Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old July 15th, 2018, 10:09 AM

Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby! Targanth rolls all skulls baby!
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

You might look at 'Hey! That's my Fish'. No reading, fairly quick, planning ahead strategy.
Old July 15th, 2018, 12:24 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Absolutely recommend Mice & Mystics and especially Stuffed Fables. Grungebob is a great designer and Stuffed Fables is literally a story book turned-game designed for family play. The games have fun themes, cute miniatures, and fantastic stories.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 17th, 2018, 06:46 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I've now played six games of my new Big Trouble In Little China. Its very addictive, because no matter the number of players, you can run more than one of the six character per person, even if you are solitairing. And some of the characters not active can become "Companions," and contribute some of their abilities to the game anyhow!

With different augments, level ups, and quests for each to accomplish, the replayability of different situations and outcomes is very high. And I haven't even looked at the First Expansion campaign yert, which also came with my Preorder Gold Box Edition.

I also just got Quartermaster General Prelude, the third expansion to the Core QMG WWII game. We're forming a monthly group to play this series, with QMG 1914, another recent purchase, which has been out for a couple of years.
Old July 17th, 2018, 10:09 AM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Since last I checked in here, I've played:
DnD 5th Edition
Mice & Mystics
Heroscape
Blood Rage
Pandemic Legacy Season 2
Timeline
Dead of Winter
Rising Sun
Hand & Foot (family favorite card game)
7 Wonders
and lead a LARP at Summer Camp!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 17th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Tell me about the LARP Spidey.
Old July 17th, 2018, 01:10 PM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker

I just ordered Betrayal at the house on the hill. I’m looking forward to giving it some time on my table.
Old July 17th, 2018, 02:22 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Since last I checked in here, I've played:
DnD 5th Edition
Mice & Mystics
Heroscape
Blood Rage
Pandemic Legacy Season 2
Timeline
Dead of Winter
Rising Sun
Hand & Foot (family favorite card game)
7 Wonders
and lead a LARP at Summer Camp!
What a great lot! Sounds like your came was a lot of fun! I enjoy most of those things. Never played Hand and Foot, but my grandmother used to love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvildeyedjoker View Post
I just ordered Betrayal at the house on the hill. I’m looking forward to giving it some time on my table.
A fantastic gateway game. I loved it for the first few plays, then after about 8-10 plays it started to get old. Now I won't usually go near it. My interest is piqued by the upcoming Betrayal Legacy game coming out in November, though!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old July 17th, 2018, 03:06 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Well, since the camp was a Christian camp, we chose to set the whole thing in Ancient Rome. We set up an entire building like catacombs and groups had to solve puzzles and fight a foe. Each group had about an hour and a half to complete 3 rooms. If they solved all the puzzles, they got 2 clues. Combat was before the second puzzle. Four groups went on four different paths. When all four groups finished, they would put their clues together to find where Nero was holding Peter (so they could try and free him.). Went over very well. Gonna be a tough act to follow next year. @Tornado

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old July 17th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That sounds awesome Spidey!
Old July 17th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I played King of the Tabletop from Dragon Magazine a few times. It's a great little game.

Old July 18th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@chas

Hey Chas, my friend Hal Thinglum, who used to be my grandparents' neighbor and got me into miniature wargaming when I was a teen, has gotten back into gaming. He's 20 years older than me, at 71 and lives in Virginia, but I have been able to keep up with him on Facebook. He used to run a wargaming newsletter in the midwest a number of years ago.

Anyway, I just saw that he received 65lbs worth of painted minis, and it's kind of an odd era/genre, so I figured it would be up your alley. Looks like the minis are still on the temporary big bases for painting. Can't wait to see when Hal gets them all in proper order and set up for battle.

Apologies for this not being board game related so to speak, but figured it would be cool for Chas to see.

65 pounds of Indian Mutiny and Early Sudan in 25mm and 28mm.

Early Sudan. Peter Guilder's figures and rules by Carlos Pagano [The Sands of Sudan] and/or David Bickley [A Good Dusting].

Sudan. Perry, Redoubt boat crew, and some Dervish artillery crew from several companies whose names escape me. Lots of civilians and transport.

Mutiny. Rules by David Bickley [The Devils Wind].

A mix of Sudan and Mutiny. Colorful units are regional Prince's units. Mutiny foot are 20 strong while horse are 12. Battery's are two guns with eight crew. SUDAN organization very large.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 18th, 2018, 06:59 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hahma,

What beautiful stuff! I have approximately the same kinds of things in my larger scale of 54mm. As we have discussed, I used to write for Hal's magazine. Unfortunately, I am not on Facebook. If you could get an email address for him and PM it to me, I'd be happy to say hello after all these years. Or you could say hi for me, except that you don't know my name, which I could PM to you!

Chas

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games