Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 18th, 2006, 06:08 PM

primal has disabled reputation
NC Skirmish

tomorrow morning.....august 19th.....a mist will cover the land......(my daughter with the bug spray, she hates them).................furry beasts will prowl....(my 3 cats and shiftless, lazy, speed-bump dog)..............the undergrowth will shift...........(I need to weed the flowerbeds, it is rediculous) and then at 11:30 a.m..................NC Skirmish!
well, I tried to make it sound cool. Noodles is driving down to casa del Primal to play with my 'scapers and I.
I am going to make the 4 island maps, using the teleporter tiles that I painted:, 1 island fortress (with excellent castle set), 1 wicked Lava island, 1 glacier-covered island and finally, 1 island dominated by a tremendous lake. I believe there will be 4 or 5 or us, Demo, Jeanie, Denny, Noodles and myself. well, I will post a full report here on saturday night. I know saturday nights alright for fightin', but I would like to think that afternoon will suffice in a pinch.
good luck all.

the North Carolina Semi-Hex Annual Skirmish. old school style.
Old August 18th, 2006, 10:42 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
i'll be there too
Old August 18th, 2006, 10:57 PM

I really hope that the tasty treat with the hat on it shows up too, I have plenty of hot and a few mild sauces!

Old August 19th, 2006, 09:48 PM

Today was a Good Day.............a Good Day.
NCSkirmish '06 was fantastic. straight up, NEVER have I had this much fun playing this game. I have come close, but this was the BEST day of Heroscape that I have had, period.
I have a couple of photos to post, I actually lost one of them somewhere in the ether-verse.
here is a shot of the players:

[img]
from left to right, let's meet the players: on the far left, that is JT from Raliegh , NC. then next to him, 2nd to left is Demo Doug from Greensboro, NC. in the middle, thats me, the big bald Prime-time. next to me, 4th from left is AmishBurrito himself (Corey from Raliegh, NC). 2nd from the right is Jeanie, from High Point, NC and all of the way over to the right is NOODLES! (Steven from Greensboro, NC).[/img]

this was an excellent group to play Heroscape with, Corey helped us with some rules clarifications that we were somehow messing up. Corey, JT and Steven are all very cool, very bright guys. Jeanie and Demo are from my regular game group, so I know they are good. It is very refreshing to know that Heroscapers are cool people, We all connect on a lot of levels. We have the game to talk about at first, then the picking begins, and the jokes, and then We are all like long-lost pals.
on to the play by play: Game 1 was a 5 man FFA. Jeanie and I (like a couple of knotheads) drafted 400 pt. armies for a 500 pt. each game. I had the Ninjas of the broken wind, Tagawa Samurai, Thorgrim and Realin.
I swear I didn't roll squat. Demo had Q-9, a cool custom spellcaster and a squad of Deathstalkers, the new Amazon-elf babes, Microcorp agents, Noodles (Steven) had Moresbane, Saylind, Aubrien Archers, Nee-Gok-Sa and Syvvaris, Jeanie had DW 8K, Dumutef, Me-Burq-Sa, Marro Warriors, some Minions and Guilty McCreach, AmishBurrito (hereby refered to as AB or Corey) had Blastatrons, Gladiatrons, Airborne Elite, Krav Maga Agents and Izumi Samurai. (JT missed the first game)
the Map/Maps: as I said earlier, I make a huge 4 island map with hand-painted teleporter hexes on each island. The way the teleporters are set up, you have to visit each island to get to everyone. Straight up, this takes a LONG time to play because you have to slough through water to 5 turns to get to a teleporter in the middle of a huge lake, you have to go across heavy snow and slippery ice to get to one, and you have to go inside the freaking castle to get to another. as the game turned out, Corey dropped his Airborne onto the castle wall-walk straight away, and then he went after Doug with a vengeance with the gladiatron/blastatron combo. I was on the lava island, and I had teleporters to both Doug's island and to Steven's frozen winter wonderland. Jeanie started on the island of the long lake. well, I will say this: Doug came through the teleporter and he smashed my samurai and Realin. my ninjas went through to the frozen island and Steven made them into sushi with Nee-Gok-Sa. not too good. Jeanie made it through to Steven's island and lost her Marros, Steven was rolling good with his Aubriens and Syvvaris until Jeanie's Minions came in there. Elf-meat all around. Steven ended up with Morebane on top of a mountain with Saylind, cleaned up Jeanie and made a run for the long lake island. it came down to Saylind killing Me-Burq-Sa and chilling until Doug got Q-9 over there. as that epic battle was going on, Doug cleaned up most of my guys, he and Corey went at it hammer and tongs on the castle island. Jeanie teleported DW 8k over to Corey's, and Corey beat the fire out of anything she threw at him.
I the end of game 1, as the smoke cleared, Corey won decisively, with Steven coming in 2nd, Doug in 3rd, Jeanie next to last and Primal watching and shaking my head. Corey rocked it, and Doug was comeback player of the day!

Game 2 (which we didn't get to finish sadly)

JT joined in and We decided to take out the 2 middle islands and combine the long lake island and the castle island. 2 of the players would defend the castle and 4 would assault. I was on the assault team with Doug, JT and Corey- Jeanie and Steven stood defiantly in defense of the castle.
We decided to take 250 pts. each in the interest of clock-managment. (if we didn't manage to finish up Mrs. Primal would beat Mr. Primal, ha ha)
well, our assault force started to attack the castle and while I was waiting for my next turn I was slowly disassembling the map areas that we had left.
here is what it was looking like as it was going:
[img]
[/img]
cool. anyway, We had some good guys down there,the Nakita Agents were there, Dead-Eye Dan, Mimring, Drake Alexander, a Swog Rider, some Gladiatron/Blastatrons, Guilty and several others.
We put a few glyphs out there to make things different, and We got a summon glyph, summoned Syvvaris and beat his silly green cape off.
anyway, it ended up with Drake smashing the door off, Mimring torching some Omicrons (deadly from the tower, believe it), Dead-Eye sniping guys like crazy, Omicrons making soulborg swiss-chees from up high and then it all ended with Primal saying "We need to stop, guys. I don't want to die" of course, We started at 11:40 and I called quits at 5:50. We snapped a picture for the report here, and then everyone headed out to points unknown. Doug hung around for a bit and went out to dinner with me and the family. all we talked about was our day, playing Heroscape with some of the coolest people around. I have a healthy respect for Corey (AmishBurrito), Steven (Noodles), JT (JT) Jeanie and Demo Doug.
AmishBurrito wins the NCSkirmish for '06, and Without a doubt, this kind of thing is what being a Heroscaper is all about.

Old August 20th, 2006, 12:15 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Wow, what a day of scaping!

First of all let me say that everybody I met today was awesome. Amish Burrito opened my eyes up to the huge flaw in my understanding of the lava rules....lava just got so much cooler.... And the guy looked spot on like a friend I have in GA which kept tripping me out while we were playing. Primal you were a great host and I think you did the right thing by stopping the last game. The door had blown open and we were about to get slaughtered as we 'fly to the angels'. That's a tribute to the choice of music for the day. And dude - you totally sold me on the dice towers. Those things rocked! Demo Doug - what an intense competitor! - that guy wants to win bad. He's a good strategist so I may have been fortunate to come in 2nd. Great guy. JT you were cool as shizzle as wezzle. Too bad you didn't get in that first game but know that I would have killed Mimring if I had 1 more turn! Jeanie - thank you so much for the chinese food. We did the best we could with that castle....who knew Dead Eye Dan would sit out of our castle defense range and pick off our guys on the battlements one by one? That guy won the game for them because our Omincron Snipers were badazzes up there with their 2 dice bonus and double skulls.

Overall one of the funnest times I've ever played. We'll definitely have to do it again and very soon we're going to have one hell of a castle to play with....

I definitely have about 3-6 friends that on any given Saturday may be willing to play if you ever wanted to have a single massive team/FFA game as opposed to 2 games.

Thanks again! Playing with wave 5 / tundra / lava / castles all on the same map made my freakin month.

Amish and JT - dont' be strangers man....Raleigh isn't that far.

Oh and Saylind rocks.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old August 20th, 2006, 12:41 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Oh yeah, I totally have a new respect for the blastitrons / gladitron combo. That team was ridonkulous.

Old August 20th, 2006, 09:31 AM

Teamski is surprisingly tart
Great report! It's great to see 'scapers getting together!! Now if I could find that sort of group in my area, I'd be set!!

-Ski
Old August 20th, 2006, 09:33 AM

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Yeah, we should get a big group together. One thing my friends have liked when we have 8 players, is put two identical 1MS maps together and have 2v2 on each one, and then there is another map that connects the two identical ones to the middle, and the remaining figs from the 2v2 battles battle it out in the middle. (This makes you more strategic in conserving figures for the remaining battle, and it doesnt take that long for the middle battle since there wont be many figures left).
Old August 20th, 2006, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
And the guy looked spot on like a friend I have in GA which kept tripping me out while we were playing.
Demo Doug said he thought i looked familiar too, i guess i kinda look like everyone
Old August 20th, 2006, 10:16 AM

countblah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Oh and Saylind rocks.
Stop the presses.
Old August 20th, 2006, 12:32 PM
something

Quote:
Originally Posted by countblah
Quote:
Oh and Saylind rocks.
Stop the presses.
She was great! I used her to fly to the high ground and then I'd summon Morsbane up there to get good line of sight on everybody. I'd fly her to the top of the hill and summon Ne-Gok-Sa so he wouldn't have to climb. When the sh*t started hitting the fan I flew her away and summoned my forces with me. She's invaluable.

Old August 20th, 2006, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by countblah
Quote:
Oh and Saylind rocks.
Stop the presses.
She was great! I used her to fly to the high ground and then I'd summon Morsbane up there to get good line of sight on everybody. I'd fly her to the top of the hill and summon Ne-Gok-Sa so he wouldn't have to climb. When the sh*t started hitting the fan I flew her away and summoned my forces with me. She's invaluable.
and 3A/3D with flying isnt anything to scoff at, noodles used her as a weapon, with summong as a bonus feature, whereas most pople use her as a summoner, and nothing else.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events