Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old November 29th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: DnD Booster Coming Mar 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvinleader View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
My impression is that DnD Heroscape has no intention of shifting away from the "generic hero" style that Heroscape so proudly displays. And, to me, that's a good thing.
So, Drizzt? I'd be surprised.
Not fully generic. We've got Spartacus and Marcus, both actually are real people from history, and also the dwarven king Migol has been in various WOTC liscensed books. It would'nt surprise me to see a drake-calliber Drizzt figure. I'd be Indignant If we did'nt see one March 23rd.

Speking of which, can anyone more familiar with the forgotten realms give me the names of some of the more prominent heros. I'd like to do some research to see what the heros of this 1st DnD wave might be like.
If you're truly going to be "indignant" over anything about a miniatures game, you, sir, are a silly person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
I think I'd like to see a lich in Heroscape.
Bring on the liches, beholders, mind flayers. Bring on the rangers, the druids, the kobolds. Bring on the elementals. Bring on the Drow. Heroscape is big enough to encompass the unique qualities of the D&D worlds and still remain Heroscape.

But don't -- for the love of everything that's sacred -- don't, don't, don't turn this fascinating, complex game into fanwank for trashy fiction. Please, let's keep seeing new characters, new motivations, new creations.
Bravo!! Classic!
Can't help but see this as support for what I'm saying here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 29th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cheers!
Heroscape is awesome. I don't see why it would be any less awesome if it has and undead archmage, skeleton warriors, pirates, ninja pirates, undead ninja pirates, undead ninja pirate skeleton mages, or some even drow with two swords that fights really we'll. How can adding anything take away from what we already have? The way I see it, it can only get better!
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:38 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Who is that in response to?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 29th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Who is that in response to?
Sorry, I have a habit of speaking in generic terms and making statements I believe to be true that may or may not take one side or another in the preexisting discussion. Sometimes this leaves a rather ambiguous impression behind.

As it happens I was not really addressing anyone in in particular but the audience in general. I just wanted to point out that anything new that will be added to heroscape is therefore heroscape regardless of whatever subtitle it is given. In mathematical terms D&D scape will be a subset of the universal set Heroscape. That is good enough for me.
Old November 29th, 2009, 12:55 AM

I just feel that the sides of this one have been argued to death in the main DnD threads already. Let's keep the Booster thread just about the Booster.

Old November 29th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Quote:
I just feel that the sides of this one have been argued to death in the main DnD threads already. Let's keep the Booster thread just about the Booster.
Good enough for me
Old November 29th, 2009, 01:10 AM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

I just hope that if Drizzt is brought into the game we get his panther too.
Old November 30th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvinleader View Post
Quote:
My impression is that DnD Heroscape has no intention of shifting away from the "generic hero" style that Heroscape so proudly displays. And, to me, that's a good thing.
So, Drizzt? I'd be surprised.
Not fully generic. We've got Spartacus and Marcus, both actually are real people from history, and also the dwarven king Migol has been in various WOTC liscensed books. It would'nt surprise me to see a drake-calliber Drizzt figure. I'd be Indignant If we did'nt see one March 23rd.

Speking of which, can anyone more familiar with the forgotten realms give me the names of some of the more prominent heros. I'd like to do some research to see what the heros of this 1st DnD wave might be like.
I thought that someone would never ask!

Drizzt- A renegade drow that was exiled from his cruel society, he walks the path of a ranger, embracing the emotions that his heritage tells him to cast aside.

Artemis Enteri- A human duelist granted supernatural powers of darkvision by the drow, he is Drizzt's main enemy. He equals the drow in skill, but fights not for friends, but for himself and proving he is the best to himself.

Bruneor Battlehammer- The king of Mithral Hall, this dwarf is a stout warrior. With his mighty axe and a vicious temper he bears down upon the foes that dare to threaten his homeland. He also is one of Drizzt's most trusted friends.

Cattie Brie- Bruneor's "daughter", this human was left an orphan after a goblin raid. With her might bow Taulmaril and sword Khazid'hea she tramples foes that dare harm her friends. She has captured Drizzt's heart, both on a friendship level on a intimate level.

Wulfgar- A barbarian of the Icewind Dale tribes, he was Drizzt's best friend. He fought with the mighty Aegis Fang, a hammer granted to him by Bruneor Battlehammer. He fell in battle to a servant of Lolth (Diety of the Drow). He was then tortured by demons until rescued by Drizzt.

Guenhwyvar- An astral panther, and Drizzt's most trusted friend, he was that messiah that helped Drizzt escape from Menzoberranzzan (City of the Drow). He was Drizzt's icon that he should follow his current diety, Meilkiki (Goddess of Nature). He fights with severe viciousness, and won't submit even to the most cruel of punishments.

Regis "Rumblebelly"- A halfling that Drizzt meets in the Icewind Dale, he was an escapee from the Pashsa of Calimport, a master of thieves. He stole a beautiful ruby that's tantalizing shimmer could bend even the most stalwart man to the owner's whims. Although not the strongest fighter, he comes in to the battle when his allies most need him.

Jarlaxle- A male drow that runs a mercenary group known as Bregan D'aerthe, he is a sly and cocky figure. He wields many magic items, a flamboyant hat with a feather of a giant bird protruding from it, and a mysterious eyepatch that constantly switches from eye. He may not be as good with a sword as Drizzt or Enteri, but he is much more cunning and surrounds himself with many disguised allies. He is also known to break alliances if he sees himself to come out better then the supposed outcome.

Belwar Dissengulp- A deep gnome of Blingdenstone, he was Drizzt's first friend besides Guenhywar. Drizzt's evil brother Dinin severd Belwar's hands in their first encounter, to the horror of Drizzt. Belwar was thankful of Drizzt though, for Drizzt had saved his life. His hands were replaced with a magical hammer and duel pickaxe. He is now a powerful warrior who comes to the aid of the dwarves of Mithral Hall in their time of need.

Thibbledorf Pwent- A stinky dwarf, he fights in the brigade known as the Gutbusters. Although he fights with the ferocity of most dwarves, he differs in his combat style. He wears spiked armor, with a horn protruding from the top, spikes coming from his fist (Wolverine), and many more spikes coming off his armor. He jumps onto or punches enemies untill they submit or die to the dwarfs rending movements.

Harkle Harpell- The leader of the Harpell clan of wizards from Longsaddle. He is known for his different look on magic, and his introduction of new spells. His spells often back fire, leading him into new problems he happily approaches.

Captain Deudermont- The Captain of the Sea Sprite which Drizzt and Cattie Brie spend 6 years on combating pirates, he is a decent fighter a better leader. He shows respect for Drizzt the first time he meets him, even though he is a dark elf, and he is fair to everyone he meets.

Errtu- A massive balor (The most elite Demon), he commands respect from all of his lessers . He is out to find a magic crystal known as Crenshinibon, a stone that grants endless power. He finds a human bearer of it, but is destroyed by Drizzt and banished back to the Abyss for 100 years. He comes to possesion fo Wulfgar, who was assumed dead but captured by Lolth and traded to Errtu in return for a baby sitting favor. He figures that Drizzt will return for Wulfgar, and defeating Drizzt will set him free.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)

Last edited by GromBloodboy; November 30th, 2009 at 12:16 AM.
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:20 AM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart

I don't think Drizzt is to over powering its not like he is a god or anything. I have play tested and finely attuned the stats for all the champions including drizzt. I and my playing group are all in agreement that the stats and abilities fit their characters in the realms to a T we all worked to tweak a refine them for scape so check out my thread in the custom figures area and try them out. We made the champions of the hall a 600 point army all on its own and sense Aquilla didnt have a flag bearer we made bruenor it. Back on topic I would love to see beholders, elementals, dragons, more aquatic and magma, figures, Drizzt, and Gwyn.
Old November 30th, 2009, 11:07 AM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
I thought DnD goblins are little fellows. Like hobbits.
From Wikipedia, the description of Dungeons and Dragons Goblins reads:

Goblins are small humanoid monsters. They vary in height from about 3 to 3 ½ feet (91 - 106 cm) and weigh 40 to 45 pounds (21 – 24 kg).

As such, a little more then half the size of a tall human...or about the size of a small child.

The hobbit comparison is fairly accurate.

The key thing here is...the DND Mini goblins are to scale...hence why they are small.

EDIT:

I posted this pic a while back, but will repost it here for comparison's sake.

Perhaps the one directly to the right of the Izumi is a bit small, but the rest are fine. FYI, the one on the left is a hero, hence why he is bigger then all the rest.
They kinda look like they would fit. They might not be strong but they should have a great def. or special power involving defending. They are small targets. Or perhaps the first 5 or 6 man squad, with low stats.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:42 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

heh march 23rd is my brothers birthday he isn,t much of a scape player though, but I'll get some.
Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:07 PM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart

I was perusing Housemouse deciding what to add with my preoder and I noticed she has wave 11's title up is is call Champions of the Forgotten Realms. To me we may be closer to a Drizzt figure than we know or a Jarlaxle.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News