Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 19th, 2017, 10:07 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Master of the Hunt

While not top tier by any stretch, I rather like Master as a hero killer, though he obviously isn't viable vs. any reasonably powerful squad. I really appreciate his solid 6 life. I do agree he's much worse on account of his inconsistent range, but in theory I like the idea of being able to go for bold plays diving for an important target. The best way of playing is of course to have at least one target in his natural range, with a more ideal target like a Raelin in range if you get lucky.

I ALWAYS am reminded of the scene from 300 when Leonidas throws the spear at Xerxes, only usually if he connects they blow up instead of getting a scratch.
Old November 19th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A bit of a bummer that a Raelin counter costs 60 points more.

I do like MotH but Heroscape really needed squad killing heroes more than anything or a cheaper counter to Raelin.
Old November 19th, 2017, 12:04 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

I do like MotH but Heroscape really needed squad killing heroes more than anything or a cheaper counter to Raelin.
I'd argue theres a decent number of heroes that are good at killing squads at this point. Even if it wasn't needed for the game or its balance per se, having an anti hero hero is cool.
Old November 19th, 2017, 12:17 PM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
While not top tier by any stretch, I rather like Master as a hero killer, though he obviously isn't viable vs. any reasonably powerful squad. I really appreciate his solid 6 life. I do agree he's much worse on account of his inconsistent range, but in theory I like the idea of being able to go for bold plays diving for an important target. The best way of playing is of course to have at least one target in his natural range, with a more ideal target like a Raelin in range if you get lucky.

I ALWAYS am reminded of the scene from 300 when Leonidas throws the spear at Xerxes, only usually if he connects they blow up instead of getting a scratch.
See, the problem is you can’t make use of his possible tange if you move adjacent to an enemy figure. So, you either don’t move adjacent to anyone and HOPE you maybe get that range shot, or you engage someone and are forced to attack them no matter what you roll for javelin

EDIT just realized he has four range lol. That makes him slightly more useful I suppose, except now his power makes no logical sense lol. How does he have 4 range when he doesn’t thorw his javelin lol? Is his arm just super long or something?
Old November 19th, 2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
Quote:

See, the problem is you can’t make use of his possible tange if you move adjacent to an enemy figure. So, you either don’t move adjacent to anyone and HOPE you maybe get that range shot, or you engage someone and are forced to attack them no matter what you roll for javelin

EDIT just realized he has four range lol
Thats not really true though, his base range is 4, so you can get within range of a less ideal target and still be able to hit a good target in the distance if luck is on your side.

Edit: Missed your edit lol
Old November 19th, 2017, 02:55 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

I'd argue theres a decent number of heroes that are good at killing squads at this point. Even if it wasn't needed for the game or its balance per se, having an anti hero hero is cool.
At this point? Are you adding in C3V?
They have done wonders to restore balance but squads still rule the land.
Old November 19th, 2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

At this point? Are you adding in C3V?
They have done wonders to restore balance but squads still rule the land.
I know squads still rule whether we are talking classic or C3V, no doubt about it. But I don't mind there being heroes that can't contend with squads and are anti heroes for less competitive games or rare draft situations.

Not every hero should be a Nif(and definitely not a Q9)- To me the main thing thats unfortunate for a unit design is when it basically excels at nothing and has no strengths/use like the obsidian guards.
Old November 19th, 2017, 08:41 PM

I guess I just prefer a little more Hero in my Heroscape.
Old November 20th, 2017, 08:17 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Placed this guy in the Lannisters' army in
Game of Thrones - The Last Winter? Official Playtest Version. I've been thinking about the issue of squad dominance. For my next Hosting, I'm thinking of riffing off of
Game of Thrones's army composition/Victory Conditions, and require each player to draft seven non-flying, small or medium, bipedal heroes (naturally, the scenario name will allude to the Magnificent Seven), and the Victory Condition will be to have the most heroes within a given area after 10 Rounds.

Back to MotH,
when you can ignore his cost, he's very cool. But who determined he couldn't roll for Javelin until after moving?

Old November 21st, 2017, 08:34 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I've always wanted a Doggin squad that could bond with Hunters, or at least Large Hunters - Dund, Feral Troll and this guy could all use the help.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 31st, 2022, 01:32 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I brought out Master of the Hunt today to work in a Hunter Army with some custom Velociraptors I made (main offensive power is Pack attack - +1 attack die for each Hunter adjacent to targeted figure).

I was amazed at how terrible Javelin is and would easily nominate it for worst power ever on any card. Roll after moving to see if a) your move was crap, because you can't reach your target, b) your move was crap, because you really didn't need to be standing 4 spaces away, you could have stayed at 7 c) you can target something further away that may or may not be a better choice than what is 4 spaces away or d) you pulled it off (25% chance) and get the maximum use out of your figure, allowing you to attack with a range 7 and attack 4 normal attack. Have fun working with that!

And thematically I have never understood it either.

Really sad - such a cool sculpt and a cool name and then just a really bad, head scratching design....

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old January 31st, 2022, 07:00 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I was amazed at how terrible Javelin is and would easily nominate it for worst power ever on any card.!
I don't know if I'd go --quite-- that far (DW7K would like a word...), but it is pretty bad. Hey, at least using it doesn't do anything, as opposed to killing himself

I would've preferred it be written as a 1-time ability (per game) like Atlaga's 'Bolt of the Witherwood'. Basically a 1-time 7 range SA. It would make some thematic sense, since he's throwing the Javelin away (kinda hard to do that twice).

A 1-time power that doesn't have game-breaking variance (i.e. Atlaga) might have been fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units