Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 20th, 2009, 05:57 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Legoboy's Maps

Now that I've posted a couple of maps in the GenCon map contest, I thought it was time to start putting up some of the maps I have cranked out over the years. I make new maps all the time. Some of them look nice and play like crap, others look dull but work out pretty well. Still others are fun to build, fun to play on and get taken down because I'm getting the big hairy eyeball from Mrs. Legoboy because she needs the table for dinner with her parents.

Before I start putting the maps up, I want to thank GameBear and Rÿchean for helping me out with file issues and a huge thanks to Logrey and Zzzzz for taking the time to create and share LandScape and VirtualScape. Without them, I'd be taking pictures of maps and going "Now how did I make that happen?" Anyway, here they are.

All My (Posted) Maps

Forgotten Glade- 2 players, 1 RotV and 1 RttFF
Spoiler Alert!

Dzu-Teh Heights- 2 players, 1 RotV and 1 TT
Spoiler Alert!

Bleakwood Canyon- 2 playes, 6 RotV, 4 RttFF, 2 FotA and booster tiles
Spoiler Alert!

Neun Baum Brunnen- 3 players, 3 RotV, 3 RttFF (fewer RotV with a water mat or additional water tiles)
Spoiler Alert!

Swamp of Summoning- 2 players, 2 RotV, 2 RttFF
Spoiler Alert!

Frozen Passage
Spoiler Alert!

I'll just add my first contest entry map for now, and put up others as I get to them. Any comments as well as criticisms are appreciated.

I hope you enjoy them. I'm glad to share.

~legoboy

Forgotten Glade

2 players, 1 RotV and 1 RttFF

I built this map with the idea that I did not want the two armies marching straight towards one another. When we played on this map we found that we did battle in at least 4 different areas of the map. I used the range + 4 and the move + 2 glyphs.

For your convenience, here are the pdf and virtualscape files.

Last edited by legoboy; March 7th, 2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Navigation
Old May 21st, 2009, 08:56 PM

Captain Canuck is surprisingly tart
Re: Legoboy's Maps

This map is a beauty. As a co-tester, I can vouch that there were many areas for battles. We battled on the bridge, around both glyphs, the flat areas next to the trees, and the raised areas adjacent to the trees. There were shootouts across the river, and the road with the movement glyph kept melee units moving. A well balanced map in my opinion. Well done Legoboy, however, next time I will whoop you up but good!!!
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:08 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

I like how its shaped like a trapezoid. Only one line of symmetry. Most maps dont, but they usually are pretty close. I like it! (+rep)
Old July 9th, 2009, 01:02 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!

This is the second map that I entered in the GenCon '09 map contest. I wasn't terribly inspired with the name of the map, so accept my apologies for that.

Dzu-Teh Heights

2 players, 1 RotV and 1 TT

This map was built on the idea that height is always a good thing. I made gaining height costly. This map was intended to use Heavy Snow in play. You can take height to rain down destruction on your foes, but it will take you a while to get there.

~legoboy

Old July 9th, 2009, 01:25 PM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
This is the second map that I entered in the GenCon '09 map contest. I wasn't terribly inspired with the name of the map, so accept my apologies for that.

Dzu-Teh Heights

2 players, 1 RotV and 1 TT

This map was built on the idea that height is always a good thing. I made gaining height costly. This map was intended to use Heavy Snow in play. You can take height to rain down destruction on your foes, but it will take you a while to get there.

~legoboy

How about Icy Path?

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 9th, 2009, 03:10 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

Those Maps look pretty darn cool! Keep up the good work!

Boise ID Scaper
Old July 10th, 2009, 01:36 PM

Long ago in northern Bleakwoode, about 100 clicks west of the Trollsford Swamps a mighty river flowed between the mountains. As time went by, the river left a magnificent canyon in its path. An ambitious Kyrie General built twin strongholds along the banks of the river to serve as strategic strongholds and safe treasure vaults. The Fortresses of Bleakwoode Canyon have been deserted for millennia. Now, as the war between Valkyries becomes more intense, there is a new interest in these strongholds.

Bleakwood Canyon

2 players, starting either at the 2 ends and playing up the valley, or each starting behind the fortress door. 6 RotV, 4 RttFF, 2 FotA and lots of booster pack tiles

This map was just fun to build. It is completely symmetrical from the river, allows for several hiding places and contested areas. Figures are unable to fly over the 15 tree to get into the "cavern" behind. The caverns are only accessible through the cave entrance or through the lower level of the fortress. This is a fun map for big armies. Range will completely dominate if they get the chance to get up to the ruins atop the caverns. Enjoy.

~legoboy

Old July 10th, 2009, 02:24 PM

foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby! foofoofun rolls all skulls baby!

wow I wish I had the pieces to make that.

Hey friends, I know that this is a time of high emotions and stress.
Take a breath, everyone here is on edge and that’s ok. It’s ok to be stressed.

Things will get better.
Have a nice day.
Old July 12th, 2009, 08:57 AM

The Scaped is surprisingly tart

Awesome maps! I love Bleakwoode Canyon.

Want to discuss anime and manga with a friendly community? Come to DDR!
http://dokidokirevolution.forumotion.com/forum.htm
Old July 13th, 2009, 01:31 PM

I appreciate everyone's encouragement and kind words. I loved playing with Legos as a boy (and now, even with 4 kids of my own). My imagination was only limited by the amount of bricks available. I never subscribed to the less is more theory when it came to toys. More Legos means more possibilities.

I feel the same way with Heroscape. I have 7 or 8 RotVs, 2 SotMs, 6 RttFFs, 2 VWs, 2 TTs, 4 FotAs and 3 TJs. I also purchased additional castle ruins and sparkly water tiles from Sandra way, way back in 05. I never imagined that building landscapes could be this fun.

I'm a huge fan of LOS blockers. Anytime you can hide your figs and keep the other guys from shooting you is just good fun. When building for my own enjoyment I almost always use more trees than reasonable. My wife hates the trees. I think they are great. I've made maps where I haven't used trees but still have LOS blockers. I use tiles stacked 5 and 6 high to simulate rugged terrain and boulders. Like I said earlier your imagination is only limited by the amount of terrain available.

I appreciate your taking the time to read this, appreciate your praise for the maps, and hope that I can continue to keep people happy with the maps that I post. I build them just for my own enjoyment, but if you like them too, then that's all good.
Old July 13th, 2009, 01:43 PM

jameswards16 is surprisingly tart

Your maps look very cool!
Great job!

-- James
Old November 23rd, 2009, 04:24 PM

The next map that I want to share with you was one that was built in under 45 minutes. I needed a 3 player map in order for Captain Canuck, Hahma and me to play a three way battle. I think that this one worked pretty well. Since I was not able to playtest before our game, I built this to be symmetrical (may be slightly off). Anyway, without further ado, I present to you...

Neun Baum Brunnen (the Fountain of 9 Trees)

3 players, 3 RotV, 3 RttFF (If you have one of the water mats or just lots of extra water tiles, you won't need all three RotV)

I built this with random glyphs in mind, but feel free to use whatever you desire. This map obviously lends itself to intense battles in the mmiddle where the glyphs are, but the three of us found ourselves in intense battle on the outside too. Hahma still wakes up at night sweating from watching my Isamu take out his 4th Mass.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios