Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 18th, 2006, 08:05 PM

feekonea has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by feekonea
hey you guys are just lucky I wasnt there...haha. Ok get ready cuz your only gunna hear me say this once... congrats guys.. from the battle reports, it looks like you earned it. or at least... it LOOKS that way.
Thanks Feekonea! I saw a few of your threads, do you think your parents will let you hitch a ride with other fellow members for the I-5 beatdown? We accept all challengers.
No, Ill be in hawaii and I wont be getting back until 9 o clock that night.. so i cant make it... Or else I would be able to make it.

great traders:

Hilo-scaper and NEMT
Old July 18th, 2006, 08:09 PM

pitboss has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradoug
I dont even have to make these pictures epic.
kakaw!! <--- ??

You meen "Kawaii" don't you? I know you meen KAWAII = (super cute) In Japanse...

I have no idea waht Kakaw is.
Kakaw is what it is... but mostly it's a greeting. Kind of like what you'll hear when you call me next time. I was in Socal again this weekend, albeit w/o my CCC cohorts, working outside in the heat so I didn't hear my phone go off. Don't worry, I've got your cell number and will give you a ring before you get on the plane on the 28th and will pick you up at 5:45 PST. How long are you staying for?

Just step off the plane, don't fall on the tarmac b/c SJC has no terminals unless you fly American or Southwest, and look for a guy holding a sign like the limosine drivers. It'll say K A K A W.

pitboss of the - no sleep, no bowl, no prob...
Old July 18th, 2006, 08:41 PM

pitboss has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
I'm sick...anger and laughter at the same time!

"We've been hoodwinked, bamboozled, run-a-muck!

We didn't land on CCC...CCC landed on us!"
Cmon allskulls,

We drove all that way to kakaw you guys and still can't convince you to confirm the trip. I understand previous obligations may prevent you from click clackin' w/ the CCC but i got your open mic right here...

And then,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oogie_Da_Bruce
I only wish we knew that you were CCC so we could have REALLY thew down....

pitboss of the - no sleep, no bowl, no prob...
Old July 18th, 2006, 08:47 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Good mission report, Pitboss!

One question...did you guys leave quickly because you couldn't hold it in any longer and had to get into your clickity crappity...er uh clackity celebrating?
kakaw, allskulls!

It was make haste, so we can celebrate. But we were dead beat from the heat and lack of sleep. We had to drive back up north. There was ample celebration back at CCC central. I hear from Joe's Fury that you might (yippee) make it to I-5?

One thing I was really impressed w/ Socal league was the level of organization for your monthly tournaments. Your timing and system runs like a swiss movement watch. However, your rolling of the dice on tables is off like a coo-coo clock...

can we interest you in a bowl to roll in the next time we ?
Sorry, had lunch with my wife today and though she didn't tell me "no", she did reminded me of my commitment. The show must go on!
If you guys visit the OC often then maybe we set up something for another time there.

It's funny that you mention rolling dice on tables. It seems that Preacher really needs a bowl to roll in...he showed that he was truly inept in the area of rolling on a table. I'm sure it will be pointed out that I lost that game though.

Actually the way Preacher handled Krug should have proven that he wasn't a newb. The more I think about that day the more signs I see (like the speaking non-English). You guys just made it really hard for any new comers from here on out. It's time to tighten up security!
Old July 18th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation

Is that a duet? Maybe you guys need to come to open mic nite...sorry we don't do kareoke. You gotta come original.
Old July 19th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Okay, that's it!!

Next time I make a trophy, I'm hooking it up with a friggin' LoJack!

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old July 23rd, 2006, 02:29 AM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
goddammit.....Im always the last to find out about these things
Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:21 AM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart
Damn't wrote out a long post and then I got signed out and lost it...damn damn damn!

The gist:
Pitboss I didn't use that army all 4 times. I chose armies based on the maps except the last map because whether through a clever ruse or not Voodoo set out an army bag with Charros in it which influenced me to choose a different army then the one I was going to. I don't think Voodoo could have picked a better army against mine if he planned it out in advance and I played like **** which you yourself noticed like placing markers on "sylvarus" and then realising they're on raelin. Your accounting of the last battle is really off without going into detail i'll point out that for example the AE didn't drop until the 3rd and 4th rounds, but I don't have time to relist the other mistakes.

No winning the trophy back because it's not the way it works period. Also on a personal note I know the outcome of the tournie would have been different had we known who you were; specifically the last round wouldn't have gone down the way it did. Basically I don't see why I should worry about winning something back that we probably would not have lost if we weren't lied too.

I hope to play you guys again regardless. If you come to more tournaments though I would hope you come knowing they are more about fun then rankings. The 4 games you play are against random skilled players and the outcomes are greatly affected by that system as opposed to a ladder system. You win several times in a row and you can revel in people recognizing you as a good player and thats as far as it should go. A champion can go 4-0 without playing any of the arguable top players and no one would complain because usually the winner is fairly humble about taking the trophy home. After all, even the best strategy can lose out in the dice so nobody should be too cocky about winning a few games. There are so many "if I had rolled" moments in a game usually that even people who argue the strategy of the game have to admit that dice are also a big factor. Thats how I look at it anyhow, I would never say "Oh I owned you!" in a game that involves as much luck as this one.

I don't know its now a lot later then I wanted to stay up and hopefully I wasn't to hard to follow.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 06:30 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
wow, somebody is not taking this real well :P
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:19 AM

JuicerGM has disabled reputation
In our tournaments it is more about the spectacular moments. The excitement of something you weren't expecting happening.

An example of a rematch between Onix and I with nearly the same armies and Braxas tearing down Agent Carr this time instead of him doing the damage and Morsbane sliding up and hoping for a negation and getting a destruction against her instead.

That was exciting but in a game I lost. The win I had was nothing compared to that moment.
Old July 24th, 2006, 06:15 AM

Joe's Fury has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detrimentalman
I chose armies based on the maps except the last map
I know you guys posted the maps, but we didn't test or analyze them. But it seems that you were very familiar with the maps and hence had the advantage over the guys. Unlike you, who chose your armies based on the maps, I handed the guys their armies with couple backups in case they didn't know how to play them. Yes that's the first time Vu used Q9 (he played against Q9 twice) and first time Richard ever played Braxas!

Quote:
I don't think Voodoo could have picked a better army against mine if he planned it out in advance
As mentioned above, the guys didn't even test their armies, I just forced it on them, with the exception of Pitboss. The armies given to them were calculated by myself as being balanced that could pretty much be used on the average field. These armies are not chosen to counter any specific armies.

Quote:
I played like **** which you yourself noticed like placing markers on "sylvarus" and then realising they're on raelin
That's your bad.

Quote:
I know the outcome of the tournie would have been different had we known who you were; specifically the last round wouldn't have gone down the way it did. Basically I don't see why I should worry about winning something back that we probably would not have lost if we weren't lied too
See this is what I don't get. If you came to a tournament and said you were from San Jose, I wouldn't take it easier on you, I'd still try me best to beat you. The only thing the guys lied about was what city they were from, so that made you not want to win or try? You're telling me you lay down games in a tournament?

Quote:
There are so many "if I had rolled" moments in a game usually that even people who argue the strategy of the game have to admit that dice are also a big factor
Yes, luck plays a factor in all dice games, but skill also plays a large part if not larger. Think about it this way, if you played a beginner and really tried how often would you lose even if you had bad rolls? So yes skill plays a larger part.

Dman, even if you played bad, the guys still had to be able to capitalize, which they did. Think about it this way, in a 400 point game you lost all your points and only killed 1 Krav Agent from Vu; personally I don't think that's luck. Now a large part of why you lost was that Vu was able to predict your markers and strategy, hence he didn't fall for your traps (Dead-Eye Dan). Give them the credit they deserve. Like I said before, I give you lots of credit for beating Pitboss. He made some mistakes but you were able to capitalize so that means you're pretty good. Did you win by luck?...naw you needed some skills to win. Did you take it easy on him because he said he was from down South?....doesn't sound like it.

Quote:
I hope to play you guys again regardless. If you come to more tournaments though I would hope you come knowing they are more about fun then rankings
The guys may toy with the idea of coming again. If they do, they know they'll have fun with you guys, but at the same time they will always play their best to win.

Old July 24th, 2006, 06:16 AM

Joe's Fury has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicerGM
In our tournaments it is more about the spectacular moments. The excitement of something you weren't expecting happening.
I think the CCC operation is exciting and something you weren't expecting to happen...so I guess it classifies as a spectacular moment.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events