Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old May 27th, 2009, 05:43 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Migol Ironwill

The Book of Migol Ironwill
Blackmoon's Siege - Collection 9 - "Heroes of the Moon Tribe"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus
"character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: NA

Synergy Benefits Received
Axegrinders of Burning Forge: Dwarven Strategic Bonding:
As a Dwarf Hero, Migol Ironwill may benefit from the Axegrinders' DWARVEN STRATEGIC BONDING activation synergy.
Synergy Benefits Offered
NA

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Migol and the Axegrinders of Burning Forge Discussion Thread

Migol Ironwill - what's your army idea?

Power Ranking and Master Index
Although pretty tough and deadly, his boys can pretty much take him or leave him. B+
Unit Strategy Review
TBA

(photo courtesy of basilmichael)

Last edited by Revdyer; November 12th, 2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old May 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Migol Ironwill

Migol seems awesome. Hard to damage, hits like a truck due to Deadly Strike, and is only twenty points more than Crixus to boot. He also bonds, though the bonding is somewhat limited, but still a major point in his favor. He also has a killer sculpt. Great job with this one, designer/playtester teams!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:13 PM

theats has disabled reputation

so if one were going for a Dwarf Horde, Having him lead 20 dwarfs and 20 points to boot.

Thats an awful lot of angry midgits, albeit SLOW angry midgets. I suppose they would be good for a hammer and anvil tactic.

Theophilus.
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:37 PM

Lord Orich is surprisingly tart

I think that Migol is the very idea of a mountain king. Standing on height he is a real beast with 5 def. and One Shield Defence if needed, as well as Deadly Strike with 3 skulls. A great defender for ranged squads and weak ranging heros.
Old August 12th, 2009, 05:52 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Having played a few tournament games against this combo, and feeling the pure 8 skull fury, I think it is safe to say that if you're not using Finn with Migol, you're really missing out. With finn's bonus stacked onto him, Migol can kill anything and everything without so much as breaking a sweat. Finn is great with uniques in general, but he's just insanely good coupled with migol.
Old August 12th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For me, the thing I love about Migol is that two of his abilities affect the dices' outcome. I believe he is the only figure that can do that. Double Skulls is awesome, as is one shield defense, and bonding to boot.

I could see using this build with him:

Axegrinders x3 210
Migol 110
Finn 80
Thorgrim 80
Marcu 20
Total 500/16

I'm really bummed out that Eldgrim wasn't just 10 points less. He would look so good next to Migol and the rest of the dwarves.
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:13 PM

artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker artemiscorso knows what's in an order marker

As we all know Elffy Dan just has to roll a skull to bypass defense, which doesn't really help against Migol that much because he's not hard to wound, just to kill. Another lawman(James Murphy) does much better against him point for point.
I have been impressed with how well Migol does against range. He can
close the gap because he can survive, and once he reaches them he can
put some hurt on too. I really like his sculpt, especially his eyepatch and his Monkey Dragon or whatever it is shield.

CORVUS

Last edited by artemiscorso; August 14th, 2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old August 19th, 2009, 01:54 PM

Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker Kepler knows what's in an order marker

Has anyone put this guy 1-on-1 with Krug? As long as he didn't whiff on his defense at the wrong time I think he would have a real chance.

I just picked up him and the axegrinders and I am loving the dwarves. Probably my new favorite HS units.
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Has anyone put this guy 1-on-1 with Krug? As long as he didn't whiff on his defense at the wrong time I think he would have a real chance.
Nope, Krug's double attack is the problem, Migol loses this matchup >90% of the time.

~Aldin, trolling for wounds

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:05 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

I think the units he's best against are Deathwalkers, SBN, and Jotun. He can bring them down quickly with his hammer and only take one wound a turn. I do also think that his Achilles heel is people like Q9 or Krug, because he's going to die in about 3 turns with them.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:17 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
I think the units he's best against are Deathwalkers, SBN, and Jotun. He can bring them down quickly with his hammer and only take one wound a turn. I do also think that his Achilles heel is people like Q9 or Krug, because he's going to die in about 3 turns with them.

Jotun can chuck Migol around to possibly inflict two auto-wounds.

8K can continue attacking if he inflicts a wound.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:33 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
Nope, Krug's double attack is the problem, Migol loses this matchup >90% of the time.

~Aldin, trolling for wounds
But Migol plus 2 squads of dwarves could take down Krug, 2 squads of Arrow Gruts, and 2 Swog Riders.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units