Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Old February 25th, 2016, 01:06 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
AotP at Gencon 2016

Just a heads up: We will have some AotP events at Gencon this year, run simultaneously with our Heroscape events.

Hope to see you there!

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 03:35 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!
Re: AotP at Gencon 2016

Do you have any more details on what sorts of events you'll be offering?
Old March 2nd, 2016, 08:48 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Still waiting on some approvals, but something close to 16-man tournaments, 500 points, on heroscape hex maps instead of the flat board. (Basically, we'll set aside some maps at some times for AotP.)

It's not taking away from Heroscape, just filling in on some of the less attended time-slots, and hopefully attracting some new players.

I don't always use custom units, but when I do I use Sherman Davies Marvel customs.
Old March 2nd, 2016, 11:04 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Exciting news.

AotP games are a lot shorter than HS games. Will the event have more rounds/be shorter to make up for this?
Old March 3rd, 2016, 03:45 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
...instead of the flat cardboard...
Taking MtG to the truly next dimension
Old March 3rd, 2016, 11:45 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Great! This is terrific news. I'm thrilled you guys could get it worked out, fomox.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 3rd, 2016, 11:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Great idea. I won't be there, but please share/link the formats for our local use. We've been slow to play the game here as is before the next expansion is due out in the Fall. Good luck with them.

I have also already spoken of the game with some new gamer contacts, and they have played it, and so are more ready for regular Heroscape/Superscape. So its actually a good way to recruit "by the back door."
Old March 3rd, 2016, 02:31 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Definitely agree about AoTP being quicker, and on that note I'd suggest 600 points instead of 500. It doesn't increase game length by very much because the teams are still so reliant on Planeswalkers, but bumping to 600 allows for a little bit of team building.

I may potentially be coming for GenCon to help out at the On The Lamb games booth and would definitely try to join the AOTP tourney if I make it
Old March 3rd, 2016, 05:40 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My input (having never been to Gencon): Wait until expansion #2 is released. With 3 sets you can actually develop some deck/team building strategies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 5th, 2016, 11:28 AM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
My input (having never been to Gencon): Wait until expansion #2 is released. With 3 sets you can actually develop some deck/team building strategies.
Yeah, the first expansion helped a bit in terms of army/deck-building and diversity, but really only if you're using the blue/green planeswalker or the Eldrazi.

When the game gets another expansion or two (if gamers are still interested at that point - Hurry up, Has!) then construction will really take off.

For the record, though, the first expansion upping the standard army to 600 points didn't really help army building since the new unit in each color was priced at 100 points.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old March 6th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe it'll have a multicolor Isamu/Otonoshi unit to fill in the point gaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old March 6th, 2016, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
For the record, though, the first expansion upping the standard army to 600 points didn't really help army building since the new unit in each color was priced at 100 points.
It's not a -ton- but the Eldrazi Squad/Hero and Kiora open up some variety at 600 points

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News