Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Notices

Old February 9th, 2018, 09:30 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Exclamation URGENT - Gencon housing only if Badge purchased by midnight

There is a housing lottery for all affiliated hotels in area, you can only get into lottery if you buy Gencon badges by 11:59 pm February 9. You could still get housing outside of lottery but it may cost $200-$300 more. Order Badges today unless you have a friend to stay with.

See Gencon Housing terms of service
Old February 9th, 2018, 09:58 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!
Re: URGENT - Gencon housing only if Badge purchased by midni

Hi. Stupid question, I've never been to any event let alone something as big as this seems. What is this event? It sounds fun. From the urgency of this message it seems I need to figure out if I am to go or not by today.

Keep doing what you're doing, but do it better. ~Self

Classic Card Scans & Tourney Map Building Requirements Excel Sheet
Old February 9th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsbuzzi View Post
Hi. Stupid question, I've never been to any event let alone something as big as this seems. What is this event? It sounds fun. From the urgency of this message it seems I need to figure out if I am to go or not by today.
www.gencon.com

The largest Convention in the US. Bunch of games and non-game events happening up in Indy in August.
Old February 9th, 2018, 10:06 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
GenCon is a large scale tabletop gaming convention. It hosts many different games/genres and has things like demos and stuff. To the best of my knoweledge it’s like E3 (which is for video games) but for board games.

Plus, there is an annual HS tournement there with several formats.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 9th, 2018, 10:55 AM

itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby! itsbuzzi rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
www.gencon.com

The largest Convention in the US. Bunch of games and non-game events happening up in Indy in August.
I looked on the website but couldn't find anything specific so that's why I asked here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
GenCon is a large scale tabletop gaming convention. It hosts many different games/genres and has things like demos and stuff. To the best of my knoweledge it’s like E3 (which is for video games) but for board games.

Plus, there is an annual HS tournement there with several formats.
I assumed it was like E3 for board game but this was the kicker I was looking for. What do prices usually go for? I see you need a badge, food and sleep obviously, then once in you may pay for more things just trying to see if I can budget a visit.

Old February 9th, 2018, 02:41 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I have no idea @itsbuzzi . Maybe ome of the GenCon regulars will chime in?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 9th, 2018, 03:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You can still find housing outside downtown after Sunday. It just means you'll be driving in, and struggling to find places to park, during the day. It's not urgent, yet.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 9th, 2018, 04:33 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

4 day badge is $110. Cheepest hotel through lottery I think is $100/night, more like $150-250 if walking distance, which if you split 4 ways for 4 nights equals 1 day rate a person. Factor in $80-150 for food/drinks, $50 for event badges, and for most people $50-$500 for “I have to buy this game” in the dealer hall. So minimum $400 for weekend per person (not counting travel) usually more. You can get hotels 15-30 min driving away for cheaper but then you have to pay $10-15/day for parking (split 3/4 ways isn’t bad).

I live 2 hours by car away and have a friend who’s folks and grandma live in the area so I pay for his badge in trade for staying with his family, and is cheaper for me and way cheap for him (he just pays gas).

You can also volunteer for Heroscapers or Gencon to get a free badge but expect to work at least 8 event hours, and even free hotel (at Heroscapers GM discretion) if you work 20+ hours

Not 100% but main event usually has room for at least 72 people and there are a dozen 4+ hour Heroscaper events over the weekend, not to mention 1000s of other games and events. Expensive, but worth it in most people’s eyes as long as you have the time to go.
Old February 9th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
You can also volunteer for Heroscapers or Gencon to get a free badge but expect to work at least 8 event hours.
Spots as such "volunteers" are not guaranteed, of course, and are not issued "first come first served." If you want to go to GenCon, the best way is to buy a badge.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 9th, 2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
You can still find housing outside downtown after Sunday. It just means you'll be driving in, and struggling to find places to park, during the day. It's not urgent, yet.
I was thinking Uber if I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
4 day badge is $110. Cheepest hotel through lottery I think is $100/night, more like $150-250 if walking distance, which if you split 4 ways for 4 nights equals 1 day rate a person. Factor in $80-150 for food/drinks, $50 for event badges, and for most people $50-$500 for “I have to buy this game” in the dealer hall. So minimum $400 for weekend per person (not counting travel) usually more. You can get hotels 15-30 min driving away for cheaper but then you have to pay $10-15/day for parking (split 3/4 ways isn’t bad).

I live 2 hours by car away and have a friend who’s folks and grandma live in the area so I pay for his badge in trade for staying with his family, and is cheaper for me and way cheap for him (he just pays gas).

You can also volunteer for Heroscapers or Gencon to get a free badge but expect to work at least 8 event hours, and even free hotel (at Heroscapers GM discretion) if you work 20+ hours

Not 100% but main event usually has room for at least 72 people and there are a dozen 4+ hour Heroscaper events over the weekend, not to mention 1000s of other games and events. Expensive, but worth it in most people’s eyes as long as you have the time to go.
Wow that was all of the information I ever wanted thank you so much. Sounds like you have your plan all set up, sounds great. I was planning other trips this year and I'm not sure if this would fit into my budget. I am interested in that volunteer option if I could try that, where do I sign up there?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con