Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

View Poll Results: Who will win?
The Bad Guys 0 0%
The Not So Bad Guys 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 21st, 2016, 05:54 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Raid on the New Hindenberg! - Who Will Win?

Well met!

Although there are only 9 days 'til departure, I'm still revising the map/scenario (see
Heroscape Traveller - The Final Map?). [Clearly, the answer is "no."]
On that map, it was all about flyers and tossing units into space (see Preliminary Battle Report). So, yet again, a new map/scenario. Who will win?

Raid on the New Hindenburg!

The New Hindenberg

The Map. The New Hindenburg is a futuristic sky liner [an ocean liner in the sky, duh!]. The map represents the interior at the lowest level (bottom) of the ship (the "Ballroom). The battlements delineate the (impenetrable) boundaries of the interior. The sky spaces inside represent a transparent floor. Tossing of units into space is thus not possible in this scenario. The Start Zones are the 14 spaces outside the Ballroom. They represent the Raiders' ships, moored to the New Hindenburg. Players may not enter or attack units in the opposing Start Zone.

The Raiders.
Two players playing a combined two Teams apiece (The Bad Guys versus The Not So Bad Guys) or four players (each playing a Team, two as The Bad Guys and two as The Not So Bad Guys).

The Teams. The Teams are as set out below:

The Bad Guys.

The Wrath of Khan.
Mandarin, Iron Monger [or Venom], Swordsman

A Big Hand for the Little Lady.
Hand Ninja x 2, Lady Deathstrike, Mister Hyde

The Not So Bad Guys.

The Dead Pool.

Deadpool, Scarlet Spider, Black Widow

Phantom of the Paradise.
Fantomex [or Iron Fist], Blade
, Spider-Woman

Victory Conditions. The side with the most points remaining inside the Ballroom at the end of 10 Rounds wins.

P.S.: Not my first ship . . .

Last edited by kolakoski; November 22nd, 2016 at 10:31 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2016, 05:21 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Raid on the New Hindenberg! - Who Will Win?

Well met!

Don't forget the Unit Pool!

Old November 24th, 2016, 12:59 PM

Well met!

Played a few Rounds solo last night. With Fantomex, Deadpool, and Black Widow, the Not So Bad Guys clearly outgun the Bad Guys. The jury's still out on whether they have too much of an advantage. How would you guys play them? Clean up? Aggressively from the beginning?

In any event, I'll pack some alternatives.

I'm thinking of repainting this guy (again), and using him as a proxy for Iron Patriot.

Alternate teams:

The Bad Guys.

The Wrath of Khan.
Mandarin, Venom, Swordsman

Lady Deathstrike, Iron Patriot, Iron Monger

Old November 24th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

TNSBG for the win.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 24th, 2016, 10:24 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
TNSBG for the win.
Did you decide before or after the previous post?

That being said, and "
IP [being a top notch addition," which group do you think will win now?

Old November 25th, 2016, 07:04 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pretty much a vote for Deadpool and his ability to survive and dish it out.

I am bad enough at guessing kill 'em all matches, these victory condition scenarios are even harder for my theory'scape to process.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old November 28th, 2016, 11:50 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

That's not his favorite scenario, but Iron Patriot is a pretty strong figure. Chaotic Leadership may prevent Lady Deathstrike from getting to heal, though.

Fun unit pool, even if it's proving a little lop-sided. Swordsman is one I haven't used in a long time that you've got me wanting to field again.
Old November 29th, 2016, 12:06 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
That's not his favorite scenario, but Iron Patriot is a pretty strong figure. Chaotic Leadership may prevent Lady Deathstrike from getting to heal, though.

Fun unit pool, even if it's proving a little lop-sided. Swordsman is one I haven't used in a long time that you've got me wanting to field again.
Please explain . . .

The Ballroom of the New Hindenburg

I often forget to put the X on Lady Deathstrike. Fortunately, the Gang is lenient.

The map and units have changed numerous times, the last time was when I discovered that the
Not So Bad Guys were fielding 700 point teams versus the Bad Guys' 670. The current teams are below.

I. The Bad Guys.

The Wrath of Khan.
Mandarin, Venom, Swordsman

Hand Ninja x 2, Lady Deathstrike, Mister Hyde

or

II. The Bad Guys.

The Wrath of Khan.
Mandarin,
Iron Monger, Swordsman

Patriot Games.
Lady Deathstrike, Iron Patriot,
Diablo

The Not So Bad Guys.

The Dead Pool.

Deadpool, Scarlet Spider, Spider-Girl

Madam X.

X-23, Blade, Batman

Last edited by kolakoski; November 29th, 2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old November 29th, 2016, 05:53 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4]
Well met!

Quote:

Please explain . . .
Iron Patriot's a bit of a vulture. His stats are high enough that he's not doomed if he has to mix it up with the enemy's mid-level heroes, but you want to keep him relatively safe (especially since he can punish you for putting OMs on your other cards). He also likes having some nice soft targets to pick on for Master Motivator.

I think the updates you made to the map and the slight toning-down of the Not So Bad Guys work to his favor. X-23 gives him another enemy that's not too big on defense, and as a ranged flier he likes having more height around.

The "lop-sided" comment was just a remark on your results, re: the Not So Bad Guys outgunning the Bad Guys in your soloscaping.
Old November 29th, 2016, 06:36 PM

Well met!

Quote:

Iron Patriot's a bit of a vulture. His stats are high enough that he's not doomed if he has to mix it up with the enemy's mid-level heroes, but you want to keep him relatively safe (especially since he can punish you for putting OMs on your other cards). He also likes having some nice soft targets to pick on for Master Motivator.

I think the updates you made to the map and the slight toning-down of the Not So Bad Guys work to his favor. X-23 gives him another enemy that's not too big on defense, and as a ranged flier he likes having more height around.

The "lop-sided" comment was just a remark on your results, re: the Not So Bad Guys outgunning the Bad Guys in your soloscaping.
I thought as much regarding "lop-sided."

I'm doing more proxying than I originally intended. War Machine was added to beef up the Not So Bad Guys (I think I'll call them the Better Guys from now on) if needed (saw what you saw). Would a team consisting of
Iron Man (Mark IV) (Tony Stark), Moon Knight (Marc Spector), and War Machine (James Rhodes) be too much? I really like Hawkeye and Moon Knight for their price, and hoped to find a way to work them in . . .

Old November 29th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Symbiotic

War Machine is a strong figure, but he shouldn't be crazy in that army. He only really gets nasty with other defensive figures, tossers that can move figures in and out of Chain Gun range, and that kind of thing. That build should be fine.
Old November 29th, 2016, 10:19 PM

Well met!

Quote:
War Machine is a strong figure, but he shouldn't be crazy in that army. He only really gets nasty with other defensive figures, tossers that can move figures in and out of Chain Gun range, and that kind of thing. That build should be fine.
Iron Man's Repulsor Beam can move figures. Fortunately, the figure movers are mostly guys he'd never work with. [Not that it's ever stopped me in the past.]

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy