

Who also looks pretty cool!

Ah, you mean THE Shade, right?

What's up with claymation?
Old November 11th, 2018, 12:23 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
It's not that I dislike this character, it's just that I have zero experience with him. Whereas the other one is a pretty classic DCU/JLA/JSA villain.

He's the one I know as well.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 11th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

It’s funny, to me Shade the Changing Man is the main DC Shade, with the other guy being a character I vaguely remember as maybe being in the Justice League cartoon once. Not saying you’re wrong or anything, but it’s interesting to me how people can have such different perspectives on things.

That is a pretty cool look though.
Old November 11th, 2018, 04:16 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:

It’s funny, to me Shade the Changing Man is the main DC Shade, with the other guy being a character I vaguely remember as maybe being in the Justice League cartoon once. Not saying you’re wrong or anything, but it’s interesting to me how people can have such different perspectives on things.

That is a pretty cool look though.
I'd quite like to see that Shade. He appeared on the Justice League cartoons a few times, and, while he was never any more than 'generic supervillain team-up member #3', he did have a really cool look and power set.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 11th, 2018, 05:12 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'd quite like to see that Shade. He appeared on the Justice League cartoons a few times, and, while he was never any more than 'generic supervillain team-up member #3', he did have a really cool look and power set.
Does anyone have a draft for the Shade? I do like figures with shadow powers, they're always fun.

Quote:

NAME = SHADE THE CHANGING MAN
SECRET IDENTITY = RAC SHADE

SPECIES = METAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHANGING MAN
PERSONALITY = MERCURIAL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

MADNESS VEST
Whenever Shade attacks an Insane, Unstable, or Troubled figure, roll 2 additional attack dice. After an adjacent opponent's figure without the Mental Shield Special Power either attacks or is attacked by Shade, and defense dice are rolled, and if you rolled more blanks than your opponent, you may choose an Order Marker on that figure's card. Switch it with an Order Marker on this card. Both players may reveal these Order Markers normally on their turn instead of their other Order Marker of the same number. At the end of the round, all Order Markers moved by this special power return to the player who controlled the Order Markers before they were moved.

MADNESS STREAM
At the end of the round, you may choose up to one figure you control adjacent to Shade and roll the 20-sided die. Place Shade on an empty space exactly X spaces away from his original placement, where X equals the number rolled, then place the chosen figure on an empty space adjacent to Shade. If a figure cannot be placed, destroy it. Figures moved with this special power will not take any leaving engagement attacks.
Okay, so I dropped Metan Possession and went back to Madness Stream. I think 'there are multiple versions of him in different bodies' is very iconic to the character, but I don't think it's an every single battle thing. My question now is how many people should Shade be able to teleport with him? I went with one just for balance reasons, but it wouldn't be out of place for him to move his whole team around either. Thoughts?
Old November 11th, 2018, 05:16 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Teleporting other figures can be a hard thing to balance. So it’ll need some @dok and @Dysole input.
Old November 11th, 2018, 06:50 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Neither Here nor There

Blink already has something like that second power except better so it'll be too hard to break things worse than her. That first power is quite complex. I'm still not quite sure what it does, but I think I follow. The best move is going to be to switch your own used OMs with unused OMs in opponent's figures. I'm not sure if that's broken, but it's more repeatable than Ozy, but harder to get. Not sure if that balances out.

~Dysole, in the dark
Old November 11th, 2018, 06:58 PM
Just A Head

Re: Neither Here nor There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Blink already has something like that second power except better so it'll be too hard to break things worse than her. That first power is quite complex. I'm still not quite sure what it does, but I think I follow. The best move is going to be to switch your own used OMs with unused OMs in opponent's figures. I'm not sure if that's broken, but it's more repeatable than Ozy, but harder to get. Not sure if that balances out.

~Dysole, in the dark
What about if he was only able to switch Unrevealed OMs? Then, you could still switch your X for a numbered OM to "steal" a turn, but other than that it would be a lot harder to take turns from your opponent. That was actually my original intent, but I think it just got lost somewhere while I was writing it up.
Old November 11th, 2018, 07:04 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Eh

I think making the power simpler is going to be a good start. As is, it's not going to trigger a whole lot due to the adjacency requirement. I'm not sure if there's a way to build it to abuse that terribly, but the potential is there.

~Dysole, running possibilities
Old November 11th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Just A Head

Re: Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
I think making the power simpler is going to be a good start. As is, it's not going to trigger a whole lot due to the adjacency requirement. I'm not sure if there's a way to build it to abuse that terribly, but the potential is there.

~Dysole, running possibilities
Quote:
MADNESS VEST
Whenever Shade attacks an Insane, Unstable, or Troubled figure, roll 2 additional attack dice. After rolling attack dice against an adjacent opponent's figure without the Mental Shield Special Power, if you rolled at least 2 blanks, you may choose an Unrevealed Order Marker on the defending figure's card. Switch it with an Unrevealed Order Marker on this card. Both players may reveal these Order Markers normally on their turn instead of their other Order Marker of the same number. At the end of the round, all Order Markers moved by this special power return to the player who controlled the Order Markers before they were moved.
Okay, here's an attempt to simplify it. Changed it to attack only, instead of being able to use it as a defense. I also changed it to activate on rolling 2 blanks, which is something we discussed yesterday.

I think it would be possible to combo him with Ozymandias to "juggle" the opponent's OMs on and off their card, but my argument would be that isn't any more efficient than just using an OM remover like Iceman.

Loki could be a worry. I could put the 2 and 3 OMs on Loki, then put 1, X, and X on Shade. Shade takes a turn, uses Madness Vest to swap an X on his card with an opponent's 2, then takes that 2nd turn to swap the opponent's 3 with his other X. So it would be possible to steal 2 of the opponent's 3 turns, but it would require very a specific set-up, luck enough to hit the right rolls, and either knowing where your opponent's OMs are or getting really lucky with picking the right ones.

Anyone who can reposition OMs on your cards could also be a problem, especially in combination with Ozy or Loki.

Are there any other potential combinations I'm missing?

Last edited by MrNobody; November 11th, 2018 at 07:50 PM.
Old November 11th, 2018, 07:40 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Still haven’t taken the time to dive in here but I agree on wanting to see things simplified and streamlined as much as possible. Big masses of text and super small font size are bleh.
Old November 11th, 2018, 09:07 PM

Alternatively

I'm not quite sure what the theme is, but why isn't a d20 roll instead of attacking?

~Dysole, trying to pare down

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy