Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old May 2nd, 2021, 11:31 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Announcing ScapeCon: July 29th-August 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
OMG, this looks AMAZING! And I live only 4 hours from Indy, so could easily drive.

BUT...... I've forgotten how to play 'Scape! It's been years since I've played..
It's like riding a bike, you never really forget!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 2nd, 2021, 11:37 PM

Razqua is surprisingly tart

Quote:
OMG, this looks AMAZING! And I live only 4 hours from Indy, so could easily drive.

BUT...... I've forgotten how to play 'Scape! It's been years since I've played..
It's not a hard game to learn. I taught some friends of mine in about 10 minutes.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 12:17 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

You should definitely come! It should be a blast. HeroScape’s an easy game to pick back up.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 06:01 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Like some of us ever REALLY knew how to play. I haven't player in almost two years - just going to have fun playing a kids game
Old May 7th, 2021, 08:39 AM

Mr_Chompy knows what's in an order marker Mr_Chompy knows what's in an order marker

Sawyer has confirmed he is coming. We still have 1 maybe.
Old May 7th, 2021, 08:52 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Why was the cap set at 42 again (besides it's the answer to the ultimate question about life, the universe, and everything)? I think maybe 50 is fine, if we can get enough (with maybes it seems very likely). Will lower the total price and make the main event and other tournaments have more people which I am a fan of so I vote for higher total. Maybe make each event cap a little less than total participants as some people may TD or be playing other games. I do understand having a cap, just trying to understand the logic on the exact #.

Also maybe start a thread of people who will come early (Wednesday) to set up and who will bring terrain besides the Gencon supply.
Old May 7th, 2021, 09:56 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Just to be clear, badge prices are set at $335 for 37-42 people. If we don't hit 37, we'll have to up the price, but it looks like that won't be an issue.

Now that we have the menu pretty much set, the food cost per attendee is the same (unless we can't hit 37, in which case the food cost per person to meet our contracted minimum has to rise, increasing everyone's badge cost). The bulk of the prize support is in the t-shirts- which is also per attendee. Even if we had 60 people, the badge price wouldn't drop much because such a small amount of it is tied to costs not associated with per-attendee fees.

We're capping at 42 for a number of reasons, with space and COVID being the two biggest reasons. Outside of Walt (who has volunteered to GM main event), there won't be any GMs not playing in events- myself and a few others will be GMing while playing. The side events should still be larger than the GenCon ones, and the championship should have about 40 people (compared to 48 at GenCon).

Speaking of the cap, for anyone who is planning on attending, you have until May 16th to get in your first $200 deposit before you fall off the reserved list. There are only three spots left between the confirmed going and reserved list, so get your deposits in ASAP!

Last edited by OEAO; May 7th, 2021 at 11:40 PM.
Old May 7th, 2021, 11:28 PM

Razqua is surprisingly tart

So just wondering as someone who's never been to a heroscape tournament before are there any rules I should know that don't apply in casual play?
Old May 8th, 2021, 12:07 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqua View Post
So just wondering as someone who's never been to a heroscape tournament before are there any rules I should know that don't apply in casual play?
Not really! I’d just check out the FAQ/books of units you’re playing. I’ll be posting a list of maps soonish- I’d definitely recommend looking at them. Resources like Jexik’s Cookie Cutter Armies thread and past GenCon results threads may also be helpful when creating armies.
Old May 8th, 2021, 11:34 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wish I had known about this before I bought my house. A 'scape convention is far more important than having a place to live. Considering it is also almost full the chances of me going now are very very slim. I hope that eventually there is another one that I would be able to attend, and maybe with a larger max attendance. It's pretty difficult for me to get there from Washington.

Now I really have to wonder why this wasn't done in the 3rd week of October instead?
Old May 8th, 2021, 11:57 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
I wish I had known about this before I bought my house. A 'scape convention is far more important than having a place to live. Considering it is also almost full the chances of me going now are very very slim. I hope that eventually there is another one that I would be able to attend, and maybe with a larger max attendance. It's pretty difficult for me to get there from Washington.

Now I really have to wonder why this wasn't done in the 3rd week of October instead?
That’s too bad, but congrats on the new house!

For now, we’re only concerned with making this one as good as we can.

As for the third weekend of October... well, GenCon always takes place in the summer, and it works much better for anyone in school (or teaching in a school). Going to Indy in the summer for a weekend of Scape is a long-standing tradition that we’re trying to continue this year. I don’t foresee us ever running anything in October.
Old May 11th, 2021, 10:46 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqua View Post
Besides the Advanced FAQ, see The GenCon Rulings Thread which will also be in effect for this tournament.

But compared to CCG/LCG/CMG tournament scene there are a very small amount of rulings, most of which is very common sense.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon