Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old May 10th, 2018, 10:09 AM

SinChan is surprisingly tart
3 player maps for scape?

Hello!

I hate to make a new thread for this, since I'm sure it's been asked before and I just can't seem to find it, but I could use some help finding some maps for 3 player heroscape games. The sets I have are:

X1 ROTV
X1 FoTA
X1 BFTU
X1Marvel

As well as both of the arena of the planeswalker master sets if that helps.

Cheers!
Old May 10th, 2018, 11:19 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: 3 player maps for scape?

That's a good question, because truly balanced 3-player maps are hard to find. And you don't have a huge pile of sets to choose from.

I've run multiplayer tournaments for a few years now, and here are the tournament threads. You can look through them to see the three-player maps I've used, though I don't know that any would precisely get within your map requirements.

I flipped through a couple resources and came across this one, which uses swamp but not road. I bet you can riff on it to develop something you can build:

Don't despair when you're looking at maps with trees. You can substitute castle walk for road and uncapped columns for trees where needed, thanks to your FotA. That should open up the doors to many more.

Happy hunting!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 10th, 2018, 12:08 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

See 3 Player Games - Ethics? and 3 Player Maps by everyone - Add yours to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
3 Player maps/scenarios from the All Official Maps & Scenarios compilation:
Deadly Waters at Durgeth Swamps (3 players).
A Desperate Rescue Attempt at Trollsford Swamps.
The Stand at the Wellspring of Obsession
The Fall of the Dumutef Bridge at The Forgotten Forest
The Deadly Frozen Wellspring at Thaelenk Tundra
Ambush at the West Barbican & The Siege of West Barbican
The Battle for Aaryglynn & Total Destruction at Aaryglynn
The Return of the Exiled Defenders at The Outpost of Malodorr Swamp.

Other scenarios and maps are for 3-4 player games but are where everyone drafts the same amount and are kill-them all. the above have special scenarios where one team usually has more points than another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
See Three-player free-for-alls: how to structure them. My revised advice (what I do in multiplayer games):

In FFA games at the end of the round, each player should count up how many players he/she rolled attacked dice against (not used special powers to wound/kill) that round and roll a 20-sided die. Follow the below chart to either wound one of your figures or bring back a squad member or remove a wound from a hero (but not resurrect a hero).
Code:
3 Players (or 4+ after down to 3 players):
Attacked  D20:	0 - 5	6 - 10	11 - 15	16 - 20
0		Wound	Wound	-	-
1		Wound	-	-	Heal
2		-	-	Heal	Heal

4+ Players:
Attacked  D20:	0 - 5	6 - 10	11 - 15	16 - 20
0		Wound	Wound	Wound	-
1		Wound	Wound	-	-
2		Wound	-	-	Heal
3+		-	-	Heal	Heal
Once it is down to 2 players, the wound/heal roll goes away. It makes the game last longer but stops turtling, and people go out of their way to attack 2 or 3 different players a round. Squads/bonders and multiple special attackers usually end up splitting which players they attack. Truces still form between 2 players but they don't last long (say until a dragon or Q9 from another player is dead).

My original idea:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 29th, 2018 at 12:28 PM.
Old May 13th, 2018, 02:11 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I agree with Dad_Scaper - free build a 3-player map with an existing map serving as a model . . .

I bet you can riff on it to develop something you can build:

Don't despair when you're looking at maps with trees. You can substitute castle walk for road and uncapped columns for trees where needed, thanks to your FotA. That should open up the doors to many more. ~ Dad_Scaper

if you must. It might be more enjoyable for everyone, if 1 player uses 2 sets of OMs to run 2 armies against the other 2 players as a team, with 1 set of OMs apiece, on a 2- (sharing a start zone) or 4-player map.

P.S.: Here's a map to riff on, with the sets you have. You could put Evergreens where the Jungle is - or totally rearrange the center.

Last edited by kolakoski; May 13th, 2018 at 02:44 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios