Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 8th, 2018, 02:40 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Fire

So I hesitated to even post this, but I think just letting it out might help me cope a bit. I'm warning you, this is kind of a depressing tale. But one I feel like I need to let out, because few can completely understand.

It's unreal how ironic life can be sometimes.

So my home caught on fire this weekend. My parents were in the process of moving out, and I was the only person actually living there full time for a little while. A random freak electrical thing caught fire, and it spread quickly, destroying quite a bit of the interior of the home. It's structurally sound, but a complete unlivible mess.

On a personal level, I AM FINE. My family is fine, most of their important stuff had already been moved out. No hardship has been created by the situation other than I have to live out of a hotel for a while. But I could have easily been home when it happened. And I wasn't.

Insurance has been more helpful than I honestly ever expected so far, which has been a blessing. I'm going to be fine. My family and I all lost some stuff we won't be able to replace, but it always could have been worse. We are fine and we will be fin

The thing that stings. And the real ironic part of the entire situation, is that our Heroscape was almost a total loss. My uncle had been building the collection for years, and as I grew up I helped him finance it. It was immaculate. It bounced around family houses for years. Whoever had the best set up to play got the heroscape.

It ended up at my place two weeks ago. We played more than ever that weekend.

My uncle who built the collection, just happens to also be a police officer. He was the first responder to the fire. I showed up shortly thereafter. After the initial shock, we stood there and both cringed at the idea that the scape was in there.

And that's the worst part. I'm in my mid 20s. I don't have a lot of "stuff". If I could pull one thing out of the blaze, it would have been the heroscape. Our army cards survived, of all things, and my brother and I will have to sift through and see if any miniatures are salvageable.

It just sucks. We haven't been able to play as much anymore, but we love it to death. I guess my solace is found in that, the last night we got to play with our collection a couple weeks ago, we played the crap out of it. We had a 12 hour scape marathon that was as awesome as we ever did. Our collection got it's send off.

That night we speculated at what the collection was worth. I'm going to have to inventory it soon on the chance that insurance will help us recoup any of the value, but we think it was probably five figures worth.

At the end of the day, I survived. My family is safe, and one way or another, we will scape again.

Thanks for letting me vent on this one. This community has meant a lot to me for a lot of years.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old July 8th, 2018, 05:36 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Fire

Really sorry to hear about the fire and your 'scape. Really glad everyone's OK, though!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 8th, 2018, 06:07 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Heroscape loss as well.
A 12 hour marathon sounds awesome.
Old July 9th, 2018, 11:49 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sad news. Glad everyone is OK.
Old July 9th, 2018, 03:02 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Ditto everyone else, glad everyone is ok, sorry about the loss of Heroscape. PM me and I can give/sell some stuff after you figure out what is salvageable and what insurance covers.
Old July 16th, 2018, 11:21 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

PM me, I'll send you a big box of stuff.
Old July 16th, 2018, 01:26 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Woah! CVN with the clutch!
Old July 16th, 2018, 06:00 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
PM me, I'll send you a big box of stuff.
And that right there is why Heroscape is the best game ever.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 22nd, 2018, 03:03 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

that sucks, sorry to hear, yep I lost over $3,500 in HS to a fire, so I feel ya

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion