Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old November 12th, 2008, 03:15 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: Wizkids shutting down!

That seems to be the way they did everything: someone jumps out of nowhere and goes "By the way we're doing this now!" and that's what they have to do, screw anyone who didn't know about it.

That's just stupid.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 12th, 2008, 03:34 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
I got into the game a few months ago after it was officially dead. I was delighted to find the starter was $4 and the booster bricks were $20. The HrC forums are awfully quiet though.
Where'd you find those?!
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Insanity of Cohesion

Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun Ryougabot is a penguin with a machine gun

Is it too soon to say "Why don't they just get on the list for bailouts."?

When times are tough, people do not spend money on games that are no fun to play.

-Ryougabot

Find out who works with whom
Old November 13th, 2008, 12:12 PM

Tiak has disabled reputation

I was greatly saddened by the news but far from surprised.
Personally, I believe that Wizkids made some of the best games ever produced. Mage knight was a truly great game to Play and collect and I still cherish my Mage Knight collection and still play it at least once a month in one way or another. Heroclix was great also but slowy lost that which made it great.
The gang at TOPPS wouldn't allow Wizkids to keep making the game they made so well. Cost cutting and lack of support and attention is what did Wizkids and Heroclix in. Then, the econoly tanked and TOPPS had no choice but to close Wizkids doors. I hate to say it but, I would rather they shut their doors instead of continuing to make the Inferior products they had been putting out for the last year.
Topps sells cards and lollipops. They really had no idea how to deal with Wizkids or Heroclix.
So, I will Keep playing Heroclix and using my Heroclix In Heroscape and I will keep positive and maybe someday Mage Knight and the Heroclix will return.

Thanks for reading.

"That's a dumb planet! If Someone tries to kill you, You try to kill em right back."
Old November 13th, 2008, 12:29 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

There is a difference with mishandling and simple economics. When a company makes something that works and then tries to duplicate it over and over again at some point they fail and the folks who were loyal to the original go away and take their money with them.

I collected baseball cards for a long time but once Topps, Upper Deck and the rest started making multiple sets each year to gouge the collectors, I and alot of others said no more.

Also as I have said numerous times it is cheaper to make cards than minis and the profits are higher which is why CCGs are better for companies than CMGs.
Old November 13th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Also as I have said numerous times it is cheaper to make cards than minis and the profits are higher which is why CCGs are better for companies than CMGs.
Is this a fact or a hunch? I mean, obviously cards are cheaper than mini's, but are the margins on cards actually that much greater?

(BTW, the gouging thing you mentioned I agree on completely, and it scares customers away real fast, and way to many companies seem to never learn and keep doing it, and I have a hard time feeling sorry at all when companies like that fail. The slow & steady pace of HeroScape releases is a breath of fresh air compared to that)

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:03 PM
has been BANNED

Yes it is definitely cheaper to make 2-d cards that are made from 1 piece than plastic miniatures which need to be made it 2 parts (figure and base...3 4 parts for Heroclix/MageKinght/Etc) Then there is the handpainting involved.

Cards are printed on machines so the actual production of the product is done at a much faster pace alot cheaper.

Now the cost of development and artist etc may be similar but one it has been created a million cards can be printed alot faster then a million mini's can be. Time is money.
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:14 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Yes it is definitely cheaper to make 2-d cards that are made from 1 piece than plastic miniatures which need to be made it 2 parts (figure and base...3 4 parts for Heroclix/MageKinght/Etc) Then there is the handpainting involved.

Cards are printed on machines so the actual production of the product is done at a much faster pace alot cheaper.

Now the cost of development and artist etc may be similar but one it has been created a million cards can be printed alot faster then a million mini's can be. Time is money.
That much is obvious (hence your nick name, ). However, the part I questioned was the fact that profits were higher.

I.E.: a pack of Magic (60 cards or so) retails for $12 (? I really am guessing here, as it's been years since I bought a pack)
a pack of HeroScape retails for $12.

Is there more profit on the pack of Magic, or on the pack of HeroScape?

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:22 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
Quote:

That much is obvious (hence your nick name, ). However, the part I questioned was the fact that profits were higher.

I.E.: a pack of Magic (60 cards or so) retails for $12 (? I really am guessing here, as it's been years since I bought a pack)

People buy more packs of Magic than Heroscape so the per pack margin may not be as high but the per "wave" profit is much higher.
Old November 13th, 2008, 02:36 PM
has been BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

People buy more packs of Magic than Heroscape so the per pack margin may not be as high but the per "wave" profit is much higher.

And a pack is about 7 or 9 cards and go for $3-$8 a pack from what i have seen. Starter Decks go for about $20
Old November 13th, 2008, 03:48 PM

RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby! RageAngel rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar View Post
5 years is a really good run for a collectible game though.
As you pointed out though, WizKids set the paradigm for painted, collectible miniatures games... so the fact the standard is 5 years is only because that's how long WizKids was able to maintain their lines. Compare not only MTG, and Pokemon, but also Warhammer.

Don't get me wrong though, I like the points you raise as well. Thank you for presenting the contrasting business aspect.

WizKids was one of the most innovative, even if poorly managed, game companies in quite some time. They were like the gamer's hot Internet IPO. Tremendous contributions and innovations, but poor execution and explosive growth they could not manage.
Old November 13th, 2008, 04:34 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And a pack is about 7 or 9 cards and go for $3-$8 a pack from what i have seen. Starter Decks go for about $20
Premade decks are around $10-12.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games