Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 28th, 2013, 11:27 AM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!
Cincinnati Sat. 5/11/13 Format-Apaloza-Mania Tournament

Cincinnati Format-Apaloza-Mania Tournament Sat. 5/11/13

Date: Saturday, May 11, 2013

Time: 10:30ish AM to 5ish PM

10:30-11:30 - Setup/Registration
11:30-12:20 - Round 1
12:30-1:20 - Round 2
1:30-2:20 - Round 3
2:20-2:40 - Longer break (food, RR, etc.)
2:40-3:30 - Round 4
3:40-4:30 - Round 5
4:30-5:00 - Prizes/ clean up

Sci-Fi City, Cincinnati (Northgate Mall by Macy's, Exit 33 off I-275)
9527 Colerain Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45251
Store Phone: 513-245-9105

Concept:
Thank/ blame Wookie for the idea

Bring one 485 point (or less) army (must contain at least one hero), 24 start spaces, partial card scoring.

C3V and SoV Figures WILL be allowed, although Marvel will not.

Format-apaloza-mania will consist of a different format each round!

Round 1: Kill 'Em All: Just go at it!
Round 2: Capture the Flag (Variation): Each player will have one Brandar's Chest glyph that will be given to a hero at the beginning of the game. Controlling both Chests will automatically win the game!
Round 3: Fog of War: All ranged attacks and abilities are divided in half and rounded down!
Round 4: Treasure Quest: Secure 3 of 5 Treasure Glyphs to win!
Round 5: Reverse the Whip: You and your opponent switch armies!

Maps:

Spoiler Alert!

Treasure Glyph Pool:
Spoiler Alert!

Entry fee/Prizes: No entry fee. If you provide a prize for the prize table, you can pick out one at the end. The top player will pick from the prize table first, etc. Prizes can be anything...Heroscape related, other games or even a gift certificate to somewhere. Sci-Fi City is a full-service game store, and they would probably appreciate your patronage since they are allowing us to use their space.

Need Extra Figures? I have nearly everything, except the most rare units. Let me know what you need (PM me so everyone doesn't know what you're bringing!), and if we're not using it we'll be happy to bring it for you to use!

Attendees:
( ). Johnnylama (I will be available to play if needed to round out pairs).
1. Mooseman
2. Storm Shadow
3. Father of Julian
4. Wookie
5. TheAverageFan
6. +1 with TheAverageFan
7. Captain Awesome
8. Yogurt

Possibles:
+1 more with TheAverageFan
Odin_Osgard

Total including possibles: 10

Changes from the Last Tournament:
Not much! It's been a while! I've been busy. If anyone else wants to run some between mine, feel free. Sci-Fi City has been very generous with their space.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song

Last edited by Johnnylama; May 10th, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Cincinnati Sat. 5/11/13 Format-Apaloza-Mania Tournament

Heck yeah! Put me down!!!
Old March 28th, 2013, 01:56 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Me definitely, 4 possibles.
Old March 28th, 2013, 02:47 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Storm shadow, foj & I are interested.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old March 28th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quick question. Are you considering allowing HoSS? They are hard a work for a release May 4th (May the 4th be with you!!) so it would be releases in time for the tournament. In case you haven't heard of them, they are a group like C3V and C3G, but they have a cooler acronym and they do Star Wars. They go through the same process as the C3V and C3G, so I thought I would throw that out there.
Old March 29th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Also, could I proxie Tarn Vikings as Dreadgulls? I'm sorry is I'm being difficult here feel free to shoot down either one of those questions.
Old March 30th, 2013, 06:21 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orgsbane View Post
Quick question. Are you considering allowing HoSS? They are hard a work for a release May 4th (May the 4th be with you!!) so it would be releases in time for the tournament. In case you haven't heard of them, they are a group like C3V and C3G, but they have a cooler acronym and they do Star Wars. They go through the same process as the C3V and C3G, so I thought I would throw that out there.
Hmmm... I haven't heard of them, but I'll look into it. Right now I'm going to say no because I'm not sure how familiar people are with them, but I'll consider it for next time.

Quote:
Also, could I proxie Tarn Vikings as Dreadgulls? I'm sorry is I'm being difficult here feel free to shoot down either one of those questions.
I don't see a big problem with that, as long as you don't have Tarns as well. How many squads? I think I have at least 2 of the 3 D&D figs used in the Dreadgulls, so maybe I could scrape together at least one squad.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
Old March 31st, 2013, 02:23 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

I wouldn't use the Tarns. I believe I'm taking 3 squads. I'm considering Jotun, Dreadgulls x3, Airborne Elites. It would be a fun build!
Old April 5th, 2013, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I wouldn't use the Tarns. I believe I'm taking 3 squads. I'm considering Jotun, Dreadgulls x3, Airborne Elites. It would be a fun build!
I don't have a problem with it.

Old April 6th, 2013, 10:25 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

If I make it, I can probably lend you some Raiders. I need to check my collection. The Human Bandit is the hardest to find. I have also considered on playing them.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old April 7th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Sign me and one, maybe two others up--we'll be there!

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old April 7th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Will Paint For naGrub...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
If I make it, I can probably lend you some Raiders. I need to check my collection. The Human Bandit is the hardest to find. I have also considered on playing them.
That would be great! I would only need two squads. If you want to play them, feel free to. It's quite alright.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events