Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old September 27th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
When I started out playing M:tG (before I could drive) we played at the public library all the time. Then a local card shop opened up and we played there.

Then when when I got a car, we drove to a better cardshop that had better tournaments. After the tournaments we used to play at Denny's and another place The Patio or something liek that, after the Card Shop closed, and none of us knew the managers.

There are all kinds of alternatives.
Old September 27th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf
One of the best place I know of is your local library. Libraries almost always have meeting rooms that you can rent out. This is a very public option for open gaming. Typically they are a little cleaner than some of the game shops I have played in as well! I am hosting an event at a library here in PHX. The room holds 40 people and costs $5/hr. The event is going to be 5 hours, so that is only $25. I am picking up the tab on the room, but I am sure if you have enough people to chip in, it is a very inexpensive, safe, clean, public place to play. The only downside I have come across so far is that you can't bring food in the room.

--Lonewolf
My local library has wifi internet. I might have to look into this.
Old September 27th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
We used to shuffle over to a 24-hour Whataburger when the local store closed and continued playing games (mostly CCGs...On the Edge, MtG and L5R mainly). We would have 15 to 20 there and the older guys in the group made sure the more unruly behaved themselves. Almost everyone purchased something from the counter and when it hit midnight we left. The store and the Whataburger were a good place to get to meet people and to see them in different environments. About 80% of the people there would have been fine to invite over to the house for games.

Newb.
Old September 27th, 2006, 04:48 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninthdoc
Use good judgement, but enjoy life.

When you begin denying yourself your own life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, that's when the bad guys win.
I think that bears repeating. also this one:

Quote:
first meeting should always be in a public place
There are a select few of you that I haven't me that I would feel commfortable inviting to my home. Its that whole gut instinct thing. I can't really explain it, because gut instincts are inherintly qualitative and not quantitative.

The vast majority of you I wouldn't. Mainly because I wouldn't want to see my DVD collection and laptop walk out the door while I was in the bathroom.

I've though about picking up a martial art. I figure I could be a lot more comfortable with strangers if I know that they are unlikely to physically dominate me.

I recognize that there are highly sophisticated well prepared predators out there, and if they choose to come into my home, well, they win. The vast vast majority of predators are lesser prepared opportunistic ones. If you are aware and take precautions, these opportunistic types will look elsewhere or be defeated.

So, just be smart and aware to mitigate your risks. With a community like this, the good far outweighs the bad; the reward far outweighs the risk. I hope to meet many more you at future gatherings, becausee this community is a blast!

Sudema is top notch in Heroscape: Legacy. Try out this alternative unit cost system at your next game day or tournament.
Old September 27th, 2006, 05:10 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
The vast majority of you I wouldn't. Mainly because I wouldn't want to see my DVD collection and laptop walk out the door while I was in the bathroom.
What exactly are you saying about site members here, CornPuff

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old September 27th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrew
Quote:
I.E. Put down his DVD collection, toddrew!!

Newb.
Old September 27th, 2006, 07:22 PM

primal has disabled reputation
I would have to say that I am shocked beyond belief.
I used to talk to Doug a lot.
Doug even professed to be a Christian, as I am.
I am afraid that I can't speak for anyone, except myself- I try to trust people, try to find good in people and try to treat people as Jesus Christ would do.
I also would like to say that I NEVER manipulate any situation to compromise myself, my family or any of my friends. I invite people to play Heroscape, but I would NEVER put anyone in a position that they, myself or anyone else would feel uncomfortable in.
just because I trust people and try to love my neighbor as myself I am not stupid.

I would have to say without reservation that I am really shocked with UD's situation. I don't know where anyone could find rationality in what he was trying to do.

please, don't let one problematic situation spoil our great community, there are some good people out here.

the North Carolina Semi-Hex Annual Skirmish. old school style.
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:43 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Quote:
Quote:

Newb.
But I love the Golden Girls, and he has all the seasons

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old September 27th, 2006, 11:08 PM
ATF Agent

ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby! ninthdoc rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Quote:
Quote:

Newb.
But I love the Golden Girls, and he has all the seasons
It's his complete collection of Will and Grace that he'll fight you for.

I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane.
Old September 28th, 2006, 05:15 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
Hey Cornpuff, can I come hang at your place when I'm in town? BTW what DVD's can we watch when I'm there?
Old September 28th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Cornpuff,

I'll be flying in. What's in your DVD collection? Now let's see, how many extra suitcases will I need for the return trip ...

(The worst thing is my collection is so out of hand, I probably have any DVD's he could possibly name, except for Cornpuff's "Best of LoGo" collection ...)

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 29th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannister
How about Libraries and Churches? We have held large events in a local church that has a gymnasium. They rent it out for $35 an hour. Both of these have tables and such so...? The church would work for a large gathering but no so much for a first time meeting between 3 of 4 gamers.

Bannister
I just want it on record that Bannister will go to church if properly motivated.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events