Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 14th, 2010, 05:33 PM

Aronnax is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Heroscape D&D Items and objects

I would vote to see D&D related items to be included in some future Waves, or perhaps and enitre Wave dedicated to it...referring to items such as Columns, Statues, Caldrons, Firepits, Wells, Furniture of different sorts...all geared toward a dungeon crawl theme with appropriate army cards. I think it would greatly enhance the theme and appearance of the game, I like the glyphs, but these would be quite usefull.

Anyone else with me on this one? Is there any rumors of this in the works?
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape D&D Items and objects

I don't think they will...personally while I wouldn't care if they did...I'd never buy it.
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:40 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Also don't think it would be produced, but I like the idea

Knowledge is Power.
Power Corrupts.
Study Hard.
Be Evil.
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronnax View Post
I would vote to see D&D related items to be included in some future Waves, or perhaps and enitre Wave dedicated to it...referring to items such as Columns, Statues, Caldrons, Firepits, Wells, Furniture of different sorts...all geared toward a dungeon crawl theme with appropriate army cards. I think it would greatly enhance the theme and appearance of the game, I like the glyphs, but these would be quite usefull.

Anyone else with me on this one? Is there any rumors of this in the works?
One of Heroscape's predecessors, HeroQuest, already did a lot of this. Cabinets, monuments, coffins, weapon racks, treasure chests, etc. It was square-grid based, but I bet a bunch of it would work for what you're going for.

I don't think something like this is in the works for HS. It sounds like its a bit much for WOTC to put out, considering that most of the items you mention above (including columns and firepits) are included only as flat 2-D pictures that you place over the dungeon tiles in their D&D RPGs.

Last edited by Robotech Master; July 14th, 2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old July 14th, 2010, 06:09 PM

Aronnax is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Yeah, I've seen the HeroQuest stuff, also Mage Knight produced some...I have personally bought some recently to use in conjuction with Heroscape.

Think of a stand with a tome in 3d...only magic user classes can obtain. Possess the tome's Army card and you can cast its spells...etc..

I don't think a few would items would be out of line, just maybe one pack and a bonus one here and there.
Old July 14th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Quote:
Yeah, I've seen the HeroQuest stuff, also Mage Knight produced some...I have personally bought some recently to use in conjuction with Heroscape.

Think of a stand with a tome in 3d...only magic user classes can obtain. Possess the tome's Army card and you can cast its spells...etc..

I don't think a few would items would be out of line, just maybe one pack and a bonus one here and there.
Its not about being out of line at all. Just an unfortunate resource fact, at least by the looks at it. My reasoning is that: given that WOTC is really pushing for D&D RPG's to be played on Dungeon tiles with 3D figures moving and attacking 3D monsters on a tabletop (rather than the old school method where we just described everything out loud), if they decided that decorations like bookshelves and pillars, and even active materials would still be just 2D pictures you inserted over your dungeon tiles, then I don't think they are interested in creating 3D models of those things. Is it time, money? I don't know, but if they haven't decided to support D&D with this kind of idea after all this time, I have to imagine they are not that interested in making them.
Old July 14th, 2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Quote:

Its not about being out of line at all. Just an unfortunate resource fact, at least by the looks at it. My reasoning is that: given that WOTC is really pushing for D&D RPG's to be played on Dungeon tiles with 3D figures moving and attacking 3D monsters on a tabletop (rather than the old school method where we just described everything out loud), if they decided that decorations like bookshelves and pillars, and even active materials would still be just 2D pictures you inserted over your dungeon tiles, then I don't think they are interested in creating 3D models of those things. Is it time, money? I don't know, but if they haven't decided to support D&D with this kind of idea after all this time, I have to imagine they are not that interested in making them.
I still preferred it the old fashion description way. Much better and cheaper. I've never played anything past 2e AD&D
Old July 14th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post

I still preferred it the old fashion description way. Much better and cheaper. I've never played anything past 2e AD&D
I remember those days too. Those were fun. 3.5 had its charms too, and while the Minis and Tiles existed and we got some use out of them there, 3.5 didn't seem to stress the actual need for the minis.

But 4.0...it practically requires it. I mean you *could* play without it, but you'd have to write down a lot more details, due to the way 4.0 includes so much more stat bonuses and penalties depending on how you're positioned and whether or not all 4 corners of your square can trace a line to all 4 corners of your opponent's square in order to determine cover, etc.
Old July 14th, 2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post

I remember those days too. Those were fun. 3.5 had its charms too, and while the Minis and Tiles existed and we got some use out of them there, 3.5 didn't seem to stress the actual need for the minis.

But 4.0...it practically requires it. I mean you *could* play without it, but you'd have to write down a lot more details, due to the way 4.0 includes so much more stat bonuses and penalties depending on how you're positioned and whether or not all 4 corners of your square can trace a line to all 4 corners of your opponent's square in order to determine cover, etc.
Yeah. Sad times.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion