Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old August 9th, 2022, 05:07 PM

Heirloom63 is surprisingly tart
Heroscape Army Card List app (Android)

Hi! I'm a French computer science student, and since I was bored during the summer holidays, I decided to try to learn some new programming stuff. Since I used to play Heroscape with my brother and our dad (although I don't really play it anymore if at all), I thought that it would be fun to make an Heroscape-themed app

And so, I created Heroscape Army Card List! (name is subject to change, I didn't know how to call it)

This Android app, for now, contains the list of all of the army cards (including VC but excluding Marvel/C3G), all available without the need for an Internet connection. [Thanks to Danieloche for his amazing database, getting all the cards in there myself would have taken forever ]
The list can be sorted alphabetically or by points, can be filtered by general, and searches can be made thanks to a search bar that searches for the name, species, class, personality, or size of the card (e.g. 'human', 'medium', 'bold', or 'heirloom'). Official, C3V and SoV can also be toggled on or off.

The app also allows you to view the details of a given card, which includes all of the info found on the card as well as a convenient button that links directly to the Book of the card for more details.

Finally, you can add any card to your army, which you can then find in the other tab along with the total points and spaces needed for the cards selected.

Currently, the armies that you create can't be saved, so you need to take a screenshot of it before closing the app (since it gets deleted when the app is closed).

Anyways, I hope to add more stuff to the app later, such as a list of glyphs and treasure glyphs, an option to save a certain number of armies, custom cards, a personal collection to keep track of how much of each figure you own... but that's it for now!

Here's the link to download the app : https://www.mediafire.com/file/74cb1...%2529.apk/file

If you end up trying it out, please feel free to comment and give your opinion about the app, it's appreciated! I'm open to suggestions about new features that should be added.

Also, if you find anything weird like a bug or a typo or something, please tell me about it so I can fix it in future versions.

Hope you will like this app!
Old August 9th, 2022, 06:01 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape Army Card List app (Android)

I just downloaded this and it looks like a fantastic resource to use. A big shoutout to you, Daniel Loche, and GaryLASQ, Bmaczeros custom card creator and all the custom card people(way too many to name) You guys are what makes this site so great and the best on the internet.
Old August 10th, 2022, 11:43 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewman-chu View Post
I just downloaded this and it looks like a fantastic resource to use. A big shoutout to you, Daniel Loche, and GaryLASQ, Bmaczeros custom card creator and all the custom card people(way too many to name) You guys are what makes this site so great and the best on the internet.

Thanks, for you and all the people we're glad to help in our way !

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old August 10th, 2022, 12:32 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Really slick, @Heirloom63

Another great thing about a Heroscape revival is new people showing up with the technical skills to create neat apps.
Old August 30th, 2022, 05:59 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Hi Heirloom I found a small error in the app Sgt Drakes powers are switched.
Old August 30th, 2022, 08:52 PM

Davy Jones is surprisingly tart

This is brilliant work! I'm an iPhone user, unfortunately for this, but I ran it on Bluestacks and it worked very well. I'm excited to see where you take it from here. I'd love to see the ability to export, save and/or print army configurations. Also, it may be helpful to be able to sort the list by general.

I noticed that the 10th Regiment of Foot isn't listed among the available units. Other than that, I haven't run into any issues so far.

Thank you for your efforts!
Old August 31st, 2022, 04:32 PM

Heirloom63 is surprisingly tart

Thanks for your comments and reviews everyone

Thanks for pointing out the issues with the Sgt Drakes and 10th Regiment of Foot, I'll fix those with the next version! ...whenever it comes. Holidays are almost over so who knows if I'll have time/motivation to work on it

Speaking of the next update, what do you think would be the most convenient format to export an army if I end up adding that as a feature? A text file with the cards and their quantities, an image? Something else?

Also, there's already an option to filter by general, so I figured that adding a sort by general wouldn't be useful. Although I guess it would allow for this to work in the army tab as well, so maybe that's what you meant?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software