Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Figure should we use?
Figure 1! 0 0%
Figure 2! 3 14.29%
Figure 3! 8 38.10%
Figure 4! 2 9.52%
Figure 5! 7 33.33%
Figure 6! 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:11 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Create-A-Unit 2: Part 8.5 - Figure Poll

As continued from PART 7.5...

Our unit is now finished! YAY! Here's our cowpoke, in all his glory.

Quote:
Lawman Support Hero - Fights for Aquilla
Human, Unique Hero, Lawman, Relentless; from Earth
5 Life, 5 Move, 8 Range, 3 Attack, 2 Defense, 120 Points
Posse! - Instead of taking a turn with <UNIT>, you may move all Lawmen within four clear sight spaces of <UNIT> (including <UNIT>) up to five spaces each.
Shootout! - Instead of taking a turn with <UNIT>, all Lawmen you control within four clear sight spaces of <UNIT> (including <UNIT>) may attack with either a normal or special attack (they may not move or use special abilities).
Now let's get down to aesthetics, shall we? Scour the internet, my friends, for whatever awesome figures you can find. As we haven't named the figure or anything, exactly WHAT he/she is - outside of being a Relentless Human Lawman that fights for Aquilla and a leader for other Lawmen, of course - is up to you!

So get to it and all that. I'll put up a poll in three days.

EDIT: Alright, here's your choices. Six of 'em, all being pretty different. Wonder which one will end up winning...

FIGURE 1

(ORIGINAL POST)

FIGURE 2 (Far Left)

(ORIGINAL POST)

FIGURE 3

(ORIGINAL POST)

FIGURE 4

(ORIGINAL POST)

FIGURE 5 (Center)

(ORIGINAL POST)

FIGURE 6 (Far Right)

(ORIGINAL POST)

...and, poll closes in three days. Huzzah, huzzah, so on, so forth.

Last edited by johnny139; June 6th, 2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:21 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 8.0 - Figure Discussion

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/inc/sdetail/407396

Try that one! I kinda like it!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:30 PM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Now let's get down to aesthetics, shall we? Scour the internet, my friends, for whatever awesome figures you can find. As we haven't named the figure or anything, exactly WHAT he/she is - outside of being a Relentless Human Lawman that fights for Aquilla and a leader for other Lawmen, of course - is up to you!

I'll see what I can find.

Also, I hope that we can find a pre-painted figure to use, since one of the many reasons that I love Heroscape is that I stink at painting figures.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:35 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

How about the girl all the way to the left?
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:48 PM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart
Cool Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 8.0 - Figure Discussion

Here are two cool ones that I found, though I can't tell if they come pre-painted:

BLACK SCORPION MINIATURES SHERIFF

BLACK SCORPION MINIATURES SHERIFF COBURN

EDIT: Darn, they aren't pre-painted. From the BLACK SCORPION MINITURES web page:

Quote:
We produce white metal miniatures for sci-fi, fantasy and historical gamers, painters, collectors and role-players.

Last edited by GeneralGrievous13; June 3rd, 2009 at 05:59 PM.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 05:50 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

By the way, keep in mind stats and stuff, too. We have a cowboy with eight range - some kind of long range weapon makes the most sense, right? With two defense, it would make much sense to use a heavily armored fellow.

...and scale, too. It can be kind hard to research a figure's scale, but it's good to know either way.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creationist View Post

How about the girl all the way to the left?

Uhh, we decided on a lawMAN.

Actually, I wouldn't mind an Annie Oakley in HS, if we could find one that fit the bill. Like johnny139 said, with a range of 8 they really ought to have a rifle. Could be easier said then done, though. I just looked for half an hour and didn't come up with much (all the best figs seem to be riding horses).

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:42 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
As continued from PART 7.5...

Our unit is now finished! YAY! Here's our cowpoke, in all his glory.

Quote:
Lawman Support Hero - Fights for Aquilla
Human, Unique Hero, Lawman, Relentless; from Earth
5 Life, 5 Move, 8 Range, 3 Attack, 2 Defense, 120 Points
Posse! - Instead of taking a turn with <UNIT>, you may move all Lawmen within four clear sight spaces of <UNIT> (including <UNIT>) up to five spaces each.
Shootout! - Instead of taking a turn with <UNIT>, all Lawmen you control within four clear sight spaces of <UNIT> (including <UNIT>) may attack with either a normal or special attack (they may not move or use special abilities).

Lawman doesnt have to mean a man.
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:13 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I thought about a lawwoman, but women weren't exactly leading posse's.
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
I know.

Please refer to exhibit A. from my post,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
and Exhibit B., from the same post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Actually, I wouldn't mind an Annie Oakley in HS

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old June 4th, 2009, 03:00 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I did some research on lawmen who had something to do with Indians (Aquilla connection), posse's, died in a gunfight, and/or had a cool name. This is what I came up with...

Thomas I. Cloud (18??-1885) - A captain of the Seminole Lighthorse Police.
http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-l...s%20I.%20Cloud

Wild Bill Hickok( 1837-1876)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Bill_Hickok

John "Turkey Creek Jack" Johnson (1852?-1887?) - A lawman and gunfighter, Johnson was known to be in Deadwood, South Dakota and Dodge City, Kansas before arriving in Tombstone, Arizona. He worked as a deputy marshal with the Earps and was part of the posse that killed Frank Stillwell in Tucson, Arizona.

Peter R. "Rattlesnake Pete" Lanahan (18??-1871)
) - In 1861, Lanahan was employed by the Quartermaster’s Department at Fort Hays, Kansas. On February 22, 1868, he was hired as a city policeman for the newly incorporated Hays City, a position he held until August, when he returned to Fort Hays. In August, 1869, he went to work for James B. "Wild Bill" Hickok as a deputy, but In November, ran against the infamous gunfighter in the Sheriff's election. Defeating Hickok, Lanahan assumed the new position in January, 1870 and Wild Bill moved on. However, some of the rowdy crowd of Hays City were none to happy at the replacement and soon began to plot an assassination. On the night of July 16, 1871, several of these assassins started a fight in the Tenth Street Saloon, knowing that Sheriff Lanahan would come running. When Lanahan arrived an tried to stop the violence, he was shot twice in the chest for his efforts. The Sheriff was then taken to his quarters in the court house and tended to by a doctor, but he died a couple of days later

Edward "Ed" Masterson (1852-187 - Born in Henryville, Ontario, Canada on September 22, 1852, Ed and his family moved to Wichita, Kansas in 1869. Three years later, Ed, along with brothers, Bat and James, became buffalo hunters. In July, 1877, Ed became an assistant marshal in Dodge City. Later that year, he was shot in the chest by Bob Shaw during an altercation at the Lone Star Dance Hall. Though severely wounded, he lived to become Dodge City's marshal. On March 15, 1878, he joined with his brother, Bat , who was by then the Sheriff of Charles Bassett to capture two train robbers.
However, the very next month found Ed shot on April 9th, while trying to disarm a drunken cowboy by the name of Jack Wagner. Masterson was able to shoot back, hitting Wagner in the chest. Ed then walked across the street to George M. Hoover's saloon, where he told the tale, before sinking. He was taken to his room, where he died 30 minutes later. Jack Wagner also died the next day. Ed was buried in the at Fort Dodge Military Cemetery.

Andrew L. Roberts, aka: Buckshot Roberts, Bill Williams (18??-187 - A Texas Ranger, outlaw, and member of King Fisher's Gang in New Mexico, Roberts heroically stood up against Billy the Kid and the Regulators in 1878 in what's known as Buckshot Roberts Last Stand.

Sam Sixkiller (1842-1886) - One of the most outstanding members of the Longhorse Police in Indian Territory , Sixkiller was born in the Going Snake District (now Adair County) of the Cherokee Nation in 1842. At the age of 19, he joined a Union Indian artillery company, commanded by his father, 1st Lt. Redbird Sixkiller, during the Civil War. In 1875, Sixkiller was appointed high sheriff of the Cherokee Nation and warden of the National Penitentiary.
Five years later, in February, 1880, Sixkiller became the first captain of the United States Indian Police headquartered at Muskogee, Indian Territory . He also held a U.S. Deputy Marshal’s commission that allowed him to pursue these outlaws out of Indian Territory into Texas , Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas, as well as being a special agent for the Missouri-Pacific Railroad, which gave him access to any railroad property in pursuit of any bandit. With forty men under his command, tasked with policing Muskogee, one of the most dangerous towns in the Wild West, Sixkiller and his men dealt with bootleggers, cattle rustlers, murderers, train robbers, and all manner of lawless characters.
During his six years as captain, Sixkiller’s most famous event was when he attempted to arrest Dick Glass, a notorious outlaw who led a gang of horse rustlers and bootleggers. In June, 1885, Sixkiller and his posse set up an ambush for Glass and his gang near Colbert in the Chickasaw Nation. When the outlaws arrived, the six-shooters began to go off and in the melee, Sixkiller shot Glass. The rest of the gang were either killed or arrested shortly thereafter.
On December 24, 1886, Captain Sixkiller was murdered in Muskogee by two men named Dick Vann and Alf Cunningham. Supposedly holding a grudge against the lawman for a prior run-in, the pair fired on Sixkiller without notice before escaping.

Old June 4th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great research Rich, +rep when I reload.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards