Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Which Stat Spread should be used?
EagleOne's! 0 0%
Gold1's! 3 10.00%
NecroBlade's! 5 16.67%
Messenger's! 3 10.00%
Xn F M's! 6 20.00%
ZBeeblebrox's! 4 13.33%
GeneralGrievous13's! 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 15th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Create-A-Unit 2: Part 6 - Abilities Discussion

As continued from PART 5...

We'll now be voting on the stats of our figure - Aquilla's Support Hero for Lawmen. He (or she!) is a Unique, Relentless, Human Lawman - which, I suppose, makes sense. Your options come from your fellow users - you can see the choices below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
3 Life
7 Move
7 Range
1 Attack
3 Defense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold1 View Post
4 life
5 move
7 range
3 attack
3 defense
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
4 Life
5 Move
8 Range
2 Attack
2 Defense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
5 life
5 Move
6 Range
3 Attack
2 Defense
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xn F M View Post
4 life
5 move
7 range
3 attack
2 defense
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
4 Life
5 Move
8 Range
3 Attack
2 Defense
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGrievous13 View Post
5-Life
5 Move
8 Range
3 Attack
2 Defense
Vote for whichever spread you think is best and all that. Poll closes in three days, whereupon we'll ACTUALLY move on to abilities!

EDIT: Alright, so, GeneralGrievous13's stats win! A bit too beefy for my tastes - but in the same vein I had hoped for, so, huzzah.

Our hero is now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me. Right now.
Lawman Support Hero - Fights for Aquilla
Human, Unique Hero, Lawman, Relentless
5 Life, 5 Move, 8 Range, 3 Attack, 2 Defense
Gettin' bigger now, ain' he?

Well, now we have our ABILITIES DISCUSSION FINALLY YEAH! In short, nominate and second and such; then, finalize it and give me your "Ability Spread, much like we've done before. You know, list of the abilities and what they do and such. Hopefully I don't need to clarify - oh, but make it obvious this is your NOMINATION and not just discussion. Use bold and red and whatever.

Discussion will end in three days; I'll make a poll then and all. Get workin'!

Last edited by johnny139; May 18th, 2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old May 15th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 5.5 - Stat Poll

Wooo!!! First place!

Edit: How the heck does this thread have four votes, and only two views?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 15th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Wooo!!! First place!

SCIENCE!

By the way, I voted for NecroBlade's version because, for all intents and purposes, it's exactly how I pictured the figure acting - staying back and picking away at his target while the cowboys go do their business. In fact, with that stat spread, I kinda picture him as Lee Van Cleef in For a Few Dollars More; particularly his INTRODUCTION SEQUENCE in the film.

I'm hoping we can give him a twist like that - it fits with Aquilla, in that he looks out for himself and his own wallet, but isn't opposed to teaming up with a good guy (like Clint Eastwood!). He's also pretty relentless - I mean, he ain't stoppin' 'til his target's down, y'know?

I'm hoping we can combine this factor with a "chief lawman" feel; very bounty hunterish, but with a "heroic" style and a badge on his chest
Old May 15th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
By the way, I voted for NecroBlade's version because, for all intents and purposes, it's exactly how I pictured the figure acting - staying back and picking away at his target while the cowboys go do their business. In fact, with that stat spread, I kinda picture him as Lee Van Cleef in For a Few Dollars More; particularly his INTRODUCTION SEQUENCE in the film.

I'm hoping we can give him a twist like that - it fits with Aquilla, in that he looks out for himself and his own wallet, but isn't opposed to teaming up with a good guy (like Clint Eastwood!). He's also pretty relentless - I mean, he ain't stoppin' 'til his target's down, y'know?

I'm hoping we can combine this factor with a "chief lawman" feel; very bounty hunterish, but with a "heroic" style and a badge on his chest
I like the concept (and the movie), but for Aquilla? I'd say he'd be more of an Einar guy myself.

I was thinking something more like Conway Twill from Dead Man as far as the appearence went, but with a strong, confident, and compitent personality.

Old May 15th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Relentless just shouts "get close and nasty". I went with Messenger's five life/six range combo.

~Aldin, reachin' fer the sky

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 15th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Wooo!!! First place!

You got my vote!

I was picturing someone like Woodrow Call from the Lonesome Dove series, myself. Especially the Dead Man's Walk or Comanche Moon Woodrow Call-younger but serious and determined.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old May 15th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
I like the concept (and the movie), but for Aquilla? I'd say he'd be more of an Einar guy myself.
Nah - Einar's army is a very stoic group. It's all imperialistic; serve the state, follow your master, die with glory on the battlefield. See, Aquilla - to me, at least - seems like a "ragtag group" type of team. No one really BELONGS, no one really LIKES anyone else, but they work. A bunch of loners and outlaws and general ne'er-do-wells that no other general wants.

See, this is why I wanted a bounty hunter type character - that just screams loner, personally. But as far as lawmen go... I don't honestly like the idea of any of Aquilla's men in a position of power. But they've stretched the definition of "lawman" before; James Murphy may as well be a bandit, and Guilty McCreech is an outright criminal!

So, yeah, that's what I want. Someone who stand alone, but with his friends. A "posse commander" who only works with others because, let's face it, he ain't gonna make it on his own.

But that's just me. I may be running the show, but I don't get to choose the acts.
Old May 15th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I even have my ability concepts down, Posse! and Shootout!.

~Aldin, OK, why?

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 15th, 2009, 11:04 PM

Gold1 knows what's in an order marker Gold1 knows what's in an order marker

I voted Xn F M's because I did see what he was talking about with the defense. As a hunter-type I imagined a guy who would shoot you from a range but could also get up close if he needed to.
Old May 16th, 2009, 04:04 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I see this figure as one who organizes the lawmen. I went with Necroblade because the stats were more like the other lawmen, but with greater range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
I even have my ability concepts down, Posse! and Shootout!.

~Aldin, OK, why?
I know what posse is but what is Shootout!.
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:59 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Had to go with Xn F M's.
These stats are "normal" enough when compared to the other Lawmen that, IMHO, it will make his special abilities (whatever they may be) really shine.
Old May 18th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Gets It!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
Nah - Einar's army is a very stoic group. It's all imperialistic; serve the state, follow your master, die with glory on the battlefield. See, Aquilla - to me, at least - seems like a "ragtag group" type of team. No one really BELONGS, no one really LIKES anyone else, but they work. A bunch of loners and outlaws and general ne'er-do-wells that no other general wants.

See, this is why I wanted a bounty hunter type character - that just screams loner, personally. But as far as lawmen go... I don't honestly like the idea of any of Aquilla's men in a position of power. But they've stretched the definition of "lawman" before; James Murphy may as well be a bandit, and Guilty McCreech is an outright criminal!

So, yeah, that's what I want. Someone who stand alone, but with his friends. A "posse commander" who only works with others because, let's face it, he ain't gonna make it on his own.

But that's just me. I may be running the show, but I don't get to choose the acts.
I can see your point there, I don't agree, but your reasoning is good and it's a valid opinion.

I think we need to bug WotC to get Truth to write up some more of Thormun's Journal. We really need to know more about Aquilla . . . .

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards