Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old July 22nd, 2018, 11:01 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

I came close to backing a couple projects, Tang Garden and Black Sonata, but ended up passing. I am becoming far more selective in my game purchases, and find that I've almost completely returned to my war gaming roots.

I'm waiting for Worthington time finally release the next Band of Brothers game, The Old Breed, which takes the system to the Pacific Theater.

Anyway, it's been more than a year since I visited here and thought I'd post to say hello.
Old July 23rd, 2018, 08:29 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

With Startropolis I'm up to 5 total (Street fighter, Fireball Island and 2 dexterity games - Gravity warfare and Rise of the Exiled).

I'm liking Kickstarter for those unique and interesting games which are simple enough to play but have a cool WOW factor that is easy to miss when browsing a typical game store. They might not be great games, but they are definitely fun. And looking at what's on my Board game all time wish list I only have 3 games and 3 expansions left to purchase.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old August 9th, 2018, 07:37 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I will probably back CVN's next game on Kickstarter when it comes out in October. I will also probably back the new Hero Realms expansions whenever they come out. And that will probably be enough Kickstarter for me this year.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old August 9th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
I came close to backing a couple projects, Tang Garden and Black Sonata, but ended up passing. I am becoming far more selective in my game purchases, and find that I've almost completely returned to my war gaming roots.

I'm waiting for Worthington time finally release the next Band of Brothers game, The Old Breed, which takes the system to the Pacific Theater.

Anyway, it's been more than a year since I visited here and thought I'd post to say hello.
I have also become very much more selective in games I buy. I have totally stopped buying board games, and have pretty much exclusively been buying tabletop miniatures games and terrain for them. I've done a lot of miniatures painting over the past few years and find that the hobby aspect that goes with the playing aspect, has become my passion.

I have gotten into Halo Ground Command, Frostgrave, Guild Ball, Infinity, The Walking Dead All Out War miniatures game, Star Wars Legion, Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago, The Drowned Earth, Gaslands, Rumbleslam, and just preordered the Fallout Wasteland Warfare 2 player starter set.

I'll play board games with my group, but the excitement of buying or kickstarting them isn't there.

I do have Ghost Panzer from the Worthington Band of Brothers series, but haven't gotten it played and am planning on selling it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old September 6th, 2018, 07:27 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I'm Kickstarting Alien Frontiers Factions Definitive Edition, due June 2019. I just got the old 4th Edition of the Core Game and got its other large expansion The Outer Belt (and Expansion Pack #7 that relates to it) online.

The new Factions box consolidates the old Factions expansion plus all the others that have come out since, in later expansion packs and promo offerings, plus a new faction--for a total of 14 factions. This also includes all of the (hidden) Agenda Cards that were part of these expansions.

After this purchase I will be "game complete," except for the Purple player components (the Orange components came with The Outer Belt). While originally the orange was the Fifth Player offered and Purple the Sixth, I will have enough for five players, unless I search out the purple set as well.
Old September 6th, 2018, 11:53 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

But will this purchase bring your status to Games Complete?
Old September 6th, 2018, 12:15 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Technically no. But all I will be missing will be 6th player components, and many posters have said they don't even like to play it with more than 4 players, although others disagree. I think I will be content with what I have, as least for some time.

Since the 5th Ed. board is not a perfect match up with the supplemantal board for the old Outer Belt, as my 4th Edition is, this OB expansion may be redone after the Faction one as well. Or purple components may be offered in the future separately at some point, and I'll get them then.
Old September 6th, 2018, 08:39 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I will probably back CVN's next game on Kickstarter when it comes out in October. I will also probably back the new Hero Realms expansions whenever they come out. And that will probably be enough Kickstarter for me this year.
I said this, but now I'm very tempted to be a late backer on the new Thunderstone game.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 21st, 2018, 11:01 AM

A new one I'm considering was just sent on the boardgamegeek weekly "magazine" post: WORLD OF MYTHOLOGY: KING OF THE HILL.

Here's the Kickstarter link:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...eid=f067a01fb0

You play a mythic hero questing for items, building temples, and having dice battles on a game board. Gods, Heroes, and Items appear from the Greek, Norse, Egyptian, Slavic, Indian, and "Mixed" (Chinese, Japanese, Aztec, Yoruba, Inuit, etc.) If you follow one of several paths to qualify for the Central Hill, you fight a final battle against everyone else. Should enough Dark Matter be used, Cthulhu rises, and his controller fights everyone else for his own victory or a team win against him!

Last edited by chas; September 22nd, 2018 at 04:28 AM.
Old September 21st, 2018, 12:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That's pretty tempting even though I swore off any new Kickstarter games for a while.
Old September 21st, 2018, 01:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That looks really cool!
Too bad there is no Anubis or Set, though the Anubite makes for a good substitute.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 04:22 AM

Seth is apparently a cognate for Set, and the French version. I discovered this recently when checking out the upcoming "Seth" expansion for Kemet (Metagot--Essen Show, late October). I don't like it, because it sounds too Biblical, but there it is. Anyhow, 12 more gods (2 per pantheon) may appear for World of Mythology: King of the Hill if Kickstarter stretch goals are reached (I'm rooting for Athena).

I had similar difficulties trying to help translate ancient myth names from French to English during the rules editing for Mare Nostrum, where Atlantis became "Atlas," despite my comments, and despite the original version being Atlantis! I almost had Academy Games convinced, and then they switched back. But I was able to make other changes which stuck...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games