Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old August 27th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Online HS League Champion

Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Bengi wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
A side not for those of you who have played Quarriors, does the 1st player seem to have a huge advantage in most games, especially with culling?
What I have found in probably over 40 plays, is that the player to cull first has a distinct advantage. It's not as much about going first as it is getting that lucky 2 assistant activation roll where you will most likely have at least one survive. Once 1-2 players have had a chance to cull they start pulling away. In a couple of 3 player games 2 of the players got to cull fairly early and kept building the lead while I was stuck. I could buy expensive stuff but I always had so many dice and nothing ever survived. A negative about the game is that once you start winning, you can continue to do so fairly easily. It's hard to come back when your opponent has a more refined dice pool than you. You (the one without a cull), can keep having the horrible starting pool of 6 dice.
I've only played 6 or so times but in just about all of those games who ever started culling / winning first kind of jumped ahead and never looked back.

One "rule" I was thinking of implementing is, you can only cull if you are not ahead in points. Thoughts?
In a game of this length, I don't see it as a big problem. The fact that the person that is winning, usually wins is not a big deal to me. I don't see too many games going more than 30 min, so if you lose, play again. It will make the comebacks that much more exciting. This game is a dice rolling game, not a euro or hardcore strategy game, so roll with it
I have heard many things about this game and it interests me. I'm not sure if I have the need to buy it though.
It's a good game to open or close a game night, but not one to base a night around.
Old August 27th, 2011, 04:10 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Just wrapped up 3 player Dixit with both kids, and the little sister beat KidScaper and myself. Which is a big for a game, when that can happen and everyone's still having fun.

I misplaced the rules but I *think* I remembered the 3p variant correctly: the storyteller puts in his one card, each other player puts in two, and the hand size is seven instead of six. So the pool of cards is five every turn.

It was fun, playing with the kids, but 4p is a better game.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 27th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

We've been doing Summoner Wars and Heroica mostly. Had some great tight SuW games with my son. I love how those games usually work out as close as they do.
Old August 27th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Two games of Summoner Wars last night. I eeked out two close victories.

The more I play it, the more I realize how much depth and fun the game is to play. And now that there are 14 factions, plus expansions and mercenaries, the game has loads of replay value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old August 27th, 2011, 05:58 PM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart

I also got in a couple games of Summoner Wars last night after not having played it for a long time. I agree with those of you that say this game just gets better the more you play it and get to try out the different factions.

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6
Old August 27th, 2011, 07:33 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

My brother came over today and I taught him a couple of games. I'll keep it short and sweet...

2x Battleball
He was victorious against me with the Iron Wolves and then against my girlfriend as the Black Hearts.

2x Dominion
I was victorious in both games with the scores 34, 33, 28 and then 41, 36, 31.

1x Ascension
My girlfriend took the victory with the scores as 70, 61, 58.

1x Citadels
My brother took the win with the scores as 30, 21, 18.

Tomorrow's going to be a definite game day at our house waiting for the tropical storms to pass. To any scapers in the area and our neighbors in the New England states, stay safe...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old August 27th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just finished a game of Diplomacy. I hadn't played it face-to-face for about 20 years. Ended up in a shared 3-way victory too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 27th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Got in another game of C3G Superscape. Just barely squeaked this one out against my nephew. Lots of fun!

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 27th, 2011, 11:44 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

One more game day on the island before we all batten down for the hurricane.

Quarriors x2
Monsters Menace America
Tichu
Nexus Ops
Venture
Bizzare

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old August 28th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Today -

Ascencion - Beat the 6 year old.

Dragon Dice - The Coral Elves beat the Amazons.

Omen - Beat the 6 year old!

Catacombs - The hydra won with 3 HP left.

7 Wonders - Won with a battle heavy area.

In a Pickle - Yeah more non-gamers...

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 28th, 2011, 01:18 AM
the Teirible

Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby! Eirikr rolls all skulls baby!

Finally got to play, and finish, a game of Twilight Imperium today. It was a long game but the time flew buy and it was a load of fun. I look forward to playing it again soon so I can really solidify the rules in my brain. Defianately one of my favourites.

HeroScape is back Baby! Whoo Hoo!!!
Old August 28th, 2011, 11:22 AM

wdgrant knows what's in an order marker wdgrant knows what's in an order marker

Yesterday, we played a few games. Notre Dame was the first. It is a decent little game and I enjoyed it. Next was I'm the Boss! I really enjoy this game and had fun, but there were a player or two who just didn't enjoy it. This wasn't their style of game.

The big end to the evening was a six-player game of Dune. It ran long, but had some great moments and came down to a fantastic final few turns.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games