Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old September 8th, 2007, 12:20 PM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
October 20th RI Team Tournament! - RESULTS POSTED!

More info below!

What is so special about October 20th?
Man, if you don't know yet, I feel bad for you. October 20th is National Heroscape Day! It's the day when we try to get as many tournaments going around the country to celebrate the game we all love!

Why in RI, don't they throw better tournaments in Mass?
I'm not going to dignify that with an answer.

Where will the tournament be held?
Well the meat packing place turned us down, so we'll go instead with Disposable Heroes at 1428 Hartford Ave, Johnston, RI 02919. Seriously this place is geek heaven, and they now carry Heroscape.

OK so when does the tournament start?
We're shooting for a 12pm start time, so try to show up at around 11:30 to make sure you and your teammate are checked in, and signed up.

How long will it last?
Well, it'll probably be over by 5 or 6, and we might have some stragglers sticking around for pickup games afterwards, so plan ahead!

What is the structure?
Here in RI we wanted to have a bit of fun on National Heroscape Day, we devised a Capture the flag type scenario, but many.... issues... presented itself, so we need a little bit of time to iron out some of the kinks to make sure it's enjoyable. Since we have a great core group of fans that come out to most of the tournaments, we decided to make this one a bit different by making it a TEAM tournament!

Team tournament huh? Are they going to be randomly assigned?
Nope. Not if you bring a buddy to the tournament. We're going to have signups (below) where you can signup both you AND your teammate. However, if you don't have a teammate don't worry! Those that don't have a teammate will be able to be paired up with others once we all show up and sign in!

What if my teammate can't make it?
Again, we'll pair you up (or you can quickly find a new BFF) when you show up.

How many points can the armies be?
The armies will be 900 points per team, but limited to 450 points each player.

What if my opponent only wants to take 430 points, does that mean I can take 470?
No. 450 per player.

Why 450?
Cause I couldn't decide between 400 or 500 so I comprimised with the voices in my head.

How long will the rounds be?
We're going to run some test games over the next few weeks, but we feel comfortable in saying around 90 minutes per round.

What if I pick an opponent, but after the first game, I realize that he's not as good as me and I want all the glory for myself?
Sorry. Once you sit at the first table with your teammate, you're stuck with him or her. So make sure to talk to your teammate before hand and maybe even get in a few games together to work on strategy.

What happens if my teammate has to leave mid-tournament?
We'll cross that bridge if we have to. For now, please make sure that if you sign up to play, you have until at least 6pm available. Dropping out of the tournament midway will cause problems from a scoring end as well as problems for your lonely teammate.

Can my opponent and I have the same unique figure?Dont forget: Teammates may not have the same uniques (no double Q9/double Raelin combos). We will not be mixing in Marvel either.

I want Ninja as my teammate.
I'm sorry. I called dibs 20 years ago. Ninja is taken.

Wait, I'm ninja... what if I don't want to play with you Guru?
What about brothers man?

Ok... I'll be your teammate....
See. Told ya. Ninja is taken.

What is the entry fee?
As with all of our RI tournaments (and our Mass Brothers) there is no entry fee to play. However, all of the prizes will be donated, so if you can bring something to add to the prize table awesome! if not, that's cool too. we're all there to have fun.

Prizes!
$25 GC to Disposable Heroes
$50 GC to HouseMouseGames
Many Heroscape Boosters
Swarm Of the Marro Master Sets
And more!

My teammate can't make it, I don't want to throw off the numbers, so i'm not going to go?
No way dude, you've gotta come. We're going to have signups at Disposable Heroes so there will be players that aren't on the site signing up and joining us. Trust me, there will be plenty of partners to go around.

What maps are we using?
We have maps! There are three maps, each with a selection of Glyphs and unique terrain. You can check them out here:
Map 1
Map 2
Map 3

I have other questions.
Go ahead and ask them in the thread. Any of my RI contingent will be able to answer: MrBistro, TehFattestNinja, or myself.

How will scoring go?
We'll score the same way we do for the Mass tournament. In fact, I LOVED the way Asmiles totally rocked with the calculations in the last tournament. If all goes well I'll be able to bribe him to come and help out. If not, it's back to the classic sharpies and CVS big paper sheets on the windows!

Will there be a kids tournament?
Honestly, I don't know. That depends on the kids, their parents, and the rest of the players. I have no problem incorporating the kids into our team tournament since most of them will probably be paired with an adult anyway. Thoughts?

Who is signed up so far?

I'll list everyone individually unless they have a teammate already, and then i'll add them to the same line.

Confirmed:

TEAMS
TEAM 1: Ninja & theGuru
TEAM 2: Jim & Jim's Nephew
TEAM 3: Skyknight & MrBistro
TEAM 4: Matt & Tina
TEAM 5: ifnopoke & Friend
TEAM 6: Friend of ifnopoke & Other Friend of Ifnopoke
TEAM 7: Pilgrim & Son
TEAM 8: Craig Vanness & Chris Nelson
TEAM 9: Curseyoukhan & Uprising
Team 10: Son of Curseyoukhan & Mosby
Team 11: Oprime & Son of Oprime

Wandering Heroes:

1: Phineas
2: S. Gecko
3: Friend of son of CurseyouKhan
5: Will Creech

Maybe:

Dave & Daughter of Dave
Bloody the Marro Stinger
A few locals from DH (yay newbies!)

Waaaaay too obsessed with pumpkins:

Bobbo

If you don't see your name in the list and you already signed up, just raise your hand.

WOAH! Wait... Ninja is in your group? Is he going to be designing any of your boards cause I heard about the horror show that was his snow board!!!!!!!!!
No. Ninja will not be designing any of my boards. That's crazy talk.
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
**wonders to self... Why does that date sound familliar? Hoping that I'm not doing anything then...**

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well, I finally figured out why that date was familliar... National Heroscape Day!

Count me in. I'm not doing anything else that day.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:20 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Beware timid hearts, for the Skyknight cometh, and he brings with him a good ol fashioned whopper can of whoop butt.
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:53 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
What the hell. I'll put myself down for a maybe on this one.
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Monokidnatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight
Beware timid hearts, for the Skyknight cometh, and he brings with him a good ol fashioned whopper can of whoop butt.
Suh-weet!

See you again, soon!

Jim

Scaper of the Week #17
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
Sweet mother.

I think I can make it that Saturday. I'll check.

Sky and Uprising - you need to come just so you can experience Disposable Heroes. My favorite gaming venue of all-time.

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Skyknight and Uprising? Careful people, New York is looking to walk away with the prize table!

Skyknight, it's going to be great having you here. Uprising, I hope you can make it too.
Old September 14th, 2007, 05:08 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbistro
Skyknight and Uprising? Careful people, New York is looking to walk away with the prize table!

Skyknight, it's going to be great having you here. Uprising, I hope you can make it too.
Thanks guys, I am in about 90% locked in mode right now. I may be bringing my older boy, I am not sure yet. I would like to come by myself because Heroscape is my selfish time :P But I had to sweeten the pot with the wife so I threw the boys name in as well...he has football that day so we will see.
Old September 14th, 2007, 08:21 AM
It's a large Dagger, not a Small Sword

theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla theGuru is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Wow. No info posted yet, and still we've already pulled in Sky AND uprising!

More info to come on Sunday!

Stay tuned!
Old September 14th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
I'm really excited to see an alternative tourney structure myself. Don't get me wrong - I love the way we've been doing it and think it works great. But this sounds really fascinating . . . .

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old September 14th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Oh, and by the way . . .

"Slap Fest"

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events