Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 6th, 2009, 09:53 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!
Re: The book of Granite Guardians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualahorn View Post
Has there been an official ruling on this?
Not yet, though I'd bet my Wave 10 order that you can't.

Paging Rules Team... "You have no power here, killercactus the Grey!"
Have you guys looked at Sgt Drake's history and FAQ? He's been Grappling for years now. Has this come up before?
I did look in RotV Drake's Book, but didn't see anything there addressing this issue. I searched and didn't see anything that jumped out at me. Though admittedly I didn't look in the FAQ....

I don't really see the need for clarification here, though. Both Drake and the GG's say they can move 1 space. Moving onto heavy snow/slippery ice counts as 2 movement spaces. I think it's pretty clear.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 6th, 2009, 10:13 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I don't really see the need for clarification here, though. Both Drake and the GG's say they can move 1 space.
I may be mistaken here, but in Drake's case of grappling over a ruin, I am pretty sure that he has to roll for falling damage since he "falls" from a height of 6. If we allow GG's to gain high ground over ruins should they have to roll for falling damage?

Old November 6th, 2009, 10:22 AM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4Jandar View Post
Though the GG's can "teleport" the one space onto heavy snow/slippery ice right?
No - that's what I'm saying. Gain High Ground says you can move each Granite Guardian you control 1 space. Moving onto heavy snow / slippery ice counts as 2 spaces. GHG says they can move up to 4 levels higher, but snow/ice doesn't have anything to do with height.

IMO, just because it's a special move doesn't exempt it from movement restrictions. If Agent Skahen moves an Agent with Cover Fire, do you still count the extra spaces for heavy snow/slippery ice?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 6th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualahorn View Post
Has there been an official ruling on this?
Not yet, though I'd bet my Wave 10 order that you can't.

Paging Rules Team... "You have no power here, killercactus the Grey!"
Have you guys looked at Sgt Drake's history and FAQ? He's been Grappling for years now. Has this come up before?
I did look in RotV Drake's Book, but didn't see anything there addressing this issue. I searched and didn't see anything that jumped out at me. Though admittedly I didn't look in the FAQ....

I don't really see the need for clarification here, though. Both Drake and the GG's say they can move 1 space. Moving onto heavy snow/slippery ice counts as 2 movement spaces. I think it's pretty clear.
And now you know why it wasn't in Drakes FAQ. Because he can't do it.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 6th, 2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Quote:
I don't really see the need for clarification here, though. Both Drake and the GG's say they can move 1 space.
I may be mistaken here, but in Drake's case of grappling over a ruin, I am pretty sure that he has to roll for falling damage since he "falls" from a height of 6. If we allow GG's to gain high ground over ruins should they have to roll for falling damage?
Yes, but aren't ruins higher than 4? I thought they were 6 or something.... (I hate not having the FAQ/Rulebooks at work).

If there was some height built up next to the ruin and a GG could make it over, then yes, I'd believe they'd have to roll falling damage.

EDIT: Anyone wanna give me their Wave 10 now?

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 6th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If you had a 4 high ruin, then the GG's could go over. But they would only take falling damage if the other side had a drop off of some kind.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 6th, 2009, 10:39 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

GG vs Melee Theoryscape

GG vs KOW (no height advantage):
KOW attack with 3 dice vs 5 defense and get 0.321 hits per attack. With 4 attacks, they get 1.284 hits. At a cost of 33.3 per GG, this costs the GG 42.8 points per turn.

GG attacks KOW with 3 dice vs 4 defense and get 0.407 hits per attack. With 3 attacks they get 1.221 hits. At a cost of 17.5 per unit, this costs the KOW 21.4 points per turn.

If the GG have height, they get 2 extra attack dice and score 35.6 points per turn vs the KOW. The KOW get only 33.3 points in their 4 person attack vs the GG (with height advantage).

This ignores the KOW's hero champion bonding (which is a big advantage for the KOW). Even without this bonding, the GG lose unless they have height. Even with height, it is a virtual coin toss.

I tried the same thing with the Legos. I assumed the Legos would get +1 defense for adjacent Legos. Without height, the GG get 19.1 points per turn. The Legos get 42.8 points per turn. If the GG have height, they get 28.7 points per turn, the Legos get 33.3 points per turn. Even without bonding, the Legos beat the GG even if the GG have height.

Last edited by Rich10; November 6th, 2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old November 6th, 2009, 10:55 AM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
GG vs Melee Theoryscape

KOW attack with 3 dice vs 5 defense and get 0.321 hits per attack. With 4 attacks, they get 1.284 hits. At a cost of 33.3 per GG, this costs the GG 42.8 points per turn.

GG attacks KOW with 3 dice vs 4 defense and get 0.407 hits per attack. With 3 attacks they get 1.221 hits. At a cost of 17.5 per unit, this costs the KOW 21.4 points per turn.

If the GG have height, they get 2 extra attack dice and score 35.6 points per turn vs the KOW. The KOW get only 33.3 points in their 4 person attack vs the GG (with height advantage).

This ignores the KOW's hero champion bonding (which is a big advantage for the KOW). Even without this bonding, the GG lose unless they have height. Even with height, it is a virtual coin toss.
That's assuming the KOW get a full 4 attacks in each turn, which, due to attrition, seems fairly unlikely. The GG are however, more likely to get their full attacks in for a couple of reasons:

1. Their higher defense means each figure sticks around longer
2. The special move which allows them to move more reinforcements in from the back
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:01 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
Quote:
GG vs Melee Theoryscape

That's assuming the KOW get a full 4 attacks in each turn, which, due to attrition, seems fairly unlikely. The GG are however, more likely to get their full attacks in for a couple of reasons:

2. The special move which allows them to move more reinforcements in from the back
3. They have a ranged attack option.

Depending on the map, you could send one GG to engage the lead knights and attack from range with the other two GG's. The knights then must either risk disengagement or only have 1 possible kill for that turn. This limits the number of attacks for the knights substantially.

Last edited by Obsidian; November 6th, 2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old November 6th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
Quote:
GG vs Melee Theoryscape

Yep, theoryscape often leaves out what happens when the figures actually die. The GG's seem better at holding a position. But this is theoryscape too. Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 6th, 2009, 12:07 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In two games I've played, the GG's are a PAIN to kill. 5 defense is hard to kill. 6 Defense because of nearly constant height is tough to beat. 8 defense with raelin...that's just mean.
Old November 6th, 2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einar's puppy View Post
In two games I've played, the GG's are a PAIN to kill. 5 defense is hard to kill. 6 Defense because of nearly constant height is tough to beat. 8 defense with raelin...that's just mean.
These guys may bring out Braxus more. Great.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units