Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 29th, 2009, 04:51 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Omnicron Repulsors

The Book of the Omnicron Repulsors
Blackmoon's Siege - Collection 9 - "Dwarves and Repulsors"

If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Hasbro's Unit Page for stats and special powers, plus
"character biography" and other non-game unit info.

Character Bio: NA

- I'm attacking them with my squad of rats. On the first attack EMP gets activated. does that mean my other three rats cant attack?
Yep. They are dead in the water.

Synergy Benefits Received
- SIR GILBERT : Jandar’s Dispatch
As a Squad that follows Jandar, the Omnicron Repulsors may benefit from Sir Gilbert's JANDAR'S DISPATCH movement bonus.[/LIST]
Synergy Benefits Offered
- Targeting Beacon:
As Soulbourgs who follow Jandar, Omnicron Snipers and Zetacron may benefit from the Repulsor's Targeting Beacon.
Synergy Benefits Offered and Received
- THE OMNICRON REPULSORS: Targeting Beacon: Perhaps questionable as a "synergy," it is nevertheless worth considering that the Omnicron Repulsors benefit from Targeting Beacon.
C3V and SoV Custom Synergies
Spoiler Alert!

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • - TBA

Omnicron Repulsors Discussion

Omnicron Repulsors--What's your army idea?

Power Ranking and Master Index
TBA
Unit Strategy Review
TBA

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX

Last edited by R˙chean; May 16th, 2015 at 03:42 PM. Reason: vc added then updated
Old May 29th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Omnicron Repulsors

Rules clarification:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theGuru View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualahorn View Post
I have a question.

I'm attacking them with my squad of rats. On the first attack EMP gets activated. does that mean my other three rats cant attack?
Yep. They are dead in the water.
Old May 29th, 2009, 05:20 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Dang, I was wishing these guys turned out better then they are. It seems to me they were just released to counter the rats, 8k, Ormicrons, and Q9/10. The only time they are worthwhile is when you know what somebody else is using. And that is hardly ever.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old May 29th, 2009, 06:26 PM

MalignantT is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
It seems to me they were just released to counter the rats, 8k, Ormicrons, and Q9/10. The only time they are worthwhile is when you know what somebody else is using. And that is hardly ever.
Countering those units has been in the front of minds for a good long time.

If you're talking about bringing a fully made army to a board, yeah...
but if one is doing the drafting procedure, they can be a great counter draft by anyone who's opponents is bringing soulborgs to the table.

Also, I love bringing themed armies to the table, and finding either combinations that work against strong army builds, or the kind of tactics that work well against them is half the fun. (beating the improbable odds is the other half)

And even then, it won't necessarily destroy how your army works.
But one may not be entirely reliant on say a Blast/Glad army, or sticking all your order markers on Q 9/10... which many of us have gotten to complacent on, anyway. (There are the good counters against some units, but Q9 quit seeing play at our tables because everybody was just getting tired of him wasting half, if not all, of his army's opposition)

People will have to either switch up their armies a little to make them more flexible, and/or spread their Order Markers around to not get nerfed at the first EMP wave (at a 25% chance risk, IFF the Repulsor blocks the shot).

Even then, these guys aren't all that bad even when not playing against other soulborgs, that's just when they are used to full effectiveness.
But, I try to imagine bringing up a couple squads of these guys as a screen with Snipers in tow, and your opponent will really want to consider tearing through the screen (or even engaging it) with the snipers ready to hail 2X damage on them.

I'm glad an anti-soulborg unit finally came along... they had been building up too many resistances for me. The Marden Hounds, for example, just never see any play at our tables because someone spies you pulling a couple of them out of the Marro bin, and they begin switching around a couple units to make sure that they don't get hit with the swine flu... I mean marro plague. Not the ideal way to make armies, but we like review each other's army builds before finally settling on our own.
Old May 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalignantT View Post
The Marden Hounds, for example, just never see any play at our tables because someone spies you pulling a couple of them out of the Marro bin, and they begin switching around a couple units to make sure that they don't get hit with the swine flu... I mean marro plague. Not the ideal way to make armies, but we like review each other's army builds before finally settling on our own.
There's your problem. That's not a draft, that's just like waiting for someone to place their order markers, then adjusting yours. So now you have to wait for them to adjust theirs, etc, ad nauseam until someone quits. How do you guys ever get to start a game?

What I do with my group is use a random army generator, but that's only because I own ~85% of the HeroScape we use, so there's no way to bring premade armies and drafting with 4 people is a pain.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old May 29th, 2009, 08:57 PM

Lordzum is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'm just asking this for clarification, I am pretty sure I know the answer but I just need something posted for a ref. The omnicron repulsors ability does not apply to your armies other soulborgs does it?
Old May 29th, 2009, 09:07 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordzum View Post
I'm just asking this for clarification, I am pretty sure I know the answer but I just need something posted for a ref. The omnicron repulsors ability does not apply to your armies other soulborgs does it?
Circuitry Overload affects all other Soulborgs adjacent to them, including your own.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old May 29th, 2009, 09:48 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Cyprien just got a boost.

"I'll take Cyprien."

"I'll take a mess of Soulborg to stick it to Chilling Touch."

"I'll take . . . The Repulsors!"

"I'll . . . aw carp!"
Old May 30th, 2009, 08:58 AM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

I've got a rules question about EMP Response.

If, while using Ornak's red flag of fury, my first hero is affected by EMP Response, do I still get to activate my second hero?

Technically, Ornak wasn't the one attacking the Repulsor, so his turn isn't the one that needs to end immediately, but I'm not certain if that's how it works.

Similarly, I also presume that any other order markers on Ornak are not removed, but those on the attacking figure are. Is this correct?
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post

If, while using Ornak's red flag of fury, my first hero is affected by EMP Response, do I still get to activate my second hero?

Technically, Ornak wasn't the one attacking the Repulsor, so his turn isn't the one that needs to end immediately, but I'm not certain if that's how it works.

Similarly, I also presume that any other order markers on Ornak are not removed, but those on the attacking figure are. Is this correct?
That's how the various powers read to me: yes to using the second Ornak-activated hero and the order markers to be removed are the ones on the first Ornak-activated hero (presuming it is a soulborg).
Old May 30th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post

I'm pretty sure you have it right. The turn of the activated figure(s) ends, but that second turn can still be taken, and the figure(s) loosing its(their) order markers is the figure attacking, not the figure extending its bonding powers.

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old May 30th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

There are a lot of powers that can be affected by this. Look at Allistair Macdirk and his overextend power. Does he get to overextend? What about units with Frenzy, or Toxic skin?

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units