Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 3rd, 2011, 05:32 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Re: Colorado Events: Past Present and Future

Well, I won't be able to go tomorrow. I have a hot date tomorrow and have to clean the apartment before-hand, so I'll have to wait for the next event. Sorry, guys...
Old June 4th, 2011, 01:16 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

Elginb. You'll be missed! I was looking forward to facing your army of Dumatefs!

As for the rest of you.. We'll be there at 10. We're really looking forward to it!

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.
Old June 4th, 2011, 07:33 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Great event, everyone! I'm really glad we got the Colorado Springs crew up to play.

Thanks to the rolling rumble and heroes only formats, the games went fast and furious, and we got in a full round robin (give or take the kpucblek/Daniel, Father/Son showdown which will be happening in the next couple days).

Results (players lost to the players above them and beat the players below them unless otherwise noted):

1) dok 7-1 (Q10, Krug, Raelin, Black Wyrmling x6, Marcu) - loss to Mad Celt
2) Mista 7-1 (Hulk, Krug, Black Wyrmling x2)
3) Generalrolando 6-2 (Hulk, Raelin, DW7k)
4) Daniel 5-3 (Captain America, Venom, Siege, Black Wyrmling x2)
5) Mad Celt 4-4 (Silver Surfer, Captain America, Isamu) - beat dok, lost to kpucblek
T-6) Bonesnap 2-6 (Jotun, Sonlen, Mindflayer Mastermind, Zetacron) - lost to Seth
T-6) Varidice 2-6 (Thanos, Dund, Finn)
T-6) Seth 2-6 (Captain America, Red Skull, Rhogar, Deadeye Dan) - beat Bonesnap
9) kpucblek 1-7 (Q9, Spider Man, Krug, Raelin, Otonashi) - beat Mad Celt

Last edited by dok; July 7th, 2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Added final game
Old June 4th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

sounds like a nice tournout. Everyone won at least one game and lost at least one. That doesn't happen in swiss format. 8 games is great. For anyone that just didn't have enough, come on by next Saturday for the Wyoming tournament.
Old June 4th, 2011, 08:31 PM

BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker BoneSnap knows what's in an order marker

Well, I gotta say, that was a blast. Can't wait to see how it goes next time, especially if we can get some squads in on the action. Thank you guys for a brilliant afternoon.

Hey, Dok, you should just make him a deal. No Surfer in exchange for no Black Wyrmlings.

BoneSnap's Customs
Helm's Deep
Old June 4th, 2011, 08:50 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Just to get the ball rolling on the next event discussions:

Date: Sometime late June/Early July

Format: Tournament of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Tournament of Champions

500 point Heroscape army, no Marvel. Army size is limited to 24 hexes.

4 round swiss; Each round is different:

Rnd 1 = Capture the Flag
Spoiler Alert!

Rnd 2 = Treasure Quest
Spoiler Alert!

Rnd 3 = Heat of Battle
Spoiler Alert!

Rnd 4 = Reverse the Whip.
Spoiler Alert!

1 game Final will be straight play.

I also suggest we draw from the Gencon Maps. We probably won't need all of them. The only one I insist on is "Breach" because it's the only one I can't build myself (well, I can't build a pretty version of Trailblazer, but I can pretend that asphalt and swamp water are lava field and molten lava).

Spoiler Alert!
Old June 4th, 2011, 09:01 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Fantastic Day indeed. Lots of games, lots of fun!

The next format looks really entertaining. Make sure you look at the formats everyone.

I'll be happy to bring BREACH and TRAILBLAZER.

Fulcrum has always been one of my favorites but I don't have any Jungle so can't build it.

I'm already looking at army types.

Deathreacers should be banned!
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:43 AM

kpucblek knows what's in an order marker kpucblek knows what's in an order marker

This was a great day... Even though I had my roughest outing yet! I got pummeled. Thanks to all who made the trip.

Daniel and I will get that last game out of the way soon.

As for the next event... (just a heads up)... We might have a tough time making it before mid July.

As for maps at the next one, I'm fine with the GenCon maps. (especially to give doc some good practice. Guardian, Trailblazer, Breach, and Convergence all look great to me!

Thanks again!

Always rummaging through garage sale bins, hoping that someone is dumping their kid's Heroscape treasures.

Last edited by kpucblek; June 5th, 2011 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Sp
Old June 5th, 2011, 02:16 AM

Dang! Looks like you guys had a blast. In retrospect, I should've gone... nothing like a clean apartment going to waste. Also, I think I would've done well with the army I was really planning on taking: Thanos, Feral Troll x2 & Isamu. Oh well. The late return though is that I've been accepted to be part of the Boulder Car Share program, so transportation shouldn't be a problem for the next tournament. Anyway, glad you guys got so many good games in!
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
Dang! Looks like you guys had a blast. In retrospect, I should've gone...
It would have been great to have you. Having the four new guys from CO Springs gave us good numbers and cut down on the wait time between games. And playing heroes-only on maps that were easy to move around (well, with one exception) made for really quick games.

Quote:
nothing like a clean apartment going to waste. Also, I think I would've done well with the army I was really planning on taking: Thanos, Feral Troll x2 & Isamu. Oh well.
Well, it would have been a good matchup against my army. I'm not sure how great it would have been against Mista's army, which would have gone all "Hulk smash" on you. Still you're forgiven for judging your likely results on how you match up against me.

Quote:
The late return though is that I've been accepted to be part of the Boulder Car Share program, so transportation shouldn't be a problem for the next tournament. Anyway, glad you guys got so many good games in!
Great. How does that Enchanted Grounds event sound to you? If we can add you, chief, and maybe Elderbigdave, Longshot, Dylan, and Wild_Imagination to the crew we had this time, we can maybe get close to 16 players, which would be great for a 4-round Swiss event.
Old June 5th, 2011, 01:40 PM

Yeah, sign me up for the next tourney.
Old June 7th, 2011, 02:16 PM

We have a date for that yet?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events