Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 22nd, 2020, 07:32 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_X_Marker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post

Sherman Davies has fallen completely off the radar, as he is not on the site here anymore, or answering emails. He is in the restaurant business, so it may be tough times for him.
The whole situation makes me sad but this hit hardest. He and I used to always have incredibly fun games of scape and he always had this fantastic energy about him. Grishnak brought me into the group, and I should probably shoot him a text, just to say "Hi", but everyone, with all their eclectic personalities kept me coming to game days.

I really just miss playing real people on a real board.
I lurk in around the old site once every couple of three months or so. So consider yourself already saying "Hi" to me! Hi back! Glad the whole gang is staying safe and healthy. I hope Sherman is doing alright though. Has anyone shot him an email? Anyway, best to all.
Old September 22nd, 2020, 07:35 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Grish siting. Hope you are well.
Old September 22nd, 2020, 11:12 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Grishnakh in the house! Good to see you posting, my friend.

Now please somebody find Sherman and send him my best. It's a little worrisome that the Gang of 4 hasn't even heard from him.

Stay safe fellow New Yorkers.
Old September 22nd, 2020, 11:28 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Grishnakh in the house! Good to see you posting, my friend.

Now please somebody find Sherman and send him my best. It's a little worrisome that the Gang of 4 hasn't even heard from him.

Stay safe fellow New Yorkers.
I texted him a few hours ago but got no response.

Old September 23rd, 2020, 02:10 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I had a long phone conversation with Grishnakh. He is playing lots of games, mostly online. He emails that he's now heard from Sherman Davies, and all is good with him as well. Nice to hear.

Matt Helm, we both agreed that your cards are fun to use!

Last edited by chas; September 24th, 2020 at 08:26 AM.
Old September 23rd, 2020, 03:21 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I had a long phone conversation with Grishnakh. He is playing lots of games, mostly online. He emails that he's now heard from Sherman Davies, and all is good with him as well. Good to hear.

I just got a text back from SD too. He said the same thing that all is well.

Old September 23rd, 2020, 03:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good to hear.
Old September 25th, 2020, 10:42 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I had a long phone conversation with Grishnakh. He is playing lots of games, mostly online. He emails that he's now heard from Sherman Davies, and all is good with him as well. Nice to hear.

This is great news, I'm so glad SD is doing well. We miss him around these parts.

And, aw shucks, thanks for the compliment. I'm so happy to hear that you and Grish have tried some HelmAverse cards. And your inclusion of an exclamation point indicates you aren't fibbing!

Thanks, buddy, maybe when this whole crazy world settles down, we can find a local event for the Helm boys to drop in on. The last time I saw you guys, Helm Jr. was a wee lad and lil'Helm was too small for me to bring out to the game. They are both much bigger now. Funny how that works.
Old September 26th, 2020, 12:37 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

This was the first summer in some years that we didn't have our local Long Islandscape Tournament, which is usually run by Warbanner and formerly Grisnakh. We used to have it at a game store with about 20 players, using many of the battlefields put up onsite here for GenCon each year. I never did better than Third Place, but I did accumulate a whole string of Worst Luck trophies!

Usually some or all of us NYG4 folk would attend, and the other guys often won bigger prizes than I did. It was yet another group activity that had to be cancelled due to the Pandemic. And of course, we met here at my place once a month for a very long time. Someday, perhaps, we will again.

Last edited by chas; September 29th, 2020 at 10:41 AM.
Old September 26th, 2020, 12:51 AM

Quote:
This was the first summer in some years that we didn't have our local Long Islandscape Tournament, which is usually run by Warbanner. and Grisnakh. We used to have it at a game store with about 20 players, using many of the battlefields put up onsite here for GenCon each year. I never did better than Third Place, but I did accumulate a whole string of Worst Luck trophies!

Usually some or all of us NYG4 folk would attend, and the other guys often won bigger prizes than I did. It was yet another group activity that had to be cancelled due to the Pandemic. And of course, we met here at my place once a month for a very long time. Someday, perhaps, we will again.
While we're talking about trophies, I'm going to shamelessly brag that I won 1st place in 2009 and 2011.

Old September 26th, 2020, 08:21 AM

Thanks for verifying my reporting.

Hey, you can't beat me on shameless. Last year I bought myself a trophy for winning our own four person New York City Gang of Four Scape Tournament played right here in Brooklyn. I've spend a long life trophy deprived!

And this summer I got myself one for winning all eight games in a row of Red Alert: Space Fleet Warfare against my pal Mike. It was two plays of the four game fan campaign that was based on the four big WWII Carrier battles of 1942 in the Pacific. We switched sides for the second play. After making a few modifications, we gave the author on BGG our feedback.

This game is Commands & Colors in space. This light war game series by Richard Borg now has 11 different designs, and dozens of expansions for them. We had recently finished making up a two board (two giant mats) game "Epic" style for it. I did the rules based on how they'd been playtesting so far for this fairly new game at conventions as reported, and Mike the scenario. You can see all this on the BGG Forum.

Don't we all deserver a trophy for getting through this Pandemic?

In a related follow up, I've researched and ordered The Fires of Midway (Clash of Arms Games, 2010) a simple war game using cards, that also simulates this era.
Old September 29th, 2020, 02:43 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Somber times in NY. Glad to hear Sherman is well.

Best to all of you guys, it was great to read through this thread over the years.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion